Poll

Which one do you prefer, regular BF2 or BF2 SF???

'vanilla' BF250%50% - 81
BF2 Special forces49%49% - 79
Total: 160
Viper38
+118|6681
Vanilla: I'm a plane whore (even saying it makes me feel dirty) ... enough said
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6856|Germany / Saxony
I prefer "vanilla" a lil bit more, cause I´m a vehicle-whore most of times and SF lacks real vehicle-battles and jets.... But SF is fine on the other way to get on a n1 AK-pwnage...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
snapon12
+4|6591
i like both but i like specia forces because of the sweet guns pluse they have gost town
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6650|Olympus Mons, Mars
SF!!!! SF!!!!!! Put a choice of EF, too! -1 karma for that.

Why SF is better

1a.Battlefield 2 has only 3 armies.
2a.Battlefield SF has twice more armies than Battlefield 2 (SF has 6 armies).

2a.New weapons in SF.
2b.No new weapon.

3a. 33 vehichles in BF2
3b.43 vehichles in BF2SF

And all that jazz...
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6684|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
normal better, 'cause u dont have the annying night
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6804|South Cybertown, Texas
Both!
mrboogman
You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here!
+13|6714|Germany
I now like SF better because it's much faster paced and suited for infantry tactics imo. I recently started to play it again (after having stopped playing it shortly after it's release) because vanilla started to get boring and since then i didn't want to go back to vanilla...
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6635|Birmingham, UK
I like vanilla slightly more, as you get more communication (I find) within squds - by communication, I mean VoIP. Also, you can use the G36E with all of the armies
andy31419
+1|6760|Savannah - GA
I like vanilla bf2 better because of the big open maps.  SF has some but it requires a lot more teamwork and sorry to say there just isn't an over abundance of that anywhere.  However, I find more of it in Vanilla.  I wish more of the servers would rotate the EuroForce Maps in with them so it would add more variaty.  I love them all thought and my wife thinks that I need an intervention and a support group, or maybe it's her that needs the support group. Lay in front of the TV or play BF2?  That's not so hard to answer!  :-)
luckybaer
+10|6786| Going Feral
I like maps from both, but I like SF a little better.

Heaven for me would be a rota of Karkand, Sharqi, Mashtuur, Warlord, Ghost Town, Night Flight, and Devil's Perch.
Souljah
+42|6679
i love to play infantry and to me alot of the SF maps are infantry based. id only play SF but some of my clanmates comps cant handle it . well some of them will be upgrading soon so bye bye karkand and hello warlord .

ps. we need MORE SF servers!!!

Last edited by Souljah (2006-04-24 13:49:13)

WilyHawk
+14|6593
I love the new items (flashbang, grapple, zip...) and I like the map Surge a lot
Brasso
+1,549|6641

ZimiZuhu wrote:

jord wrote:

ZimiZuhu wrote:

I like more SF 'cause it have ghost town and mi-35 HIND
You have got to mean the Apache!I hate that flying bus hind!

Anyway i voted for Sf becuase of the tear gas,ziplines and Grappling hooks.i think it adds more strategy to the game.
no I mean HIND. i love it
omg the HIND is so slow and cumbersome....as jord said, its like a flying bus!!!

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-04-24 14:36:48)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
HM1{N}
+86|6655|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

K1OVERDOSE wrote:

My Machine runs BF2 like a freaking dream.  Some reason, even with a ping of 30 the LAG on BFSF is groosum.  Even when I'm away from the action as a sniper, a choper could fly right over me and as he passes I notice the CH-CH-CHOPPPNESSSS of LAG. That Bits!!!  So, my Vote, BF2.....
I have mostly played SF, but last night I noticed the same thing after playing vanilla BF2 for a while.  SF really lags, something which seems to be new since the last 2 patches.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6660|South Korea.

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

And all that jazz...
Well said, I bet you dont know theres a forklift as well X-)

luckybaer wrote:

I like maps from both, but I like SF a little better.

Heaven for me would be a rota of Karkand, Sharqi, Mashtuur, Warlord, Ghost Town, Night Flight, and Devil's Perch.
Aparently in the next patch, you can switch between expansions without crashing, so who knows, maybe your dream will come true!

haffeysucks wrote:

omg the HIND is so slow and cumbersome....as jord said, its like a flying bus!!!
It's not, it's the most awesome and maneuvarable attack chopper in the game, and it can fly horizontaly which some people seem to forget. It's only downsides is its piss poor chain gun and the fact the tv missile is reallllyyy low and the pilot has to raise the nose so high to give the gunner a clean shot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Forces is seriously underated, no one tries to play it, I on the other hand, love it. I'm about 4 hours away before the Spetz will be my fave army and a bit later than that, like 10 hours? The Ghost Town map will be my favourite map. I like the russian maps alot because the Spetz have the coolest skins in the game. And anyway the great thing about SF is when you play for a badge, you can get two at once! The armies are cool but there just aint enough maps, and they left out a Chinese SF army, and its more infantry based so Jet/Tank/Apc whores hate it. Small things like that make it less popular, and they hardly update it either, you still cant use tier 2/3 unlocks. Its a great game for infantry. Also, it is realy fun to use Grapple Hooks and Tear Gas, and Warlord is just as popular as Karkand, If I were in charge of Special Forces, I would make more maps for the already existing armies and include a new Chinese SF army, and I would make a level with jets, only one though, with stealth bombers or something. Then I would fix the bugs with desktop crashes.

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-04-27 01:32:29)

FirePhoenix
+18|6650|hamilton, scotland
i only liek vanilla more cause there are only about 30 servers playing sf and warlord lags all the dam time
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
I agree with you C1. Just the other day I got bored silly doing the same thing on Karkand everytime you go to vBF2 its the same..to me. My favorite map is Warlord, if you can't get badges at the Palace then you are smoking Mary Jane while playing too much. Warlord surpassed Karkand on my favorites, Insurgents I need only 45 hours until the medal. Yes folks, Im a born again SF person. I think alot of people are in that comfort zone, or box rather; they don't want to try new things, as a pure factor lies within Euro Forces (another thread). vBF2 has, unfortunately, become a Flight Simulator imho; exceptions for Karkand which became a repetitive same ole, same ole -- all about points and nothing about fun factor, Karkand has become the Mario Bros -- just hopping around and jumping on enemies.  As many of you already know -- I have found a new rotation that I enjoy; the Night Maps. The other night I laughed so hard I had  tears  coming down and I had to pee; how many times can you run over someone with a forklift, or drive your raider so fast and take a wrong turn to end up in the drink. It puts a whole new perspective in playing, that's for sure. The problem is that to see the real beauty in the map someone has to throw a flashbang....

Ziplines and Grapple hook were meant for the night maps, now that I see that. You have to be very aware of your surroundings!

Last edited by imdead (2006-04-27 01:38:27)

BulletStorm.fin
+1|6646|Finland-->Kymi-->Kotka
"Vanilla" is better because of Euro Force and Armored Fury
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6743|Germany, near Koblenz
Still SF! Better maps and less freaks there. And even another poll can't change my mind.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas
It's biased having this topic in BF2:SF, you'll get a higher percentage of SF votes because more sf-lovers will look in here than vanilla-lovers.

I voted BF2. More Maps, less lag.
Hooten-Delta
+2|6511
Well I mostly play Assault so it's a no brainer...SF rules. I can't stand using my G3 on vanilla. No flashbangs, just one useless smoke grenade and no grappling hook... boring as hell.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6520|Minnesota eh
there is alot more competion on SF than in vanilla, i get many golds in vanilla but in SF i get alot  less, but i like the competion, vanilla is like single player, all u do is kill all in ur path
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6689|Middle of nowhere
SF, MASS DESTRUCTION FTW!!!!

too bad i only have vanilla *tear*, damn parents...
KO
Banned
+31|6554|New Jersey
Teargas..need i say anymore?
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6542
AF and SF. Vanilla is meh. I like the stuff in SF. ATV's Jetskies choppers and so on. AF for A10's and LITTLE BIRDS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard