Poll

What do you think is the most underrated map?

FuShe Pass24%24% - 40
Songhwa Stalemate33%33% - 55
Zatar Wetlands17%17% - 28
Clean Sweep24%24% - 40
Total: 163
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

imdead wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

imdead wrote:

You guys gave me an idea. Our Sharqi lacks popularity due to the 1.3 patch.

Give me tonite and I'll make it Songhua Stalemate. Or I just make it all 4.

It'll be the 50 man...
Yes. Please. Wait no. Make it the following:

-Dragon 64
-Kubra 64
-Songhua 64
-Clean Sweep 64
-Fu She 64
-Zatar 32 (I think the 64 is way too large but your choice)
Done, Ill make it 24/7 Rare Maps 

Need help filling it though, esp as soon as I change it.. itll be in 4 hrs from now tho, im at work...
Sweet you rock. If it doesn't work out I suggest putting Karkand at the start, inbetween Songhua and Clean Sweep, and after Zatar (which would also be at the start, so its a loop of Kark, 3 rarities, kark, 3 rarities). Should keep the server populated.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6493|Los Angeles

imdead wrote:

You guys gave me an idea. Our Sharqi lacks popularity due to the 1.3 patch.

Give me tonite and I'll make it Songhua Stalemate. Or I just make it all 4.

It'll be the 50 man...
Yeah baby! Look at that! Action! I'm looking for your server tonight.

Gosh, I really feel like I made a difference in the world. *sniffle* Next I'm going to try to raise some money for the hotel band at Mashtur to get them a practice space in a safer part of the city.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6493|Los Angeles
Maybe even title it "Underrated maps!! + Karkand 24/7". I think underrated sounds cooler than rare, it instills that "f*** yeah bro, FINALLY!!!" feeling.

See you there tonight. If you see me being a plane whore, it's my buddy. I'm showing him BF2 to get him addicted so he gets a decent computer to play on himself.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

*eagerly awaiting the brand new ultimate server*
BCspeed34
+6|6551
What are these maps? :p

SHONGRA STRALEMRATE!
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
Clean Sweep for me. I like them all but never really liked Songhua. It's just that every time I try it, there's no teamwork at all and too much running.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6636|Cumberland, MD, USA
I sorta like Songhua. There's lots of armor and I like that.
defaultPlayerBF2MCSF
+4|6475|Pennsylvania, U.S.
Stalemate is definitely the most underplayed and underrated map of BF2. I see the least amount of servers playing that map than any other map. I've seen 24/7 servers of all the other maps except Stalemate.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield
Sorry it took me awhile but we had some people on the Sharqi finally, but now your request has been met.

Map rotation is : Dragon, Songhua, Cleansweep, Kubra, Fushe and Zatar (32). 2 rounds each, 50 players max.

https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/0/FFFFFF/000000/0000FF/000000/208.64.64.61:16567.png
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6655|Sheerness, UK
Night flight is one of the most underated maps, I think all night maps arn't played as much and seem to get ignored, but I love them as they're good for stealth kills.

https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8818/dadsarmy1024x768gu9.jpg
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6638
zatar is the best map in the game
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6660|Sydney, Australia
Shongula is under rated. I personally don't like any of those maps (especially zatar).Dragon valley and Operation harvest are fairly under rated if you ask me.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord
Good selection of maps for this question; I really can't decide though.

Clean Sweep I think is no fun unless you're in a jet (as someone mentioned in another thread the other day) but I could imagine a good, tough game could be had by all if there happened to be no good pilots on either team. It would be a real challenge for the USMC side though if MEC had their act together; I can see this being as unbalanced as Wake is now if it's played in no-vehicle mode.

I don't like Zatar at all but I can imagine someone could love it and it would play well with a good team/squad. Given its size the 64-player version is going to be practically unplayable in no-vehicle mode.

FuShe I like myself as it has a lot of varied terrain/geography and flag zones, plus I like the visibility obviously as I'd prefer to snipe; and just look at it. Been playing this more again just now to get my WLR for all maps above 1 and had some decent games. But I have had some awful games on it in the past, you know the kind of thing: get in buggy, drive for 1 minute, arrive at flag to capture it and get killed by the APC and the attack helo converging on that spot at that exact moment.

Songhua I despise with a passion (bad experience, don't want to talk about it... ) and I'm surprised it's not my map with the lowest score, although it's close. But I can see someone having a good time of it with a decent team/squad. Probably best if you like APCs of course.

But as to most underrated... very hard to say.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Well so far no one is biting.. Im thinking three things...

1) move it to 24/7 Songhua
2) move it to 24/7 Fushe
3) move it back to 24/7 Sharqi.

what you you think?
Crawdaddy79
+27|6529
Songhua Stalemate is good if you like driving an APC, but Zatar and Clean Sweep I feel are completely awful maps for anyone except the four jet pilots on the server.

Number one underrated map on the poll is Fu She Pass.  In fact, I think it's the best map BF2 offers along with Dragon Valley.
Giant_Squid500
+5|6664|U.S.A.
Yea my only gripe with Zatar is that its so freakin huge and open. If your not in a APC/Tank or a Plane/Helicopter your basically useless since it would take you the whole round just to get to the nearest flag.  And if your in a car your just cannon fodder for planes.

But yea I wish Fu She or Songhwa was played more. The fog isn't that bad, the only problem with Songhwa is that if your in a rush to escape in a car you might not notice where the water gets deep sometimes.  In fact Songhwa was the very first map I ever played.
Game*
Jihad!
+0|6796
Clean Sweep All Tha Way
NeoCommander
Banned
+15|6636|USA
I like stalemate...
niomosy
+26|6682

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

I didn't include Dragon Valley, I thought it was super popular. It is on the two servers I play. My bad!
I wouldn't expect Dragon Valley to be an underrated map.  The Heli whores tend to do pretty well on this map with the helis that can spawn at the caps.

My vote was FuShe Pass.  I love the multi-level on it and some of the roundabout routes taken to some of the flags.  Plus, it's still the most beautiful map of the lot.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6629|Wigan. Manchester. England.
night maps
Jelecak
+1|6617|Vodnik camper van, Ghost town
Zatar wetlands. Quite nice map for a sniper rifle user (better than other armor/air whoring maps) and it's the only not city map i play.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6493|Los Angeles

imdead wrote:

Well so far no one is biting.. Im thinking three things...

1) move it to 24/7 Songhua
2) move it to 24/7 Fushe
3) move it back to 24/7 Sharqi.

what you you think?
Man I was looking for it last night, but it wasn't up.

Why don't you try a trial with 24 hours of Songhua, 24 of Fushe and see what the interest is?

I really don't know servers well but I can imagine it's damn near impossible to reach critical mass of let's say 16 players, but after that you should get a steady flow if people stay in the channel. Must be tough to get there from zilch though.
imdead
Death StatPadder
I had the "Underrated Maps" up for 4 days and No bite. The rotation was Songhua, Kubra, Clean, Fushe and Zetar.

Ill do a 24/7 Songhua right now. (8/2/06 0900 pST)
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Mashtuur is the most underrated map.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ArmouredKitty
+3|6504|England
clean sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! such a c0000l map, tanks have very little room for manouvre, teh 2-man jets even things out for ground pounders, and above all, its IMPOSSIBLE to get lost if you are a noob.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard