spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6640|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

c0mplex1ty wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

c0mplex1ty wrote:

i like the poanasaraus

edit: do i fail too?
yes. mainly due to the fact i dont know what your imaginary dinosaur is meant to be called.
pronounced pown - uh - sore -us
pwnz0rz

actually on-topic(ish) for a change.

my favourite is the idontgiveafuckasaurus

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-07-29 23:25:09)

Rosse_modest
+76|6774|Antwerp, Flanders

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Raptort

3 Words: VERY FUCKING SCARY

Extended: Scared the shit outta me when I first watched Jurassic Park (I was 6, gimme a break)
Actually the dinosaur called velociraptor in Jurassic Park isn't a velociraptor at all. Velociraptors were a lot smaller, with their hips reaching half a metre, length 180-200 cm (half of which was tail) and total maximum height half that of a man, weighing in at 15 kg. Also, a number of people assume it was feathered and a handful of people even consider it to be a bird in the fullest sense of the word, and no longer a dinosaur.

And they probably weren't all that smart either. I mean the velociraptors, not the people.

My favourite's triceratops, don't know why, just liked it as a kid.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6763|Dallas
Jurassic Park is the most historically accurate movie in the history of motion pictures.

trufax
Rosse_modest

Cougar wrote:

Jurassic Park is the most historically accurate movie in the history of motion pictures.

trufax
Yes, with Star Wars coming in a close second.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6555|Brisbane, Aus

t rex aka l33tasaurus
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Brontosaurus - BIG lazy fucker
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Other - Utahraptor, huge.

My childhood favorites were among any number of predator species, but the ankylosaurus was hands down my favorite herbivore, though I did appreciate my rubber triceratops. Sad that neither of these species were on the poll, but you can only have so many options.

Rosse_modest wrote:

Actually the dinosaur called velociraptor in Jurassic Park isn't a velociraptor at all. Velociraptors were a lot smaller, with their hips reaching half a metre, length 180-200 cm (half of which was tail) and total maximum height half that of a man, weighing in at 15 kg. Also, a number of people assume it was feathered and a handful of people even consider it to be a bird in the fullest sense of the word, and no longer a dinosaur.

And they probably weren't all that smart either. I mean the velociraptors, not the people.

JP canon, it's been argued that the velociraptors and other dinosaurs in Jurassic Park weren't true dinosaurs at all, due to cross-contamination with amphibian DNA. Therefore, they would be considered mutant velociraptors. Filmwise, the artists made the raptors a bit larger to make them a bit more intimidating. Coincidentally, my favorite (utahraptor) is a larger variety of family Dromaeosauridae (utahraptor itself about 20 feet long, 8 feet tall, and weighing roughly 3/4 a US ton), and was discovered only a few years after the release of Jurassic Park. A pity JP wasn't made in the mid-90's instead...but without the late 80's release, we wouldn't have had Sega's excellent Genesis rendition.

https://www.whipassgaming.com/images/genesis/segalogo/segalogo_jurassic.gif

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-07-30 05:48:15)

Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6575|Arlen, Texas
Tremble in fear at the mighty T-REX!!!

https://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8793/rexgz5.png

Here he is terrorizing an innocent caveman, who just happens to look like Jack Gilford.

https://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3644/pdvd169ly9.png

Last edited by Smaug (2006-07-30 09:35:22)

KtotheIMMY
+513|6762
Pteradactyl... because I have a cuddly soft green Pteradactyl on my shelf named Terry
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6701
Triceratops

Pointy, goody-two shoes.
TheFlipTop
+28|6523
Pteradactyl

Coz They Fly

and shit on the rest from above

What about the one eyed dinos?

The Dyathinkhesaurus.

I know, I know, I know, dreadful, I fail miserably.

Last edited by TheFlipTop (2006-07-30 09:49:16)

Rosse_modest

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Other - Utahraptor, huge.

My childhood favorites were among any number of predator species, but the ankylosaurus was hands down my favorite herbivore, though I did appreciate my rubber triceratops. Sad that neither of these species were on the poll, but you can only have so many options.

Rosse_modest wrote:

JP canon, it's been argued that the velociraptors and other dinosaurs in Jurassic Park weren't true dinosaurs at all, due to cross-contamination with amphibian DNA. Therefore, they would be considered mutant velociraptors. Filmwise, the artists made the raptors a bit larger to make them a bit more intimidating. Coincidentally, my favorite (utahraptor) is a larger variety of family Dromaeosauridae (utahraptor itself about 20 feet long, 8 feet tall, and weighing roughly 3/4 a US ton), and was discovered only a few years after the release of Jurassic Park. A pity JP wasn't made in the mid-90's instead...but without the late 80's release, we wouldn't have had Sega's excellent Genesis rendition.

http://www.whipassgaming.com/images/gen … rassic.gif
If it was released in the mid nineties they still would have called it velociraptor because that sounds a lot cooler. And I wouldn't call the things in JP to be "a little bigger" than the actual animal.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6526|Portland, OR USA

Rosse_modest wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Raptort

Extended: Scared the shit outta me when I first watched Jurassic Park (I was 6, gimme a break)

Isn't that exactly what I posted?  And isn't that exactly what was subsequently corrected in a subsequent post?  Reading FTW.
Rosse_modest

PuckMercury wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Raptort

Isn't that exactly what I posted?  And isn't that exactly what was subsequently corrected in a subsequent post?  Reading FTW.
I actually decided to post when I read your "velociraptor was a fictional dinosaur actually". I just stopped reading there.

I just had a problem with everybody thinking velociraptors were so cool while what they had in mind for a velociraptor was not really a velociraptor, and when you said velociraptors didn't exist at all I just didn't have the courage anymore to keep reading.

I actually got beat up by a couple of kids in grammar school because I was a fucking liar for saying that those little cuties in JP weren't velociraptors at all, so the whole velociraptor topic is kind of sensitive for me

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-07-30 12:22:47)

[R]age^B-HeKtiC^
You like that, biatch!?
+25|6803|Uk
Tyrannosaurus Rex - they pwn all
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6575|Arlen, Texas

[R]age^B-HeKtiC^ wrote:

Tyrannosaurus Rex - they pwn all
Sometimes they rent, too.
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland
I said other, I like the dickwadosaurus. Or wen you cant tell if it saw you or not there's the doyouthinkhesaurus
bennisboy
+829|6645|Poundland

bennisboy wrote:

I said other, I like the dickwadosaurus. Or wen you cant tell if it saw you or not there's the doyouthinkhesaurus
I apologise on behalf of myself for such a childish post Yeah Right
Kenthar
Resident Dragon Fanatic
+21|6545
Seriously, why isn't Utahraptor a choice?

I got this book right here; Raptor Red. Maybe you've heard of it? No? Well, I'll transcribe a paragraph from the introduction, written by the Robert T. Bakker himself.

"When the movie Jurassic Park came out at the beginning of the summoer of 1993, it became the biggest blockbuster ever and made Velociraptor a household word. A significant percentage of the moviegoing public knew that the true star was more accurately called Utahraptor."

Last edited by Kenthar (2006-07-30 15:04:37)

Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6575|Arlen, Texas
The Liopleurodon,  while not a dino, but a plesiosaur, was awesome! Largest carnivore ever to exist on earth. Google it, or better yet rent 'Walking With Dinosaurs' and watch the episode about the sea....

Edit:Made it readable....

Last edited by Smaug (2006-07-30 15:38:10)

AllmightyOz
+50|6485|United States - Ohio

spawnofthemist wrote:

c0mplex1ty wrote:

i like the poanasaraus

edit: do i fail too?
yes. mainly due to the fact i dont know what your imaginary dinosaur is meant to be called.
PWN A SARUAS U FAG!!
jet burned
Banned
+13|6624|Irving, Texas, USA
I would have voted raptor but I saw it to late.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6526|Belgium

Dinosaur:
     triceratops
reason:
     For the win!
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6784|Perth, Western Australia

Rosse_modest wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Raptort

Yes I know that the actual Dino seen in Jurassic Park is a denonychous (sp?). Still scared the crap outta me. I sometimes see my two cats hunting in tandem in my front garden and think "Shit, just like those raptors"
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
Triceratops

3 Big Horns

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard