mycatsdied
+1|6834
OK so I decided that I would take the chance on the new downloader thing. SO this morning I set up my account enetered all my information and purchased the game.  I downloaded th EA downloader and installed. I went to start the downloader and I get a windows error. IT just says the EA desktop client has encountered an error and needs to stop and asks if I want to send the report to microsoft.

Needless to say IM upset that I just forked out 30 bucks and have no way of getting the game. SHould have just gone to the store like I have been doing for last 10 years. SO has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it. IM sure that EA Support will take there time getting me a response which I feel will do little to solve my problem. Or does anyone know a customer support number where GOD WILLING I COULD TALK TO A HUMAN BEING.

thanks deadcats
mycatsdied
+1|6834
OK after spending a significant time on the phone with EA the problem is not solved. They basically told me to go fuck myself. The tech support guy told me to try and create a new adminstrators account and try and reinstall it.  Thats it. 20 min of waiting and 5 min of tech support. After that didnt work hes said sorry and to call the number back and ask for a refund then drive to the store.

The nearest place that has it is an hour away and the cost of gas makes the cost of the game go up by like $20.

I truly cant believe the shit EA pulls. They release something to the public then they only have one way of trying to fix it and if that doesnt work your fucked. I mean what if your car wouldnt start and you took it to the shop and they all they checked was the battery and said sorry try a new car. Thank GOD  the rest of the world doesnt have the same mentality as EA.

For anyone else having trouble  with the EA downloader and is looking for a complete waste of time you can call 877-643-7304. Be warned their probably going to tell you to hop in that car pay $2.50 a gallon and that driving with the stick they just shoved up your ass makes driving uncomfortable.

from very frustrated
deadcats
Dev
+0|6875|Ft. Worth TX
We have discovered an installation problem with a limited number
of EA customers who downloaded Battlefield 2: Special Forces. 
Unfortunately your account is one of those affected.  If you try
to install Battlefield 2: Special Forces, you will see the error
message, "BF2CDKeyCheck.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

We apologize for the problem and are working quickly to resolve it. 
We expect to send you a follow-up email later today with a solution.

Please stay tuned,

The EA team
CreepingDeath
+1|6787
Dev I was just about to post the samething. . .
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6813|AUS, Canberra
im downloading it now bit every few mins the download stops and i get an error in the downloader screen its like 709 090 error or somthing like that, i have to restart my comp and start the downloader again but it then does after a few mins..
anyone else had this?
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6836|Canberra, Australia
I was just going to wait till tuesday next week and buy the damn thing in the store..
Possum61
+9|6791|Philly PA USA
Question ? Why on earth would you want to download it.  I would much prefer to have the disk in hand. That way you would not have to go thru all there crap. And if your harddrive crashs you have to go thru the same shit again   
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6813|AUS, Canberra

Possum61 wrote:

Question ? Why on earth would you want to download it.  I would much prefer to have the disk in hand. That way you would not have to go thru all there crap. And if your harddrive crashs you have to go thru the same shit again   
thats why you burn it to disc.
ex0331
+-2|6840
my ea downloader wont run. yeah i was lazy tonight and didnt feel like going to find who has it. i looked through here and didnt see anything. any suggestions rather than go to the store and buy it?
KungfuBeer
The King of Beers
+31|6772|SoCal
I could not get this game in any store yesterday, so I also downloaded it.  This is the last time I will ever do it!  It took 4.5 hours to complete.

I had the 0970 007 error or what ever the message was, I persisted and it finished.

Upon INSTALLING the mod, I got the internal error 3 times as well.  I exited the EADownloader and relaunched it with a successfull install.  I played last night and am a little disappointed as there was so much lag.

Overall, I had a great time - as I usually do with BF2, but I will never download anything from EA again.
ex0331
+-2|6840
well the problem still remains..i cant even launch the ea downloader. says it must close.
ex0331
+-2|6840
so   mycatsdied how much of a bitch was it to get the refund? looks like thats the route i'm gonna take here. gonna go to the store and get it today but i'll be damned if i pay for it twice.
[GR]OBrian
+0|6772
Theres a PATCH ready at EAGAMES to correct this issue...   se it here....

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=eadownloader
mycatsdied
+1|6834
Actually my problem wasnt with the game it was with the downloader. SO I never downloaded it. They refunded me instanly however I havent checked my bank account to see if they ave me the credit yet(should probably do that).

ONCE AGAIN for those who didnt read my first post it was not the game it was the downloader.
Chowley
+1|6728|Ireland
Did anyone get a resolution to this error ? I dont like the prospect of trying to get a refund off EA.
Chowley
+1|6728|Ireland
Finally found a solution to this issue ironically due to my DSL going down for the night.

Anyway reboot the pc, ea downloader should be in your system tray, turn off your adsl modem, then right click the icon select login. For the first time ever it allowed me to log in, then reconnect and you can sign in.

Its actually working for me now at last, SF is slowly downloading.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard