Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6676|Moscow, Russia
Still no reply from Mr RoE. And I really wanna hear him tell us HOW come he is the one in charge and also I want a real reply to Nasty_Butler's posts.

Anyway, sometimes images made with MS Paint speak louder than words:

https://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5645/indianscouttg3.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited by Wasder (2006-07-25 13:13:45)

MorbidFetus
+76|6552|Ohio
I wonder if this guy is just a psychotic fruit who thinks he works for EA...
Capt. Foley
+155|6588|Allentown, PA, USA
No, the guy is just a psychotic fag who dose work for EA.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
ROE should be applied to only EA official servers, other servers may wish to use the ROE, KP servers should be allowed as cougar said ppl pay w/ money to have these servers
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6733|St. Andrews / Oslo

I don't see what's wrong with K/P, Infantry Only and High Points servers... I guess it's because it's fun to play on them.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6673|Australia
Ive read most of these posts and theres some things i have to say.

Now lets say you've trained your ass off to compete in a 400m race for the olympics, 12months of early morning starts of 3 training sessions a day, weight work, technique work etc.  Come race day you qualified 1st, and you are standing in lane 4, next to you in lane 5, is this guy who looks pumped biceps and shoulders bulging legs like tree trunks, but only 2 months ago he finished last in a race 10 seconds behind the winner, this time he goes on to win the race by 20mts, breaking the world record by 5 seconds.

It becomes clear that this guy did nothing but steroids for 2 months, he trained 4 times a week, while injecting 3 times a week.

Do you feel cheated....YES, the hardwork you put in doesnt measure to what this cheating fuck did.

*****THAT IS WHAT STATS PADDING IS TO THIS GAME.

This game is predicated on the basis of ranks and scoring points to rank while playing a war game. Nothing else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now people say give the power to server owners to legislate how they want it run, but any body can own and run a server and not all owners are honest people,("daddy bought me a server we can do what we like") I could up a server and allow people to sit in boat and repair it the whole round, cause they are the rules but are not morally acceptable to a game based on getting points legitmately busting your ass, while "dickhead" over here on this server is just sitting in a fucking boat.

Rant done...
l41e
+677|6649

To all the people complaining about how they paid for BF2 so they should do whatever they want, how DICE should code it and not make EA put it in the ROE:

Do you think it didn't cost EA anything to publish the game? Do you think DICE went to EA headquarters on Christmas, gave them the code for BF2, and said "here's a free game for you to release"? Do you think that SF, EF, AF, and all the patches just fell out of thin air? Yes, they make profit, but if money's all your concerned about in BF2, why don't you just rip someone off and sell the damn game for $51? If you don't like the ROE - get a fucking unranked servers. What ROE applies to those? NONE. No? Why? Oh yeah - your precious stats. To tell the truth, the only reason most people do what they do in BF2 is because of STATS. Baseraping - "it's war, it should be allowed". Real explanation? "i want to make my epenis bigger". Same with statpadding. "oh well dice should code it in". Yeah, and then what? YOU'RE GONNA WHINE ABOUT THE FUCKING CODE, just like you whine about the ROE now. Seriously, all the people who say "code it dont roe it" are going to have "roe it dont code it" once DICE patch things out.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-07-26 05:33:38)

ZCor3x
+46|6571|Pennsylvania

Wasder wrote:

Still no reply from Mr RoE. And I really wanna hear him tell us HOW come he is the one in charge and also I want a real reply to Nasty_Butler's posts.

Anyway, sometimes images made with MS Paint speak louder than words:

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5645/i … outtg3.jpg

Enjoy.
Your E PENIS has grown. You're still not cool, sorry.

No statpadding
No hacking
No glitching
No K/p servers
Chuckles
+32|6548
I'd still like to know why Indian thinks anyone would want to go to the work of writing a fair and intelligent ROE if nobody is actually going to enforce it anyway?  It all just seems like a colossal waste of time.  They don't enforce the one they've already got.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6531|The lunar module
The current ROE is fine.

It needs to be enforced more effectively, though. The BFHQ ranking should be considered a virtual sports league and BF2 Ranked servers are the arena. 

Those who do not want to participate in the league have the option of playing on servers that aren't Ranked. What's so goddamn difficult about the concept?

The ROE is what, 3 pages in print? Looking at the Laws of the Game of football (soccer), which is 84 pages in print, I'd say the BF2 ROE is concise & simple.

http://www.fifa.com/documents/fifa/laws/LOTG2006_e.pdf
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6540|GREAT Britain

apollo_fi wrote:

The current ROE is fine.

It needs to be enforced more effectively, though. The BFHQ ranking should be considered a virtual sports league and BF2 Ranked servers are the arena. 

Those who do not want to participate in the league have the option of playing on servers that aren't Ranked. What's so goddamn difficult about the concept?

The ROE is what, 3 pages in print? Looking at the Laws of the Game of football (soccer), which is 84 pages in print, I'd say the BF2 ROE is concise & simple.

http://www.fifa.com/documents/fifa/laws/LOTG2006_e.pdf
yea, except football is a real sport, and this is a game. and no matter how much people want games to be a real sport, they never will be...EVER.

and the problem with that idea is, non ranked = no stats and most people want points regardless, and just cus someone doesnt wanna pretend to be a virtual athlete and follow the ROE (rules for a video game? come on, thats just retarded, what other FPS game has an enforced roe? none, cus other companies they actually code their rules into the game) if ur not hacking or glitchin why the hell does it matter. a virtual "sports" league, yea right
RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6761

k30dxedle wrote:

To all the people complaining about how they paid for BF2 so they should do whatever they want, how DICE should code it and not make EA put it in the ROE:

Do you think it didn't cost EA anything to publish the game? Do you think DICE went to EA headquarters on Christmas, gave them the code for BF2, and said "here's a free game for you to release"? Do you think that SF, EF, AF, and all the patches just fell out of thin air? Yes, they make profit, but if money's all your concerned about in BF2, why don't you just rip someone off and sell the damn game for $51? If you don't like the ROE - get a fucking unranked servers. What ROE applies to those? NONE. No? Why? Oh yeah - your precious stats. To tell the truth, the only reason most people do what they do in BF2 is because of STATS. Baseraping - "it's war, it should be allowed". Real explanation? "i want to make my epenis bigger". Same with statpadding. "oh well dice should code it in". Yeah, and then what? YOU'RE GONNA WHINE ABOUT THE FUCKING CODE, just like you whine about the ROE now. Seriously, all the people who say "code it dont roe it" are going to have "roe it dont code it" once DICE patch things out.
Selfish people..

Do you know that not everyone has the luxury of choosing from hundreds or thousands of servers?

Do you know that in places like Singapore, your ping only allows you to play in a handful of local servers? And the unranked servers NEVER has anybody in it. So you can swallow all your mighty crap talk.

What has ROE got to do with the cost? You, me, we all paid for the game. Like every other game we pay for, except that they work. Is it so much to ask for a properly coded game instead of depending on such ambiguous rules to govern our gameplay?

Funny you are whinning about whinners. How credible that makes you.

Last edited by RGB|Apocalypse (2006-07-26 19:43:09)

ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6639|Olympus Mons, Mars

jord wrote:

*No knive/reviving.

There done.
no foul language
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
Feel free to cuss as much as you want, don't like the cussing?  Tough!  Don't fuckin play here ya little pussy baby.

There, no more gettin kicked for such a retarded reason.

Also, no rascism you fucking disgusting neo-nazis.

No-baserapin unless unless it's infantry on the carrier, they never last long and if you can somehow manage to make it that far you should be allowed to have some fun with it.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-07-27 12:10:30)

OpsChief
+101|6677|Southern California
Good Topic.

Make everyone (servers/users) accept and sign the ROE when they download Patch v1.4 and renew the aggreement on each subsequent patch.

Ranked servers/players need rules to follow or the statistical database is crap. EA could have gone another direction and compartmentalized the database allowing people to classify themselves for example, as Infantry Only or Original Game and only join those type ranked servers.  This would allow all the stats to make sense in many ranked environments. But EA didn't give us that.

Somebody said "since we paid for it we should get to make our own rules". We can make our own rules on non-ranked servers or single player if you like. The ranked BF2 database is a nice to have addition and needs to stay clean and balanced as it was intended.

Think of all the cool stuff EA could have added to BF2 if we didn't have stats sucking up bandwidth and computer processes.

We come from all over the world, all ages, races, religions, backgrounds and a couple knuckleheads so unfortunately there is no such thing as "common sense" or people would not disagree about concepts like spawncamping, statpadding, K/P only servers and such. So we can shelve that part of the discussion. K/P is effectively a MOD as it significantly changes designed score per minute.

lol someone said "no rules" Games exist because of rules. The game is to beat the opponent without cheating. There is no game without rules. Basic rule that exists in all games = do [this] to win. Game coding is part of the game rule system as is the EULA/TOS/ROE. The ROE stays and EA will ensure that better coding happens in 2142 to fix the admin intensive environment of BF2...or not.

Rules should make no assumptions.

EA need a concise description of game design to "teach" people the environment they are in. So much of the forum activity is about conflicts in common sense. Try something like this:

GAME DESIGN - NON-LINEAR WARFIGHTING
BF2 is a First Person Shooter (FPS) with a complex enhanced multi-level with both tactical and strategic team play using squad members, leaders, commander roles/assets, minimap operational graphics, orders and Voice over IP (VoIP) to compliment all the requirements of battle. The BF2 built-in communications flow assumes all players habitually play in a squad or command. Each map has a mission scenario included which sets the basic focus for each team. The game win-loss outcome is based on captured flags and/or kills..etc. This design creates a balance between earning individual stats and team wins or losses.

Other helpful items to resolve false claims:
SCOPE - RANKED SERVERS
The ROE applies to all ranked server providers, server operators and administrators contributing to the BF2 statistical database. The ranked server program and ranking system introduced by DICE and EA for Battlefield 2 is designed to promote a system of statistics gathering and rewards for BF2 players on a level playing field in which players can expect the same standard configuration and playing environment on any ranked server they play on. These standards are achieved and maintained by ensuring that all server providers and server administrators are abiding by a common set of rules as determined by EA.

AUTHORITY TO MODIFY OR APPROVE MODIFICATIONS -
EA retains exclusive control over any ranked game modifications, coded or by server rules and/or enforcement. Any permissions or delegated authority provided by EA must be posted in a public access(no account required) location on your server homepage.

PRE-EXISTING AGREEMENTS OR UNDERSTANDINGS
Any agreements with non-EA agents currently in place to deviate from this ROE must be renewed and publicly displayed on the home server site.

Add this:
BF2 UNIVERSAL GAME ETHICS
+ Respect others of all levels
+ Be a team player (cooperate and share the roles/assets)
+ Follow the EULA/TOS/ROE

Next make each sentence stand alone because we have readers at all levels of language and misunderstanding is easy. I lifted and revised from the ROEv2 for the following and ommited lines with no changes.

2. RULES AND POLICIES FOR ALL SERVERS AND ADMINISTRATORS MANAGING RANKED SERVERS (PUBLIC, PRIVATE OR CLAN)
These rules and policies govern everyone running ranked servers. Failure to comply can result in the server being delisted. Servers have no authority to deviate from the EULA/TOS/ROE except with specific written approval by EA which must be posted publicly on their server homepage.

2.2.4 Server Administrators may not abuse users of their server regardless of status of paying member or casual user.

2.2.5 Servers may not use terms like "Knife/Pistol only" to list their server whether the rule is enforced or not.

2.3 “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Public Ranked Servers and Private rented clan servers may introduce custom rules that apply uniquely to their servers and which result in minor changes to gameplay. These “in-house” rules are allowed as long as they do not violate the conditions of use of a ranked server as determined by DICE and EA and as long as they are explicitly announced in the server description or on the loading screen, so that players joining the server are aware of them before they start playing. An excessive number of rules may lead to exploitation of game design.

2.3.1 Prohibited “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Servers may not prevent any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.
(b) Servers may not prevent any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.
(c) Servers may not prevent any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).
(d) Servers may not prevent any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or
(e) Servers may not post or enforce a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.
(f) Servers may not post or enforce rules restricting player kit/weapon use on capturable spawnpoints.
(g) Servers may not post or enforce rules restricting specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s assets.
(h) Servers may not post or enforce rules using maps not available within the game to describe restricted locations.
(h) Servers may not create or enforce zones-of-play within a map/game that violate 2.3.1. a, b, c, d, e, f, g.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable as long as they do not violate any rules listed above are:

(a) Players may be restricted from use of explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.
(b) Players may be restricted from deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-switching, excessive or Intentional Team Killing or Forced Team Killing, destroying friendly vehicles, or placing vehicles to block their own runways.
(c) Players may be restricted from using vehicles as Commander (No Commander in jet/Armor, etc.).
(d) Players may be restricted from attacking enemy main bases (uncapturable flags), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks, except as in 2.3.1 (g) above.
(e) Players may be restricted from using transport helicopters to capture flags, bypassing enemy forces (flag hopping).
(f) Players may be restricted from using C4 explosives on vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming).
(g) Players may be restricted from ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.
(h) Players may be restricted from excessive TK punishment of unintentional TKs.
(i) Players may be restricted from commanding more than 2 rounds in a row unless no other player applies.
[end of ROE]

Some of the standard server settings as well as list of current cheats/hacks should just be refered to and not listed. The post them at a central public place on EA.

Note that since the new ROE is requiring servers to post rules in the JOIN SERVER screen that deviate from the orginal game then two things are true - you can't have alot of rules about spawncamping and do this don't do that stuff. The second is only post changes to orginal design - which means you don't need to say "mainbase attacking is allowed" that's part of the original game

The best idea is still to Code the ROE
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

jord wrote:

*No knive/reviving.

There done.
no foul language
fuck that
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

kr@cker wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

jord wrote:

*No knive/reviving.

There done.
no foul language
fuck that
Yeah really, no-cussing is for babies.
Des.Kmal
+917|6619|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Edited for possible ban.

I say Rules of Engagement - No knife/reviving/kidnapping.
No hacking. No glitching

Done.

There, I want my reward from EA and have my name immortalized in BF2 history.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2006-07-27 19:03:35)

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6540|GREAT Britain

k30dxedle wrote:

your a fool, if they code it there will be alot less bullshit, and you always get a few idiots whining. If they dont code it, there will be loads of bullshit (careless glitches, etc), and loads of people whining. so basically ur saying we should support their laziness and shouldnt want the game coded properly, instead just put up some bullshit rules? load of crap..... how about u find another FPS run this badly and this full of bugs, youll be looking one hell of a time. yet u think bf2 is fine...seriously man,  u sound like a right ea fan boy

Last edited by ericcartmanisbest (2006-07-28 22:29:36)

SiMSaM16
+48|6694|United States of America
My ROE:

Dont piss me off.
Dersmikner
+147|6499|Texas
Put the damned thing (ROE) into the game when you first plug it in. Make it part of that BS narration that goes on. At the very least make certain it's readily available on the BFHQ screen or SOMETHING.

I didn't know until TODAY that knife/pistol servers were illegal. The servers are OFFICIALLY RANKED and SAY knife/pistol right in the f$%*ing title. How the hell can that happen if it's not within the rules? EA needs to just can those servers if they're illegal.

Whatever you make the rules, (1) make it impossible to miss them after you've bought the game at Best Buy because you saw the Geek Squad playing it, and (2) enforce the rules after you've made certain everyone knows them.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2006-07-30 22:01:53)

chuuby
+19|6618
so how would the average joe see the roe. the only reason i ever heard of them was from this website. what if i just installed the game and played and never checked out any websites how would i know what the roe rules were? if they were such a big deal then they should have been in the box when i bought the game.  fuck the roe rules and just go with server rules.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6674|Houston, Texas
I wrote a very long multiple paragraph statement in response, then deleted and rewrote this. But I realized it was pointless to say it to you Indian, you aren't EA. I've learned since day of release no matter how many suggestions I put in, they do what they want to do anyways. Class restrictions are fine if it's a sever based setting from the get-go. Frankly after paying For bf2, SF, AF & EF, if I want to play a certain class only server honestly I feel I should be able to. EA doesn't agree, so be it. I have to bite my lip and continue to play boring ass maps I have played sometimes in excess of 400-500 hours in my 1330+ hours of ranked time logged. They make you continue to pay to play on new maps. A year later they are just finally realizing hey maybe we shouldnt of made every map with so much armor. I'm just throwing my thoughts out to you. I am grateful for your help, and the help your community has given against the idiots out there which can give a bad name. On the same token, the games a year old now, 2142 is coming out, do we really need to push so hard on the rules? Can we push more on EA to give us the ability to make SERVER side restrictions on classes? If someone wants to make a sniper only server who cares? They paid for the game, they pay for the server, why should it matter? Most people play this game correctly, and the SINGLE reason most want to play ranked in the get-go is because it took EA a year+ now to even figure out that allowing all the unlocks in a nonranked environment should be legal. WE WANT ALL THE GUNS.

I just know i've devoted a lot of time to this game only for EA to change rank requirements, medal requirements, numerous other requirements. How about they increase the fun requirements to a lower level and allow people to enjoy the game a tid bit more in the way they wish to do so. After all, they paid the money for it.

I know this doesn't help you much. We dont need guys reviving and killing only for points, just to rank up. I was upto almost 75,000 points before the big ranking system change happened and over night I had almost every unlock. We don't need team killers. We dont need racists remarks. We don't need a lot of things because it really makes peoples ability to enjoy the game difficult. But do we really need to control the way people play the game so much, that after all the money they spent on the game and possibly even the server, they cant play a sniper only map? Other games have been doing this for half a decade, why is battlefield 2 in a mindset in regards to class control, that it cant happen... nova's been giving out the ability to allow players to play certain classes only for over half a decade. I just know sometimes this community is too large for its own pants.. and it needs to look at itself and say hey. we forgot what is important. We all paid for this game to have fun... why are we griping so much about it? If someone pays for a server, and you are a dickhead in it, you should be banned. You shouldn't be allowed to go to a website to post saying its pistols only, when you were playing in it to begin with. You just got mad because you got kicked out. Lets be honest, short of stat padding, how many people go report servers for bullshit unless they are unfairly treated? I'm sorry, there's 3000 other servers out there. Go try another one.

But i'm just a drunk with a thought. A thought of remembering how much fun it was to not have a government controlling the way I play my video games. After all, it's a video game. I think a lot have long since forgotten that, and taken this whole thing way to seriously. Wait, didn't I just write a huge ass post on this whole issue? Guess I forgot myself...
OpsChief
+101|6677|Southern California
Does anyone else find it strange that the new "official" ROE v2  was posted the same date (7/20) as this thread was started?

I must have misunderstood the o.p. I thought he was asking for suggestions

Code the ROE
spike56532
+1|6479
Nasty butler and his kind want to try to distract us from their real intent, to cheat, and not be held accountable for it, their past behaviour, and stat resets are proof enough, that they are incapable of playing by the rules, and therefore want the rules done away with, so they can cheat and not be called cheaters.
   Those of us who do play by the rules, have always realised, that there are rules to everything good and bad, and eliminating them, beacuse it's fun, is not a valid argument, in this game or anywhere else, so get over yourselves, and play by the rules or find something else to do, you're ruining it for the rest of us.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard