[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6523
Ok, so here's my problem, for starters I already know what the MAIN problem is.  My friend keeps getting kicked from games from the error message "Inadequate O/S privileges" and I've read several forums on it and all lead to the cause of punkbuster or administrative rights.  I know it's not the administrative rights because he was able to play for awhile before this happened and all of a sudden he couldn't play.  So this leaves it with the "Punkbuster Spyware".  This is the most likely cause, but my question is, how did he get it in the first place?  He wasn't doing anything before this happened and now all of a sudden, he can't play.  Thanks in advance.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6745
punk buster isnt spyware. its the anti cheat system in the game. if you treated it like spyware and blocked it that would explain the error. if not odds are hes infected with vx2.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32416

this is punkbusters response
I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

Press 'Guardian.reg'.
Press 'User Agent'.
Press 'Restore Policy'.
Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

this is thier response for the blocked error
I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.
[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6523

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

punk buster isnt spyware. its the anti cheat system in the game. if you treated it like spyware and blocked it that would explain the error. if not odds are hes infected with vx2.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32416

this is punkbusters response
I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Insufficient O/S Privileges"?

Download and run this file from any location, it will check for adware that stops you from being able to play on PB servers. The VX2 adware edits your user rights when it infects your computer, and many programs do not repair this when they remove it.

http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/VX2Finder(126).exe

Click the "Find VX2.betterinternet info" button to make sure that you don't have this adware. If there are no files listed, go on to the last step. If you find the adware files, (it is usually 3 random named dll files) Select all the files found.

Press 'Delete These Files'. The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot. Allow program to reboot. Once Restarted:

Press 'Guardian.reg'.
Press 'User Agent'.
Press 'Restore Policy'.
Clicking on "find vx2.BetterInternet info" again should show all fields blank.
If you have no adware files, just click on the "Restore Policy" Button

this is thier response for the blocked error
I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.
But my question was how did he get it in the first place?  The VX2.  Because I have already checked the PB site and read all that but I was just wondering how he got it in the first place if he didn't do anything.  Did he get it while he was playing in game?  Or is that even possible?
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6745
vx2 is mal ware. he downloaded something or activated an active x applet that gave it to him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard