Ach1lles17
+0|6865|Laguna Beach, California
I have no idea how these two are awarded. I would suppose time in theater but I've played on MEC Maps for almost 20 hours and have seen nothing. I usually prefer Strike at Karkand and maybe I have to spend at least an hour on each of the MEC maps.

Could anybody post ways in which to receive this ribbon?
Buzerk1
+44|6860
I got both just after the patch upgrade... which map are you playing??

Edit: just check your profile.... Mmmm you need to play more and play different map...

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2005-10-09 21:23:25)

jowwarr
+0|6798
I logged in today and found I had the Chinese Service Ribbon but not the MEC.
At the time I had 25.24 hours Global and just over 6 hours as Chinese but only 4.28 as MEC.
Played 2 games as MEC which brought my MEC hours to 5.16 and I now have the Mid East Service Ribbon- no ingame announcement though.
Not sure if it was for 1 round or 5 hours as MEC but I'm guessing there's a 25 hour requirement as well?
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6870|Australia
Urm no make ur mec time the same as ur chinese and you should get it
i think thats how it works!
Badcomp
+2|6812|U.S.
I logged in to find I had both the MEC and Far East service ribbons.
This is what I have for both factions:

MEC 78:11:53 189 172 84 10,579
CHINA 40:01:21 79 68 85 27,221

Looks like 40hours may be the requirement???
Badcomp
+2|6812|U.S.
Well nevermind. Looking at Smurfz, he doesn't have 40 hours for one of them.  35 hours maybe?
Cowburn199
+0|6798
From what i have heard you need at least 1 round on every map with that army. That's what i've heard anyway
us-assa55in
+0|6798
Yo I rele need help with this. I dont understand you guys say u get them together but myy friend has one but not the other. Please HELP ME!!!
Yea and planetbattlefield says u need 5 kill streak and 13 kills to get far east and mec but their rong with other ribbons so idk

Last edited by us-assa55in (2005-10-10 13:32:33)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6867|Bryan/College Station, TX

us-assa55in wrote:

Yo I rele need help with this. I dont understand you guys say u get them together but myy friend has one but not the other. Please HELP ME!!!
Yea and planetbattlefield says u need 5 kill streak and 13 kills to get far east and mec but their rong with other ribbons so idk
The bottom line is all the information we have is speculation.
We do not know the facts behind these ribbons.
The answer you are looking for we can not give with 100% certainty.

In short, we don't know and can't help you right now.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
perfarms2
+0|6797
"Time in service" = total time played.  Unclear what the total is, but I got the far-east ribbon after the patch, with about 175 hours logged.

"Time in theater" = time played in the mid-east (MEC) or far-east (china) maps.

Now, in my particular case, I couldn't figure out why I got the far-east ribbon, but not the mid-east ribbon.

Turns out that I had never played on "Zatar Wetlands", but I had played all the other maps.   I logged one minute  on Zatar (ironically, I got kicked due to high ping).  I didn't get awarded the far-east ribbon during that one minute of logged time, but it showed up about 15 minutes later.

So, it seems that "Time in theater" means that you have to have logged a certain amount of time TOTAL, covering ALL the maps for the mid-east or far-east theater.
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6767
hopefully this might help you guys:

i had a global total of about 29 hours.  most of it mec.  almost equal as US.  fraction of it China.  i was looking at my stats, and noticed i have played every map EXCEPT kubra dam and Songhua Stalemate.

so i found a server and played 2 rounds on kubra dam.  started as usmc, got switched (by server) to mec.  won the first, lost the second.  total of about 37 min.  still no ribbon...

but later that night, i checked my stats:  got the mid-east service ribbon.  checked bfhq, and it shows i got it...

at this point, i've played ALL the mec maps, but not the china ones.  i'm gonna play the stalemate map tomorrow, and see if i get it.

now, i only played 1 or maybe 2 rounds on Mashtuur City, total of 15 minutes, but have won no rounds.  so, obviously (i hope) wins have nothing to do with the ribbon.

My guess:  play every map for at least a full round.  and then, after a certain amount of global time, you'll get the badge.  it might also have a total time in a theater (MEC or china).  I'll keep you posted if i get the chinese ribbon tomorrow...
Boogie
+1|6770
My theater ribbons just showed up in my BFHG, not sure if there is an ingame announcement for it?
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6795
Never noticed any in game announcment.. All I can say.. is divide your time up so you play every map at least once.. and just play a lot of BF2 Youll have both in no time
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6754|Rochester, NY
I played more MEC over the Chinese and got the Far East Ribbon instead of the MEC Ribbon... Weird
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6813|Singapore

don't wh0re any city maps, play all maps in the rotation, don't keep changing team, live with autobalance. thaat's how i got mine.,
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6761|Aus
I beleive that the play on all maps and total of 20 hours is correct, as i got mine ages ago, and couldn't have played much more than 20 hours, and I got my MEC one after playing a map I hadn't played before, and no there is no in game announcement, too crappy a ribbon for much celebration
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6813|Singapore

(\  /)
(O o)         " HE LIES "
(> <)

Kind of a pointless ribbon if you ask bunny... Umm.. Me.
Adelphi
+8|6765|Long Island, NY
I got mine last week at the same time, when I had about 10 hours (total playing time) less than what I'm up to now.  I didn't even know I was awarded them until the next day when I was checkin' my stats here at bf2s.com

Just play the game and you'll get them eventually.  I rather enjoy receiving badges/ribbon/medals when I least expect it, heh.  Like when I had a very crappy round and then out of no where I was awarded the purple heart medal.  Yeah, it was a crappy round, but the drum roll and medal popin' up made it not so horrible, lol.  Well that's just IMO.
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6761|Aus
Now that's an awesome medal, I was happy when I got mine, cos that meant my K : D was up to 0.25
now it's up to 3.2!

d00d, my deaths per minute own yours

Last edited by kR4MR (2005-11-23 19:05:05)

Chard
+1|6856|Christchurch, New Zealand
from what Ive heard and read I think you need to play one round in every map as mec or china and have 5 hour gobal play time for mec or china
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6767|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
hi i got my mid east ribbon on dragon valley only 12 people in server lasted about an hour also got 3 other awards too, i got my far east ribbon i dont know how i only had about 2 hrs as chinese ??? came as a complete surprise as you can see i dont get many hrs with work and family
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6741|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
I had get the mid-east and chinese service ribbon in 1 round at karkand. It's very strange: how can i get a chinese ribbon at a US vs. MOC map instead of US vs. CHINA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard