|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6754|Leipzig/Germany
battlefield is a game about infantry AND vehicle battles - it's ok if you don't like vehicles but don't expect to become a general - because a "true" bf2 general is one who masters all expects of the game
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark
Is it really that hard to master the tank.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

stef10 wrote:

If you don't want to spend the time, you don't deserve the rank. Unless you spend those 50 hours (100 for aromr) idling you've got to become at least slightly better at the vehicle unless you've got a learning disability.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6826|St. Louis, MO

|60|Cobalt wrote:

battlefield is a game about infantry AND vehicle battles - it's ok if you don't like vehicles but don't expect to become a general - because a "true" bf2 general is one who masters all expects of the game
Amen.
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark
I am just saying, that there are other and better ways of deserving the rank than being in a vehicle. They stand in a previous post I have made in this Topic.

Last edited by stef10 (2006-07-30 12:32:45)

sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6535|Denmizzark!!

AllmightyOz wrote:

A commander can change the whole outcome of a game. Especially if he is actually commanding his troops and they are listening. A commander can see what is going where, thus making him a very valuable defensive solider. A commander saving one flag from being capped (say suburb in karkand, or factory in karkand) can change the whole outcome of a game. Critical arty strikes on points where lots of guys are can save your team the lives and hassel of fighting those guys, thus giving you momentum to move forward with your assault on whichever base. Try being a commander on a shitty team. Tell me thats easy.
word..
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6535|Denmizzark!!

|60|Cobalt wrote:

word.... again..

btw, you are a fucking animal with those stats..
Capt. Foley
+155|6590|Allentown, PA, USA
I need 28k points and I got it, dont think I will thought because as soon as mods come out Im done with BF2.
tinuzz
lead catcher
+4|6582|The Netherlands
lol ive got the game since it came out and played 96 hours. i need 450 days to get a total of 20000 (now 9000).

dont think ill be a general before my 90th birthday (now 18).
AllmightyOz
+50|6488|United States - Ohio

stef10 wrote:

I am just saying, that there are other and better ways of deserving the rank than being in a vehicle. They stand in a previous post I have made in this Topic.
Armor can make or break a game. If no one on your team is in a tank to take out the other teams tanks, your infantry will just get ripped into little tiny send-home-in-a-box sized pieces. If someone SHITTY is in a tank, your team will get raped. Someone shitty will hit stuff with the tank, get it stuck, and get rocketed in the process. Someone shitty will not utilize the element of surprise, and the different hit spots on the tank (not to mention the one shot kill spot you probably dont know about stef10). Someone EXPERIENCED with a tank will blow all the others out of the water. And why are you bitchin about having to be in a tank 100 hours? On karkand tank whores (good ones) normally get in the top 3. Nothing to complain about that!

stef10 wrote:

Look here I am a Captain. I have played this game so long that I almost know everything.

stef10 wrote:

Look, you do not know everything and you are making an ass out of yourself. You should just go an be undeserving of a general somewhere else than here on these forums.

Last edited by AllmightyOz (2006-07-30 12:46:20)

jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

I think some things should be nearly unattainable --- a reward for doing something exceptional ... not just a show  of  time attrition. i.e. the war college ribbon -- -which was dumbed down imho
ZimiZuhu
+11|6661
hmmm u are saying general requirements are insane... i bet u didn't play bf2 before 1.03 patch
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6527|dunno
it's not that hard to git general rank just all vet im 18000 away from general
TimBob
+15|6655
Why did u come and tell people about how you arnt going to get a rank in a game....why would any one care?
If u spend less time reading the complete turd on here and PLAY the game you might get closer...
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6699|Germany
The only thing I don't understand is why you need the vehicles badges before the infantry badges.
Shouldn't be a 1-star general(brigadier?) rank lower than a 2-star general and because of that easier to get?
For me the other way round would be nice,I got all my veteran infantry badges already,but lack a lot of time in the vehicle-requirements.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-07-30 14:47:49)

SteikeTa
+153|6750|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Damn..... do you people complain about all games you buy just as much as with this one? It should be this, it should be that, that is unrealistic, this is not real...... everything that can be complained about, you do. The game is how it is!!!!!!!!!!! DEAL WITH IT AND STFU
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6699|Germany

SteikeTa wrote:

Damn..... do you people complain about all games you buy just as much as with this one? It should be this, it should be that, that is unrealistic, this is not real...... everything that can be complained about, you do. The game is how it is!!!!!!!!!!! DEAL WITH IT AND STFU
Damn,he's right.Let's just close down the forum and never talk about BF2 again.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
If i get to 2nd Leutenant il be happy.
vassili
+66|6525
I think it should be a good thing getting a general rank without being a tank whore,
I might get the points in either this life or the next but the 100 hours in all vehicles is not going to happen would love ea to either easy up the armored badges or to remove the armored badge from the requirements for the general rank
AllmightyOz
+50|6488|United States - Ohio
it stupposed to be hard! not everyone should have every badge/rank, or even be capable of getting them.
I_invented_BF2
DICE/EA spokesman
+19|6485|denmark

stef10 wrote:

Well as you guys know the requirements for General are very high, and in my opinion completely insane. Look at all of those hours, you have to be in a vehicle. Since the rank General came I have wanted to become one, but I am not the type that spends loads of time in vehicles. Look in my stats. Do you think it would get changed, and would you ever have a chance of becoming one.
dude - how many hours do you think it takes IRL to become a general starting from scratch??? and how much skills do you think it requires? the answer to both - a whole lot more, than you have currently displayed.

and YES - they DO spend hours in a vehicle, just sitting on their ass, giving orders on the radio, and I know that for a fact. I used to work in a NATO HQ.

and if you truly mean, that  commander points only are determed by his team and not him self - well, then you're the kind of commander, who lack the skill to turn around the out coming of a round.

by scan and arty I can take out that single man, who escaped from the battle in the palace, and stop him from taking a flag, while I support my own team with UAV and supplies. do you think that ability might come in handy at some point?
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6754|Leipzig/Germany

sgt.sonner wrote:

|60|Cobalt wrote:

word.... again..

btw, you are a fucking animal with those stats..
hehe, thx
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere
i think what they should have done is also lower the Expert Armour reqs (freakin n00bs at EA either forgot, or just didn't care enough to change them) and then leave the Brigadier General reqs at Expert and Major General reqs at Expert, but whatever, EA people are kind of stupid, so yeah
INDREKK367
+10|6488

SteikeTa wrote:

WORD!!!

+1 If i had a change to karma you...
SteikeTa
+153|6750|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

SteikeTa wrote:

Damn,he's right.Let's just close down the forum and never talk about BF2 again.
Yes lets do that, or just stop wanting to nerf everything and lowering requirements for absolutely everything in the game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard