Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6814
Why are people so wimpy in BF2? Too often I find that its only me, or me and a squad member are the only one assaulting heavily populated bases.

Nowadays I end up in the top 3 from using medic and killing lots.. so why dont other people follow suit and assault bases and use medic more??

Grr.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

well, you can't tell people how to play. It's everyone's personal choice.

I agree that teamplay is somewhat of a problem on public servers, but that has been the case since the early days of CS. Lack of teamplay has a much bigger impact in BF2 than it did in CS though, because BF2 is even more demanding as far as tactics and co-ordination are concerned.

I try to find servers with VoIP so I can at least ask the guys in my squad why they won't listen to me....

What you should be asking yourself is, if you would be willing to follow someone else's orders ( some random SL on a public server you just joined, I mean.. ).

Moreover, not everyone has the same view on the appropriate tactic in any given situation. Accordingly, if there are no squads set up and the commander doesn't give out orders ( because he doesn't have a plan ),
people a basically running around aimlessly from flag to flag, everyone on his own agenda.

I share your feelings, but I don't know how this could be resolved on public servers...
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6814
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Hmm. When we're attacking a well defended base or defending desperately we usually change from our usual assualt antitank medic support to 4x Support. Unlimited grenades really really works
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

don't be sad.

It's just a game after all...
thinner44
+1|6811
You only need to look at my 'lone wolf' hours to realise I'm not a team player. It's not that I don't believe in them, and for some it's great especially when they work well together, it's just that I do tend to do my own thing. I play for the fun and often I do join a squad only to find it dysfunctional and end up being the squad leader when everyone 'opts out'.

I wouldn't say that LW are whimpy, just maybe a little on the, "I want to do things my way", side, you can't blame them

When I do join a team, I play as a team and will endeavour to follow orders, but as B.Schuss says, "not everyone has the same view on the appropriate tactic in any given situation" ... That I concur

Each to their own
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Ever checked out the tactical gamers? They have some of the best teamplay there.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
Raiding bases is what it's all about surely? Definitely best as a team, but I'm certainly not afraid to infiltrate a base and take out as many people as I can, and even try to capture the base.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838
Lately I have been bored I like to experiment. If my Team has team players I help, If my commander is running around, not even commanding, well every man for him self.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
Yes, I've been doing more Lonewolf lately. Some squads are ... well.. interesting, only a few are the proud. I seem to be lead into -- lead -- more often than not. I just want to be a Meat Shield when I join a squad nowadays because that's what it ends up being. Some dude said I sucked and get off his Squad, I agreed; but all he was doing was going for the first flag on Kark; so I seperated and were both Assault. I get more kills without a Squad but get revived the same as if I was on one... weird.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard