here

It wasnt delayed for Vista. They have said it runs better on dx10, but since theres no such thing as a dx10 gfx card you wont be missing anything with a dx9 one. I'll assume that being EA it will eventually be delayed but seeing how quickly Farcry came out compared to Half Life 2 I'd say Crytek is a pretty timely company.

Dx10 will be software for a while till the next gen of gfx cards comes out. That being said delaying it for Vista just doesnt make sense .. especially since alot of people arent going to have Vista yet. If they delay it for anything it is probably becuase they are polishing it.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
Great interview.  There were some very interesting bits in there, they actually got me thinking there is a chance for the multiplayer to be decent.... 

As far as the release date goes the only thing said was "It will definitely be playable at E3 and we're shooting for winter 2006 right now. We don't have to wait until Vista ships either." 

Not too convincing.  I agree that EA will be the dominant force in that decision.  Sounds like Crytek would like to release on time but may have their hands tied?  The interview was over 3 months old though, I think 01/07 is pretty much accepted at this point.  Guess we will know for sure soon enough.....
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

those are really good renders.
now i wonder how the kills are. either it's going to be just as realistics making the game 18++++++ (and so that you have to play it in your basement so that noboby knows that you have even heard about it)
or like in bf2 where you shoot a guy 5 times in the head with your shotty and all they do is go limp and drop to the floor with no blood or similar (which would then take away all reality of it)
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6532|Here.

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

here

It wasnt delayed for Vista. They have said it runs better on dx10, but since theres no such thing as a dx10 gfx card you wont be missing anything with a dx9 one. I'll assume that being EA it will eventually be delayed but seeing how quickly Farcry came out compared to Half Life 2 I'd say Crytek is a pretty timely company.

Dx10 will be software for a while till the next gen of gfx cards comes out. That being said delaying it for Vista just doesnt make sense .. especially since alot of people arent going to have Vista yet. If they delay it for anything it is probably becuase they are polishing it.
As far as I'm aware, they delayed it so it could be included with Vista, not just to coincide with the release.

Doesnt change the fact I'm not getting Vista.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas
No, I mistakenly thought the same thing when it was announced that Crysis had been delayed to ship with Vista.  What they meant was that it would ship concurrently with Vista. 

I'm all for Vista.  Something new to tinker with......
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6714|Germany

Battlefield2Player wrote:

Yea I'm having trouble deciding whether I should get BF2142 or Crysis... or both...
do you want a bugfree, great game with hyperrealistic graphic, which is not made by a moneymaking not-for-their-gamers-caring stupid huge game factory called EA... then buy crysis!! far cry was the game with the best and most amazing graphic up to now and now crytecs second game will become its heir!!
its made by an independent german studio, who is making everything perfect and NOT only for the commercial result! they won all prices and make the best games!!

CRYTEC FTW
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6616
that is incredible however, soon its gonna be like shooting real people would you like that?
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6689|Las Vegas

pure_beef_69 wrote:

that is incredible however, soon its gonna be like shooting real people would you like that?
Well, right up to the point where they have actual people crawling out of the box and chasing me around with guns, I think I'm up for it.  At that point I think realism may have gone a bit too far.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6538

Ir0n-M@n wrote:

its made by an independent german studio, who is making everything perfect and NOT only for the commercial result!
"Made in Germany" says all, huh?
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6714|Germany
jep it does!
nearly every amazing things were or are produced in germany! most of the important lyricers came from germany, the best producers in hollywood are from germany, germany is one of the most succesful country in soccer, germany is and was always one of the greatest industry states, germany has everything and is everything!!!
but today i dont like germany at all -.- there's nearly nothing that profiles us from other countries (except the 5% workless) -.- i'm glad when i'm out of here^^

Ir0n-M@n wrote:

Battlefield2Player wrote:

Yea I'm having trouble deciding whether I should get BF2142 or Crysis... or both...
do you want a bugfree, great game with hyperrealistic graphic, which is not made by a moneymaking not-for-their-gamers-caring stupid huge game factory called EA... then buy crysis!! far cry was the game with the best and most amazing graphic up to now and now crytecs second game will become its heir!!
its made by an independent german studio, who is making everything perfect and NOT only for the commercial result! they won all prices and make the best games!!

CRYTEC FTW
sorry to burst your bubble but crysis is published by EA
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Hopefully Crytek wont' be a bunch of pushovers like DICE and actually work on the game rather than be EA's bitches.

Hopefully Crysis will have a better mod community and tools than FarCry... BF2 clone on CryEngine2 would ftw.
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6692|Indianapolis, IN
Well, since some people pointed out the miniscule problems with the pictures from Crysis, lets compare Crysis to BF2 or BF2142 and decide which one has better graphics.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

The_Mob_Returns wrote:

Well, since some people pointed out the miniscule problems with the pictures from Crysis, lets compare Crysis to BF2 or BF2142 and decide which one has better graphics.
lolololololololol (etc)

Crysis rapes BF2's and BF2142's graphics. They aren't bad, Crysis's are just 10x better.

All this talk of graphics makes me wanna play some HL2 and FarCry.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
The obvious is that Crytek simply has more skill then Dice.
I'm not sure when EA Game stepped into the picture in the production point of Crysis, however Ubisoft was the former distributer and they gave them more than enough time for Far Cry. So I want to say that even though EA is involved they really didn't have involvement in the project until at least midway through. If that's the case then maybe that makes a difference.

Regardless the CryEngine blows the shit outta Dice and the BF2 engine. Dice has no hope in beating Crytek in the programing skillz market. So they better hold onto their one and only franchise and pray to god that they can make it look significantly better and play better the next time around or else they may be out of a product.

Battlefield 3 done by Crytek anyone? I wonder what that would look like... .oO Dreams Oo.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6664|Vancouver BC Canada

kilroy0097 wrote:

The obvious is that Crytek simply has more skill then Dice.
I think we all have to realize the quality of the game that Dice have put out. Its still way up there on the rankings, has awesome gameplay, is constantly being updated, and has a huge following. Bf2 isn't about photo realizm its about the teamplay.

More skill or just a year later in time? With hardware advances this game becomes possible. Plus you haven't even seen if the game is stable yet. It's a little early to judge this.

I don't want DX10 yet!!!I just bought these damned cards 6 months ago!!!
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

jkohlc wrote:

the ear look kinda "waxy"
It's been polished with the guy's own ear wax, that's why!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

TechGuy wrote:

This game is going to rock. You'll probably need a DX10 graphics card to run it at its maximum image quality, but DX9 cards like my 7800GTX should run it just fine at max settings.
You will need a DX10 card to run it at maximum image quality. At least you're a bit better off than I am, with my 6800 Ultra.
stef10
+173|6452|Denmark
Then look at me with my 5200FX card. I am screwed.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
WTF , u sure that isnt your house? It looks so fcking real.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard