Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6740|Reality
It as already been proposed that there should be some sort of super commander kit. But we need commanders who will actually spend 90% of their time commanding and not fixing things etc..

My take would be the following:

You get the Commander kit in the usually manner, ie by clicking the button. Awarded based on rank.

-The Commander Kit consists of a Deagle and Knife. Period.
-Enter a vehicule and access to the command screen is denied.
-Enter a stationary weapon and access to the command screen denied. (Or maybe instead have a 10 second timer akin to the out-of-bounds timer and he/she dies) (<---the more i think about it I like this idea beter)
-Pickup someone's kit and you relinquish command. Need to apply again.
-When you die no one can take your kit.

Explanations:

Whenever a commander does something from the list above: repair, heal, resupply, kill, capture he/she gives away points. The point of commanding is to get your team to do the work for you.
The timer would allow the commander to defend as a last resort but not abuse the stat system.
He/she would actually have to command.
A commander kit would not allow abuse of the stat system wrt getting badges for arty kills for example.

The above is never gonna happen but what the hey. Maybe they should reset everyone's stats and start over
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
specxops
Banned
+18|6647|Boca Raton,Florida
How about no????
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6509
thats the shitiest idea ever
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6729|Germany, near Koblenz
No!

Allthough I agree that commanders should (only) command, there a quite a lot of circumstances where I need a standard kit. To be consequent, your type of commander should be completely out of the scene (no normal actions at all but also invulnerable).
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
I would be all for that, but instead of having just one commander kit, BF2 should have unlockable kits for players with a certain timew/kit:timeplayed ratio. 

For example, once a player has 200-300 hours of commanding, the commander kit would be unlocked for them.

There could also be combo kits, like combining the Sniper and Spec-Ops once you have a certain amount of time played with both kits combined.  (standard weapon would be a choice between the M21, or M4w/silencer.  Secondary weapon would be a silenced pistol, and third weapon would be a choice between C4, claymores, or M203 for the M4).

Assault and Spec-Ops would have a choice between the M16A2, and the M4.  The M16A2 could have a scope, or the M203, and the M4 could have a silencer, or an M203.

Think of all the combinations.... there'd be..... at least 42 new kits (one kit plus a combo with every other kit 1x6=6 7 kits 6x7 = 42) plus a few more, like a pilot kit.  Maybe a pilot like the one in SW Battlefront 2 where he could heal himself while in flight.  Boy, that'd be cool

Sadly, none of our ideas will ever go anywhere.
bigp66
+63|6545|memphfrica-memphis,TN
that is retarded
where is the neg. 1 when you need it

Last edited by bigp66 (2006-07-28 11:08:01)

Ryker
+13|6501

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

Amen. Its a useless idea.
TXVeteran512
+16|6489
wonder what hes smoking
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6492|London, UK

Spearhead wrote:

There could also be combo kits, like combining the Sniper and Spec-Ops once you have a certain amount of time played with both kits combined.  (standard weapon would be a choice between the M21, or M4w/silencer.  Secondary weapon would be a silenced pistol, and third weapon would be a choice between C4, claymores, or M203 for the M4)
Maybe You and DICE think along the same lines, cos thats what they're doin; combining the kits together. They did that with Sniper and Spec-Ops, and called it Recon.....

Stop me if you know all this..
Altophish
+8|6497
I like the principle, but in reality even the commander has to get his hands dirty sometimes.

The problem isn't always the commander either.  I can't even count the number of times during command that orders go unanswered or out right rejected.  If squad leaders/members would follow orders, if everyone would join squads, balance the kits being used,  play as team. etc.  In other words, if everyone acted like they were really in the military while playing the game, the commander could spend all of his time commanding instead of picking up the slack.

Everyone on a map is responsable for allowing a commander to be able to command.

I'm not an expert, but that's the way I see it.
Wicked_Wumpus
+7|6487|Ann Arbor, MI
To alleviate most of the commander problems with stat padding or riding around in vehicles the commander could take a more removed role in the battle. 

When you accept the commander position your soldier would dissapear from the playing field and you would be forced to view all actions from the commander screen.  Commanders would be forced to pay attention to whats going on with the team instead of flying off in a jet and doing absolutely nothing for the team.  If you don't like being forced to look at the commander screen then don't command. 

If you want to fly then f'in fly but don't try to command and do it at the same time.
JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6514|Plano,Texas
let them have a kit but make it so they die if they get in a vec,plane,chooper etc.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6750

Stubbee wrote:

I hate most of your ideas, but this one is intruiging.

You misspelled "Beagle", and I would argue the Commander should get something more viscious, like a German Shepherd.  If he had a dog, we'd always be able to spot him.  As a weapon, the CO would simply point his reticule at enemy and click the mouse button, which would let go of the leash and the dog would attack.

If he had his head in the Commander screen, he should be able to drop the dog with parachute.  Dropping a car on a sniper's head isn't as much fun as dropping a Doberman on his ass.  Guys on both teams would stop to watch the show.

Someone should start a petition.
Bjenkins_X_123
+11|6492|London, UK

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

You misspelled "Beagle", and I would argue the Commander should get something more viscious, like a German Shepherd.
Maybe he was trying to write shorthand Desert Eagle (Deagle)?
Tho I do like this guard dog idea too, something to attack any enemy who tries to sneak up and knife a commander gets a faceful of dog trying to chew their faces off!
Wicked_Wumpus
+7|6487|Ann Arbor, MI

Bjenkins_X_123 wrote:

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

You misspelled "Beagle", and I would argue the Commander should get something more viscious, like a German Shepherd.
Maybe he was trying to write shorthand Desert Eagle (Deagle)?
Tho I do like this guard dog idea too, something to attack any enemy who tries to sneak up and knife a commander gets a faceful of dog trying to chew their faces off!
Sarcasm, in my opinion is one of the funniest forms of humor.  Unfortunately it is lost on some people.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6581|England

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

Ben>You
+90|6523

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA
idk, i kinda like it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6712|USA
Did you say you want to give commanders a beagle? Why would a commander need a damn dog? Being sarcastic!
Wicked_Wumpus
+7|6487|Ann Arbor, MI

SFCCDailey wrote:

Did you say you want to give commanders a beagle? Why would a commander need a damn dog? Being sarcastic!
Because a dog is a mans best friend!
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6676|Denver, CO

specxops wrote:

How about no????

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

DerGraueWolf wrote:

No!

... there a quite a lot of circumstances where I need a standard kit. To be consequent, your type of commander should be completely out of the scene (no normal actions at all but also invulnerable).

bigp66 wrote:

that is retarded
where is the neg. 1 when you need it
Wicked_Wumpus
+7|6487|Ann Arbor, MI

SFCCDailey wrote:

Because a dog is a mans best friend!
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6676|Denver, CO

Stubbee wrote:

Maybe they should reset everyone's stats and start over
this is the best idea in your whole post... except i would change 'everyone' to Stubbee.... that would be fantastic
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

How is it a shit idea? Everybody is flaming it, yet saying nothing as to why. Please elaborate as to exactly how this is a bad idea. Maybe its because you all earn your badges with arty kills and cant imagine doing it without arty?

I think that the idea is actually pretty good, especially the one about the out of bounds thing whilst on a stationary weapon. You are making the commander actually command. And that would be a first for the game. Im sick of worthless commanders who just sit in a tank removing your teams ability to use it against the enemy - and then not doing nothing but the odd UAV, arty strikes and continuous cartillery. Let alone those who try to fly helis or jets at the same time and then tell you to attack your most important flags because he didnt spot that enemy BH on the way around to take it.

However, there are times when, as commander, you need to help your team and take a flag or two (especially in 8v8 on 64size maps, such as Zatar or Dragon Valley). That is the only foreseeable problem with it, from my POV.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6803|Orlando, FL - Age 43
My only response is that in every effort to improve gameplay, as many bugs have been introduced as fixes...so I say no as well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard