Fahrenheit
+0|6802

elite wrote:

im 17 from the uk, so i dont know much, but one thing i do know, 1 million people on benefits, thats 7 billion pounds for people who sit on their sofa eating pies all day.
yes ur right on the first count ....you dont know much!! wrong on the second count : im on benefits and i dont sit on my sofa all day eating pies!!! salad or some other semi healthy food or whatever i can afford on my benefits...in between bringing my kids up on my own working part time and studying at Uni....but hell with an attitude like yours i may as well say fuck it and sit on my ass and let you do the work to pay for my lifestyle! see ya online when u aint working cos ur moneys paying for my broadband!!!..and that leads to the problem with the UK...too many arogant, ignorant, we know it all bullshitters who have never lived but have an opinion on everyone elses life..yes we have a hard core of lazy twats who will never get off their "sofas"...but then there are a lot of us who never benefitted from a good education system prior to 1989...and had to live through the thatcher years!!!..working pissant jobs for pisspoor pay till we could afford a decent education to get a decent job...and guess what ....since i had to give up my job and claim benefits ive been able to afford a good education cos i dont have to pay for it!!!...no sofa...no pies...just good old hard work  (with a bit of bf2 in between)...the main problem with the UK is the government they are so out of touch with the people who live in England...second thing is peoples attitudes (and im no exception)...the young think they know it all and the old are sick of doing it all and im somwhere in the middle fed up with both sides...fuck what everyone else is doing and just get on with your own life...if you can help someone on the way good!!!
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6711

Friluftshund wrote:

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Friluftshund wrote:

What?!! You'r supposed to read other people's posts?

Damn, I must be slipping...

No need to read that shit - just had to get it of my chest, and you guys got to be my barf-bag... enjoy...
I dont read anything if its too long much to lazy nah you can barf on americans not me.
You don't have to read all at once - divvy it up and take a few sentences at a time...

Swedes are vikings too FYI
Yep i know i like Viking they were cool but that was along time ago the people there dont look tough like they did back then.

But the girls still look nice
parthian1000
+8|6684|The Barbary Coast
UK:

1.  The obsession with individual rights and the disregard of individual responsibility.
2.  The increasing dominance of American "culture" - there's an oxymoron for you!
3.  The inability to discuss important issues without resorting to calling your opponent a racist/facist/communist/terrorist and thus turning a deaf ear to their opinion.
4.  The growing underclass - aka chavs, townies, charvers - whatever name you use.  They're not the working class - by definition a working class has to "work" - I'm from a working class family and I object to the label being applied to them.  They are a criminally inclined sub-class that are the social equivalent of remoras or ticks.
5.  As a corrollary to 4, any part of society that is not making a positive contribution to it.  This does include some elements of immigrant communities but not exclusively.  As a nation we have a wide range of skills shortages that need to be filled by enthusiatic immigrants willing to be part of the UK.  We don't need any feuding tribes from Africa, drugs and sex traffickers from eastern europe or war criminals from the balkans.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6582|Hungary

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

my problems with Hungary:

-out of control government
-corruption could hit the sky
-the attitude people doing things(ignorant,grumpy,rude)
-we are making the lives of minorities too easy
-absolutely zero respect and love for our own country
-the two main polititcal parties are doin nothing but throwing crap at each other
-the condition of roads/highways

nothing else i can think of...
but yes!
the 98 octane fuel costs about 1.3 euros/liter
Same here.....the government sux at all...we need a revolution.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6651|IRELAND

Northern Ireland
Shit were do I start. A good way for anyone to hear how crazy the ppl in this country are should go to www.bbc.co.uk/radioulster between 12-1.30pm GMT weekdays for Talkback. A phone in radio show that is just full of bigoted ppl phoning in arguing. It will give you an idea of how we live here.
-Polarized society. The country is essentially split in to. 49% liberal nationalists, 49% liberal unionists who want to get on with their lives. 1% hard line nationalists, 1% hard line unionists. Unfortunately its the 2% of the population that seam to be in control of its direction by hanging the threat  of the return to violence.
-Flags and colors.  The whole country looks like a fun fair. Like dogs pissing on lamp post to mark their territory the two sides of the community erect flags on lamp posts, either British or Irish to show what section of the community lives in the area and warning off ppl from the opposite side, again polarizing our community.
-Lack of support of integrated education.  In my mind children who go to a Catholic School or Protestant schools are immediately aware that their is something different with the kids in the school across the road and it just builds from there. Only 0.5% of kids in NI are in integrated education. Our local Integrated primary school shut down this year because the government would not fund it, which leads me to........
-Government/politicians.  The government is also segregated and split down the middle like the rest of our society. Each looking out for their own religious section of the community and doing nothing for the development or greater good of the country because it will help the other half. The unionist politicians want to keep the union with Britain so it is better for them to keep Unionists suspicious of nationalist's motivation and Vis versa.
Paramilitaries- Have been holding the country to ransom for 30 odd years and are pandered to now by government, receiving millions of pounds from the British government because they are supposed to be deactivated and therefore cant extort and rob with impunity anymore. So they get millions in tax payers money, thinly disguised as Ex Prisoner centers and community projects. They are essentially paying them to stop being criminals.
Ian Paisley- I think that this man is responsible for whipping up allot of hatred over the years. He has convinced the protestant people that they are under siege from the republic of Ireland and England, giving them the mentality of a ppl under threat. He has demonized the republic and catholics, (calling the pope many times the anti christ and his followers, half the population, devil worshipers). The republic has now and always had had lots of protestant ppl living quite happy as Irishmen in Ireland. Infact one of the early uprisings against the english by the united irishmen was lead by a protestant. Paisley started his own church, the free Presbyterians, his own Orange order, the free orange order and at one time his own personal army, the red caps. He is now the leader of the largest political party in Northern Ireland and will be head of our government, if Britain grants us home rule again. He refuses to talk to Sinn Fein, the largest nationalist party because the used to be aligned with the IRA who have now disbanded, saying he will not sit down with terrorists. Yet he sits on numerous committees and bodies with Unionist paramilitaries. Their is no hope with such a religious zealot at the helm, and this country will not move until he has retired. In saying that I have equally as much respect for our other poloticians on both sides for various reason.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-07-28 04:46:30)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6655|Finland

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

Tyferra wrote:

We let "Schnappi das Kliene Krokodil" into our music scene, and that's the most evil thing to come out of Germany in the last sixty years!
ROFLROFLROFL
I didnt know the Krokodil could become famous in other countries too. This was our attempt to brainwash the whole world!!!!! We couldnt conquer the world in the last 2 attempts so we used a more subtle method this time.
SCHNAPPI IS GOING TO SCHNAPP YOU ALL!! GIVE UP!!
Schnii Schnaa Schnappi, Schnappi Schnappi Schnappi..

Damn you for putting that song in my head! Damn you all!! 
I need around tree fiddy.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6816

parthian1000 wrote:

UK:

1.  The obsession with individual rights and the disregard of individual responsibility.
2.  The increasing dominance of American "culture" - there's an oxymoron for you!
3.  The inability to discuss important issues without resorting to calling your opponent a racist/facist/communist/terrorist and thus turning a deaf ear to their opinion.
4.  The growing underclass - aka chavs, townies, charvers - whatever name you use.  They're not the working class - by definition a working class has to "work" - I'm from a working class family and I object to the label being applied to them.  They are a criminally inclined sub-class that are the social equivalent of remoras or ticks.
5.  As a corrollary to 4, any part of society that is not making a positive contribution to it.  This does include some elements of immigrant communities but not exclusively.  As a nation we have a wide range of skills shortages that need to be filled by enthusiatic immigrants willing to be part of the UK.  We don't need any feuding tribes from Africa, drugs and sex traffickers from eastern europe or war criminals from the balkans.
Agreed.  As to the person who previously said they were on benefits but weren't a loafer, good on you.  However, where I live in East Leeds, there are a lot of loafers who sit around and just drink beer/cider for the most part of the day.   They aren't looking for work, they aren't doing themselves any favours, they just fuck and make kids so they can live off the benefit.  And their kids, they see how much their parents can sponge off the state and they do the same.

6.  I don't know where this comes from, probably an off-shoot from 4, but people's refusal to accept authority and authority figures.  People don't respect teachers, the police, etc. anymore.
BVC
+325|6719
28, from New Zealand.

Our public health system could be better, and a bigger military would be nice...that said they don't completely suck either.  Oh and our wages aren't as high as they could be.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6816

Tyferra wrote:

Fuck Caterbury draught, and Ranfurly draught. Go Speights and Tui, (and Montieths -  best NZ beer.)

It needed to be said.

Okay okay, real problem with NZ, (kinda.)
I am deeply concerned for the fate of New Zealanders' music tastes. i'm not concerned about those who write the music, we have the best but most unreckognised talent, (Shihad, Dimmer, Fat Freddy's Drop, The Black Seeds, Shapeshifter, Steriogram, The D4 and Pluto to name a very few that you probably havn't heard of.) But the people who listen to the music are what's worrying me.

Only a nation of complete idiots could let "Crazy Frog" stay at number one for so long. We let "Schnappi das Kliene Krokodil" into our music scene, and that's the most evil thing to come out of Germany in the last sixty years! I watch a lot of music television, Juice TV and C4 are awesome, especially C4's Homegrown, looking at Kiwi artists, (I now know why Shihad's Fish album had so many weird noises in the background of it, Amsterdam, I blame you.)

But when it comes time for the countdowns, I am shocked and appalled.

Crazy Frog, that FUCKING CVRAZY FROG!! I WILL KILL THAT FUCKING BITCH CRAZY FROG!!!

So basicly, I think New Zealand has a problem when it comes to reckognising good music. I blame the pre-teens that fuck up our music countdowns.
It could be worse.  At least NZ and the UK don't have the Hoff in our music charts.  I'd kill myself (actually I wouldn't) if he got it.  I'll take Crazy Frog any day over him.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6651|IRELAND

aardfrith wrote:

parthian1000 wrote:

UK:

Agreed.  As to the person who previously said they were on benefits but weren't a loafer, good on you.  However, where I live in East Leeds, there are a lot of loafers who sit around and just drink beer/cider for the most part of the day.   They aren't looking for work, they aren't doing themselves any favours, they just fuck and make kids so they can live off the benefit.  And their kids, they see how much their parents can sponge off the state and they do the same.

6.  I don't know where this comes from, probably an off-shoot from 4, but people's refusal to accept authority and authority figures.  People don't respect teachers, the police, etc. anymore.
I have a good friend who lives here now from Ilkelly (don't know if thats spelled right) when we do the Irish English slagging each other thing, he calls me a paddy etc I call him an English whatever, he retorts with, "I'm not from england, I'm from Yorkshire." (changed his tune when England won the rugby world cup) Apparently, according to him there was a YRA (Yorkshire Republican Army) at one time, or is he just winding me up?

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-07-28 04:57:28)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6553

bush, thats whats messed up with US
Sea_JayUK
+19|6546|Notts

KaFuRaX wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

there arent enough docktors in Canada , but the forgeiners are good, they take all the crapy jobs, also the price of gas is to high, its like 98 cents a liter.
look here in holland the price is around 1,30 a liter!!!!!
UK = £1 a litre... thats 1,80 cents
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6617|Las Vegas, NV USA
Damn, there's already a bunch of US posts, but....

It'd be nice if we can make a decision and stick with it.  Sometimes, I wonder if our entire population suffers from ADHD.  Too many decisions are based upon what is popular with public opinion (world or local), especially anything that'll:  1.)  Take too long.  2.) Cause too many casualties.  3.) Cost too much. 4.) Makes us look bad.
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6591

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

Is it true U.K is filled and flooded with packies? I agree about U.K having bad weather seems its always damp and always raining although i've never been there (i want too but im poor) they have real sexy girls
You're joking.

Half of the people here are obese. It's sickening. Seeing some of these girls walk is like watching two elephant seals mate.
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6608|Hamburg / Germany

KaFuRaX wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

there arent enough docktors in Canada , but the forgeiners are good, they take all the crapy jobs, also the price of gas is to high, its like 98 cents a liter.
look here in holland the price is around 1,30 a liter!!!!!
I've seem 1,48 € / liter yesterday! Hamburg / Germany
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6767|Germany
veeery high oil prices (1,38€ per liter), 5 million workless (or more) at 83 million people here, stupid politicians who try to ban "killerspiele" (killer-pc games -.-), no chances to get rich here -.-, huge companies like siemens are goin out of germany, and many many more -.- nothings good at the moment

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard