Poll

Just wondering what people think of the night battles in SF

I hate them, BF2 was better with the lights on.35%35% - 45
Love them37%37% - 48
Indifferent27%27% - 35
Total: 128
RedHot
+9|6731
Personally I hate them, but the expansion is still worth it for the new daytime maps and guns.
dshak
+4|6815
I hate them... you can't see anything, night vision on or off... and half the time I die by falling because you can't see the ground in front of you, again, NV turned on or off. regardless, the expansion is worth it, ghost town and warlord are great maps, plus there was one that was rebels vs spetz that I like to, can't remember what it was called.
Metaltop
+1|6764|The Netherlands
You can't see the angle of hills it's all black with or without nightvision.

Besides that I like the nightmaps.
section9
+9|6849|USA
I can't tell how many times I 've gone cliff diving off the devils perch but it's a great map for that.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

I love it
For anyone who's done night ops knows it's not a walk in the park.  I think the whole nightvision, inability to see, relying on other senses thing is brilliant and adds a whole other facet to the game
DakotaDoc64
+0|6793|Omaha, Nebraska

beeng wrote:

I love it
For anyone who's done night ops knows it's not a walk in the park.  I think the whole nightvision, inability to see, relying on other senses thing is brilliant and adds a whole other facet to the game
Yes!!!  I couldn't say it better.  Reminds me of our groups years of Rainbow Six.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

don't like it.  an army will attack with night vision if the other army doesn't have it because then it gives them an advantage.  but here we have two have two armies, each with night vision.  what's the point...just makes for a dull green and white fight with grainy graphics...
andy31419
+1|6751|Savannah - GA
I havn't gotten it yet but played a night one at a friends while testing his zboard keyboard and it is fairly realistic.  Having actually used night vision while deployed, it ads a whole new factor to the fight.  Some people posted that they thought there would be more sneeking around, this creates that situation.  takes a whole lot more teamwork.  May be slower but can be a lot of fun if done right.  I got to get to the store to get it.  I had to travel for Turkey day and it is killing me not to play.
dan500
+57|6849
I love em, knife em in the dark, was top player on meh team useing only the knife

But the hills p1ss me of, falling down the f*ckers all time
Cavendel
+0|6832

superfly_cox wrote:

don't like it.  an army will attack with night vision if the other army doesn't have it because then it gives them an advantage.  but here we have two have two armies, each with night vision.  what's the point...just makes for a dull green and white fight with grainy graphics...
I agree. Next thing will be BF2-Ray Charles version. The screen will be black, forcing you to rely on other senses. Maybe the game will come with an overlay for your tongue. Salty taste? Aim right. Bitter? Aim Left. Sweet as suger pull the trigger.
dshak
+4|6815
there will never be any sneaking around as long as there is still UAV and the all seeing commander... if they really wanted to make SF fun they would have left the squads and removed the commander, or at least crippled some of his resources
TheCheat54
+0|6835
UAV isn't so much of a problem, since it is limited. Satellite scan is the resource that should be removed.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6757|The Netherlands
sounds like the night maps are the maps to get the knife badge
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6750|Florida
I don't like them that much.  Night Flight is okay, but I really don't like Devil's Perch.

It's also going to suck in three weeks when every last n00b messes with the monitor settings to make it seem like daytime.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

superfly_cox wrote:

So, if both armies have night vision irl then neither will use it when attacking in the middle of the night?! Riiiiiiight...
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6757
I like them except as metioned for the ground. . . We need to be able to see the ground, at least a small ammount.  even if the range is severly limited.  I have walked off god only knows how many ledges.

Out side of that, I love the night maps.  The night vision works quite well (although not in the military I have used night vision).  I love the lighting effects, the extra ambiant glow that lit areas have.  Also that in lit areas you are much better without your night vision.  makes you evaluate your situtation more.

They are slower maps, but I belive they are alot of fun.  Teamwork truly pays off in them.
MightyBobo
+2|6782|Omaha, NE
Yup, my ONLY complaint, is the lack of being able to tell the angle of hills and shit.  I was sniping on one of them one time, and the next thing I know?  Weeeee sliding down about 500 feet or so to my untimely death.  Otherwise, its great.
Bloody Sky
+2|6846|Texas
Well I don't HATE them. But I do not like them as much as I do with daytime battles.

For some reason I seem to keep getting owned on night time maps.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6827|Netherlands

Bloody Sky wrote:

Well I don't HATE them. But I do not like them as much as I do with daytime battles.

For some reason I seem to keep getting owned on night time maps.
DITTO!  :-)
Sole
+1|6736|Wateringen, The Netherlands
I quite like the night maps. The only gripes I have are not being able to turn on/off your NVG's whilst driving a vehicle and the earlier mentioned ground issue. Other than that, I really like the atmosphere of the night missions.

Devil's Perch itself is a rather cool map because it has big elevation differences. (Offcourse, combined with the black ground issue it's a potential deathtrap )
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6746|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

Metaltop wrote:

You can't see the angle of hills it's all black with or without nightvision.

Besides that I like the nightmaps.
Thats the Idea matey.... whilst wearing Night Vision you lose all sense of Depth.

I think the night maps are good... you have to be more alert and if you stand under a light most of the time the enemy will have there night vision on and miss you.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6827|Netherlands
when is Talk like a pirate day again...?  hahahha
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6846|Germany / Saxony
I like the night maps.
My first map I played was DevilĀ“s Perch. I ended this round with 18:0 stats, camping in a dark corner and mowing all enemies down that run beside... hehehe
I like also Leviathan (as US-tankwhore) and my fav is Night flight.... as sniper...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
McCullough
+7|6840
The only nightmap that sucks is Laviande or whatever the name is. It's a sleepy map. no action what so ever.
All the other maps are ok. The NV is great, you still can't see shit but you can't see nothing without the NV. It's new typ of game play.
eightFX
+0|6728|NH USA
I think the night maps are more difficult and for that reason I enjoy them more. In the night maps working as a team proves to be more important. With the cover of night your are provided with the ability to be more tactical which doesnt happen much in day time maps with everyone running around like lunatics. Dont get me wrong running around like a lunatic can be fun but the night maps mix it up a bit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard