Nipr.[net]
+0|6767|Robins AFB, GA
Does anyone have a complete list of the new weapons?  That's one of my biggest concerns before picking up the game...I really don't want to get it and all the weapons be lame as hell.  Thanks!
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6771|Oregon, USA
its on the official ea. but for some reason they say that the weapons that are normal on the game are unlocks? im confused.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6795
Okay off the top of my head from what I can remember G36E for medic, longer barrelled gun with single or burst fire.
MG36 for support, 100 round drum magazine, and get this, full auto and burst fire.
MP7 automatic and semi auto machine pistol for engineer
F2000 assault rifle for assault class, also has grenade launcher.

The new spec ops weapon is like the M4 and the G36 combined, it has the oh so loveable red dot scope.

EDIT:

77thMEU|Christensen wrote:

its on the official ea. but for some reason they say that the weapons that are normal on the game are unlocks? im confused.
Just saw that, and if I think I understand you correctly what it means is that you have to have the battlefield 2 kit unlocks in the first place in order to unlock the new kit weapons.  I hope that helps.

Last edited by Paladus902 (2005-11-23 10:25:31)

Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6771|Oregon, USA
no thats not what i meant when i said i was confused. i meant, people have told me that the weapons you unlock in bf2 (f2000, g36e, etc.) are not unlocks in sf. they said they are base guns, that you get automatically (like the m16a2 in bf2)  anyone know anything about this?
LTD_SpikE
+0|6774
If i understand it right, the new weapons in SF are unlocks for BF2.  So you can use the new medic weapon from SF in BF2.
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6771|Oregon, USA
hmm ok. someone told me the fact i posted up there. i didnt know, and i wont officially until i get the game. which hopefully will be today.
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6795

77thMEU|Christensen wrote:

no thats not what i meant when i said i was confused. i meant, people have told me that the weapons you unlock in bf2 (f2000, g36e, etc.) are not unlocks in sf. they said they are base guns, that you get automatically (like the m16a2 in bf2)  anyone know anything about this?
A hahaha! Okay now this I can help with, supposedly yes, some of the weapons are in the game already in SF, but to use them in BF2 or for all of the armies you have to unlock them.  The SAS faction have most of the H&K G36 family, but there are subtle differences to them, like the MG36 has a greater ammo capacity I believe, but Im not sure.  However, TBH, I would get them as unlocks as they are pretty nifty for what they do.
Buzerk1
+44|6846
See the 1.12 patch info:

Scar-L for Spec Ops
G36E for Medic
F2000 (w/ grenade launcher) for Assault
MP7 for Engineer
MG36 for Support

I have unlock all but the MP7...
=DBD=TITAN126
+5|6792
How do you unlock them in special forces? Just play as that kit?
YourFavoriteWookiee
+0|6840|Denmark

=DBD=TITAN126 wrote:

How do you unlock them in special forces? Just play as that kit?
I was wondering that too?
How does it work?
Do you get the same amount of unlocks in SP as your rank in BF2 permits?
Or do you get new ranks in SF?
Or new ways of unlocking?
Im confused .....
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6771|Oregon, USA
it is very confusing to me as well. im hoping to figure it out as soon as i get the game
woof
+0|6847
The new weapons are standard kit depending on which army you are playing (SEALs, SAS).  What is odd, is that the IF, Rebels, etc. seem screwed because they can only run around with the original weapons and unlocks and none of the new SF weapons.  Very odd.
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6771|Oregon, USA
i kinda hoped so...(the pistol accuracy thing) because in some cases the pistol was more accurate than that danged sniper rifle.
Operator_Stavros
+3|6746
So no new sniper unlocks? kinda dissapponting.  Looks like they took away the ghillie suit, which was a big advantage for the sniper since I could get by unnoticed very often.  Now You have to resort to running around with a zip line...

Now without a ghillie the sniper role is more of a designated marksman.  They should have an unlock for a semi auto decent accuracy rifle to fit this role, like a Scoped M14, PSG1, MSG90, G3SG1, etc list goes on. 

Something like the MEC or Chinese guns with either 2 shot kill and same crappy recoil modfier, or 3 shot kill and better recoil.   

Now your stuck with bolt guns and no camo versus scoped carbines, and heavy hitting assult rifles.  Seems nice and balanced...

An MP7 unlock instead of a pistol would be nice too, but I digress.
Fearnight
+0|6745

woof wrote:

The new weapons are standard kit depending on which army you are playing (SEALs, SAS).  What is odd, is that the IF, Rebels, etc. seem screwed because they can only run around with the original weapons and unlocks and none of the new SF weapons.  Very odd.
Yep, thats a load of crap right there. I unlocked the G36E for medic yet I can only choose the base gun or L85 in Special Forces. Seems the new SF unlocks are for vanilla BF2 only (unless you play SAS ... sigh).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard