swiftyy
+0|6787
Well i tried out 1.12 but dont really like how it puts the ppl without SF at a big disadvantage (ex. getting FB) when it comes to gear.

i tried reinstallined 1.03 but it didnt roll back, anyway to go back to 1.03 without having to uninstall BF2 and installing everything again?

thanks
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6877|A Small Isle in the Tropics

I believe you'd need 1.12 to play BF2 from today onwards.
ud bslapper
+0|6817
Bumma  some servers will still run older patch
Try a system rrestore on ur pc to get previous to ur downloaded patch 1.12
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra
you need the new patch, if you dont have you will find fuck all servers to play on
swiftyy
+0|6787
thx for the replies i uninstalled and reinstalled everything...until my favorite servers switch to 1.12 i wont be switching just yet.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6880|Cologne, Germany

moreover, I don't know if you can earn GP or awards/ranks/stuff if you don't play the up-to-date version.

my suggestion would be that all ranked servers must be on 1.12. anyone here can confirm this ?

If you feel you have a disadvantage because you don't have SF I am afraid there is nothing anyone can do for you. EA specifically designed the unlocks and new gear for SF that way. Intention was to make people buy the expansion, of course ( a legit marketing strategy ), but also to give players who would be playing SF a lot some motivation to also keep playing BF2 ( because of the fact they can use weapons unlocked in SF in BF2 too ).
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6803

B.Schuss wrote:

my suggestion would be that all ranked servers must be on 1.12. anyone here can confirm this ?
I'm about to check my regular servers. When 1.03 came out, the first day they converted 2 servers, then 2nd day a few more and by the 5th day all the servers had changed. Gave people a bit more time and a sort of warning.

EDIT: yeah, 2 servers are in 1.12, no SF servers yet.
I'm gonna wait a bit before installing 1.12.

Last edited by Coolbeano (2005-11-23 02:12:12)

mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

I read in EA Australia forums that the servers are going to be able to rotate SF Maps. So, apparently, those without SF installed will be kicked out of rounds. It seems highly unlikely that 1.03 only servers are going to be around that much longer. From a business sense, EA will want ALL to buy SF

@coolbeano, there are 6 from what i saw last night, half in Asia. 2 were EA Japan, and 1 EA Korea. There were 2 EA US WC servers.

Last edited by mikeshw (2005-11-23 02:17:27)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6803

i stick with EA Thailand Servers, occasionally though if terhe is no space i move to to EA Taiwan or Singapore. But out of the 8-9 EA TH Servers, 2 have converted so far.
Sa¢ripan
+12|6779|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France

mikeshw wrote:

I read in EA Australia forums that the servers are going to be able to rotate SF Maps. So, apparently, those without SF installed will be kicked out of rounds. It seems highly unlikely that 1.03 only servers are going to be around that much longer. From a business sense, EA will want ALL to buy SF

@coolbeano, there are 6 from what i saw last night, half in Asia. 2 were EA Japan, and 1 EA Korea. There were 2 EA US WC servers.
I hope u telling bs.
B.Schuss

Sa¢ripan wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

I hope u telling bs.
as far as I can tell, that is almost never the case with Mike...

so I hope you didn't mean that...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra

mikeshw wrote:

your correct, i was playing tonight with a mate who didnt have sf, it changed to a new map and he got a message saying he needs the expansion installed to play this map!!!
B.Schuss

so all servers can run BF2 and SF maps at the same time ? that's cool
But I am pretty sure most will stick either with BF2 or the expansion. a 20-map rotation would be huge.

I plan to buy the expansion anyway. Comes out tomorrow and if my calendar is correct, I won't have time to play before tomorrow evening so there is no need to install patch 1.12 before the expansion.
Titanium Shadow
Silent Justice
+0|6778|Chicago
B. Schuss Wrote: moreover, I don't know if you can earn GP or awards/ranks/stuff if you don't play the up-to-date version
   I played the older patch last night (v 1.03) and my global did go up. Just to confirm for ya. but anyways I will not worry, for I to will be playing SF TODAY;)
B.Schuss

thx for the info. good to know that those who don't want to patch ( for whatever strange reason ) can still rank up.

downside is, of course, that most servers ( if not 99% ) will be patched in the near future so there won't be many to choose from when searching for a 1.03 server. And I bet all official EA servers will be patched.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

Sa¢ripan wrote:

I hope u telling bs.
something smells here.. it aint from me
B.Schuss

must be that damn bunny again. just can't keep him clean, can you..
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo

XBoughtonX
+2|6862|North Texas
One really cool thing I noticed last night, my squadmate finished his DL of SF and played one map, he got out and was awarded 3 weapon unlocks. He chose his new toys and went into a server with me (my copy of SF will be here today) I updated BF to 1.12. We were playing, he dropped a flashbang and my screen went completely white. (cool) Soon after, he was killed, I went over and picked up his kit, and got his new weapon and all. (sweet)

The patch makes BF2 compatible with SF.
thinner44
+1|6849
er, help a little old man out here ... Does the expansion (SF) come with the patch? .. I still have 1.03 so at the moment can still play Bf2, but I have noticed a lot (and I mean a lot) of servers going red. When I clicked on one, it said 'You need 1.12 version to join this srver'.

I have ordered the SF but it won't be here till the weekend.... and that's such a long time to wait
Buzerk1
+44|6876
Expansion comes with patch 1.1, but you still have to install 1.12 after you installed BF2:SF.

If you install 1.12 patch and then BF2:SF, you will still have to reinstall 1.12 after BF2:SF is installed.

ANd yes I love the new unlocks.... Assault weapons are way too cool

Last edited by Buzerk1 (2005-11-23 06:22:56)

thinner44
+1|6849

Buzerk1 wrote:

Expansion comes with patch 1.1, but you still have to install 1.12 after you installed BF2:SF.

If you install 1.12 patch and then BF2:SF, you will still have to reinstall 1.12 after BF2:SF is installed.

ANd yes I love the new unlocks.... Assault weapons are way too cool
Cheers for the info. I've just started the 1.12 download
McCullough
+7|6878
Joined a  BF2 server today and used my fresh super new Medic gun from Special Forces, and suddenly i'm accused of cheeting and so on.  This kinda suck cus it gives me an advantage against the core bf2 players. But i dont care. I rack up more kills now than before, so  i'm happy. If you dont likeit so be it.
Ryle
+1|6791|Seattle
are the new weapons that much better? the medic L85A1 unlock is dam good as it is... is the new gun actually lot better?
wendigo
+0|6771|San Rafael, CA
I earned the infantry officer ribbon last night while I was playing on a 1.03 server and it stuck.  I then patched as most of the servers in my favorites have converted to 1.12, although half of them are running SF maps now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard