Y-D-Donut?
Want glazed or chocolate?
+2|6643|Puerto Rico

sfg-Ice__ wrote:

OK fellas, I spent 8 years in the Navy.  The majority of the time on a sub.  Like many others before there are things I've seen and heard that i wish i haven't but here is my spin on things.
What kind of sub? If a nuclear one, how many Tridents you guys carry? Just to clear a question I had at the start of the thread.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6655
Tridents we carry?  LOL sit back boyz here is subs 101.

Currently there are 2 base classes of active submarines used in the US navy.  Fast attack submarines and Tridents...or boomers..  Boomers are those boats which carry intercontinental blastic missles that could pretty much hit any target they want from homeport but for some reason other countries respect the fact that they could be anywhere (mostly cuz you don't know where they are and by the time first strike comes around the missles are all ready on target before a retalitory strike can respond).  Can't tell you how many they carry. 

Now, I was on a fast attack sub.  It is illegal by international treaty to carry nuclear weapons on fast attack class submarines so you won;t find anything there.  But we can fire tomahawks, torpedos, etc.  Can you believe that the majority of Missles that landed in iraq during the first days where from subs.....

Currently the US only has one deisel sub and its more of a memento than useful.  The other sub we have is NR-1, a scientific research vessel:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/nr-1.htm

There are differant types of submarines within each class but I won't go there right now.  Hope that helps.  BTW if I ignore any questions don't  ask em again.  Somethings I won't tell you.
sfg-Ice__
+4|6655
I just came from the religion topic and I think I have changed my tune.  While I think a battle with China is unavoidable, the next WW3 could quite possibly be between islamic nations and its allies against the rest of the world....  I can see that really happening
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont
Ummmmm.  I hope that there won't be one.  In this day and age war in general is pretty pointless most of the time.
Hessy<diablo>
+0|6661
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6654

DesertSessions wrote:

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

EDIT *SNIP*
This is exactly why I hate it when foreigners talk about the United States thinking that they actually know what the hell is going on.  They don't.

It's true that the Patriot Act took away some of our freedoms, but what you don't realize is that this is the way it was before the Patriot Act.  With a little time and some court orders, you could do the same thing that the Patriot Act does without it.  The odds of actually having something done to a US citizen through the Patriot Act is astronomical.  Contrary to what you see on the news, incidents of people having private property seized, or conversations over e-mail or telephone monitored, hardly ever occur.  The other funny thing is, the only people that bitch about it are the ones that don't have to worry about anything.  Honestly, only the people that fit the stereotype of terrorists are monitored.  Even then, most are dropped and forgotten after very little time being monitored.  BTW, that quote, is Ben Franklin.  We aren't all dumbasses.

Now back to the topic.  I myself am a national security analyst in my spare time.  I was actually asked to write for worldthreats.com.  With all honesty, I seriously believe that WWIII will involved the US and China.  There are a number of factors that could trigger one, many being listed here, such as North Korea and Taiwan.  But others do exist.  For one, the CIA has known for years that China is selling missile secrets to Pakistan and is helping build missile facilities in Pakistan.  Another motive, as much as I don't like to admit it, is economical.  China is starting an economic race with us, fueled by low labor costs which is in turn fueled by loose labor laws.  To combat this problem, the US has started an arms race with China.  Truthfully, we've already been at war with China for the last few decades.  The United States has been continuing with new arms contracts even though are most advanced enemy, the Soviet Union, has already been defeated.  Seriously though, do we really still need stealth aircrafts to blow up caves that Osama might be hiding in?  No.  We're preparing for a much bigger air threat, such as that of Red China.  (As a side note, China does not have the capability to attack the continental US with a nuclear warhead, but they are developing a new missile, the Dong Feng or "East Wind", that will be able to hit cities like LA and Seattle, but not much further.)

If this war ever did turn hot, I believe China would be the main enemy joined with the rest of Communist Asia.  Some countries, such as all the Islamic countries we haven't invaved yet, will take advantage of the situation and side with China.  The allies would consist mostly of the US, Europe, the rest of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.  Russia could go either way, but will most likely side with the US.

As another side note, downtown Hong Kong would make an awesome addition to BF2 as a map.
Thank you for proving my point.

The whole court orders thing?

It's called checks and balances, a sure sign of a healthy democratic nation. Because there are guaranteed to be people who abuse the system.
I suppose all those muslim groups in America (who've found out they've been snooped on) aren't real Americans eh? Or the thousands (yes thousands) who've been detained indefinitely or detained without court order must all be evil guilty terrorists too.

Communist Asia? China, North Korea, Vietnam and Laos. Yep, lots of communism there. The only major player there is China and that's barely communist nowadays.

Worldthreats.com? Give me a shout when you report for something respectable like Janes.

~ Evil Monkey Foreigner

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-03-02 02:44:46)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
something over Israel no doubt like most of the recent wars
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada
China has close to 1 million ppl in their infantry, the US has how many?, 1/4 million?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Then again, the US has incredible intelligence. Their actual 'war machine' (eg their fancy tanks/planes/ships/missles) doesn't have as much impact as its intelligence. Although, even then, it can still be beaten (as a US general showed in a war game, testing the new intel system)

BTW, there are those (including a whole department at my school. The one that deals with ethics + politics) who believe the age of a 'military solution' is long gone.

Last edited by Spark (2006-03-06 21:15:56)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6643|Puerto Rico

destruktion_6143 wrote:

China has close to 1 million ppl in their infantry, the US has how many?, 1/4 million?
Yes , china has lots more infantry, but that doesnt mean anything. As the guy said before me, we got intel, thats a BiG advantage.
herrr_smity
+156|6630|space command ur anus

Y-D-Donut? wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Yes , china has lots more infantry, but that doesnt mean anything. As the guy said before me, we got intel, thats a BiG advantage.
true but china is building there armed forces stronger every day. they just recently made a 15% increase to there military spending.
to think that thy are a any weaker then the US is a big mistake.
and there intel will probably become as good as the US intel
Y-D-Donut?
+2|6643|Puerto Rico
true... underestimating enemy is a big mistake... but US intel is far more good. They don't have "stuff"...
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
Thre will be a religious war in the middle east and israel.
Also another big enemey for USA is the Chinees PLA.They are getting bigger and stronger.
North Korea is another problem in the far east.
Schlusi=[GER]
+11|6523|4856 Karkand,Hellstreet 4
oh oh oh Guys... no WW without the Germans!
5peedy
+27|6601|the Faroe Islands

Schlusi=[GER] wrote:

oh oh oh Guys... no WW without the Germans!
lol, it's gonna be weird, the germans will most likely be on the allied side when the WWIII starts...

if north korea and china attacked the states, i think you americans would be fucked... nice thing i'm from a small country nobody knows, lol...
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6588
I don't think that China would attack the west. China is only getting far bigger and richer country because of the west. The west buys most of the chinese goods. That makes money for China. China overall depends on the West so why would it attack it. As in the Middle East and North Korea , the middle east is an uncertain part of the world nobody really knows what is happening. Iran might have nuclear weapons we don't know , Iraq is not a nice place and is an Insurgent place and as with Israel it should destroy Helzbollah. But a the next war will be another war in the middle east and now Europe is aslo getting stronger and is a new US Ally.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

(SGS)Pvt.Kosak wrote:

I don't think that China would attack the west. China is only getting far bigger and richer country because of the west. The west buys most of the chinese goods. That makes money for China. China overall depends on the West so why would it attack it. As in the Middle East and North Korea , the middle east is an uncertain part of the world nobody really knows what is happening. Iran might have nuclear weapons we don't know , Iraq is not a nice place and is an Insurgent place and as with Israel it should destroy Helzbollah. But a the next war will be another war in the middle east and now Europe is aslo getting stronger and is a new US Ally.
Damn Straight - The US owes China trillions of dollars in loans. I'm sure China want their money back - as well as selling to lucrative western markets. But if the US hold out on repayments, maybe they'll come and repossess America?

There will be no World War in the middle east (although there probably will be lots of conflicts) - it wouldn't be a big enough contest, the US, Europe and Israel vs the Middle East would be a laughable conflict. Think what happened in Iraq, think about the 6 day war. It would be over in weeks, not years.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-07-28 05:43:04)

Pvt.Kosak
+125|6588
Good Point..
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
rofl, the retards calling this WW3 fail to realize this has been going on for 100 years, and for that matter, since the begining of time.  The Iraq insurgency is hardly an insurgency against America, it's against the occupation of their country. 

If this was indeed WW3, terrorists would be bombing America almost daily, similar to the bombing of London back in WW2.

60 million died in WW2.  Calling this WW3 is a joke and quite frankly an insult to the veterans who fought in WW2 and WW1

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-28 09:30:28)

RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6570|Oxford

fmleadslinger wrote:

ww3 has already started in case u havent noticed! no one calls  it that yet but whats going on around the world is a world war
Exactly..

And wouldn't a world war invole everyone?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
when every major power is fighting.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
drug_dealer111
+44|6563|Team America!!!
first came little boy...then fat man...and now comes....ANGREY TEENAGER...dropping over a mosque near them
ozzi92
+2|6707
i recon that if all of Asia main countries like China Japan north Korea and south Korea (if they get over each other) like become one and have peace we will see a WW3 between them and USA, UK Australia etc. and then the Arabs will join the war because they love puring gasoline on the fire question is what will happen probably the end of the world so i really doubt there will be a WW3 but if there was does countries will be involved. O and Sweden will be a natural again and sell chocolate yummmmm.
I think WW2 has taught the world that if we are to fight each other we will all end up dying to each other, and then no one wins, except the monkeys they will rule the world wouldn't the be cool .
Here's a saying for all of u.
"those that chose to ignore history are bound to repeat it"
SO DONT FORGET WW2 AND ALL THE PEOPLE THAT DIED IN IT AND MAKE SURE UR CHILDREN DONT FORGET AND THEIR CHILDREN AND THEN THERE WON'T BE A WW3.
Natte
+12|6526|Sweden
I don´t reallly care, I live in Sweden and we´re going to sell our old weapons to other countries and be neutral as we always do...
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6657|United States of America
Asia/Middle East vs the Western World.  Western World will win 21-13.  I predict that the WTO allowing Mexico to patend the Taco will spark this epic battle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard