+95|6657|USA

AllmightyOz wrote:

Green Jello wrote:

It seems like 95% of all the servers have these LAME rules. Stuff like:

- No attacking main bases
- No stealing vehicles
- No cartillery
- etc.

I have never seen a game like this. BF2 works perfectly as designed. I think that the only rule any server should have is NO HACKING. Not only is the game more fun, but it doesn't cause all the admin headaches to enforce. War is hell. If you don't like your base to be raped, then keep the enemy out of it.

What is the deal?
The people running the server PAY for it and you dont. If you PAY for something like a BF2 ranked server, you should have it your way. Fuck EA and their ROE. EA isnt paying for your server. Yes I agree tho, some rules are utterly fucking retarded but you'll have that. Go play in a different server if you do not like the rules. I was an admin on the H*S HIGH POINTS infantry ONLY karkand server. We payed for it, and thats how we wanted to play. Some people thought they could come in and use tanks... boy were they wrong. Instant BAN.
then password your server and invite people to play, moron.  That reasoning is about as mature as the 3rd grader who gets beat in kickball and takes his ball back home to play with his mamma
Chou
+737|6817

smtt686 wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

Green Jello wrote:

- No stealing vehicles
- No cartillery
- etc.

I have never seen a game like this. BF2 works perfectly as designed. I think that the only rule any server should have is NO HACKING. Not only is the game more fun, but it doesn't cause all the admin headaches to enforce. War is hell. If you don't like your base to be raped, then keep the enemy out of it.

What is the deal?
The people running the server PAY for it and you dont. If you PAY for something like a BF2 ranked server, you should have it your way. Fuck EA and their ROE. EA isnt paying for your server. Yes I agree tho, some rules are utterly fucking retarded but you'll have that. Go play in a different server if you do not like the rules. I was an admin on the H*S HIGH POINTS infantry ONLY karkand server. We payed for it, and thats how we wanted to play. Some people thought they could come in and use tanks... boy were they wrong. Instant BAN.
then password your server and invite people to play, moron.  That reasoning is about as mature as the 3rd grader who gets beat in kickball and takes his ball back home to play with his mamma
Password = Not ranked
dankassasin42o
+68|6705|Reefersyde, CA

Choumichel wrote:

smtt686 wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

Password = Not ranked
Figures, the guys cryin about rules DO NOT know the rules set by EA for a RANKED server.   You cant password a ranked server./
Green Jello
+47|6659|Reno, NV
Of course those who own and pay for the servers can make whatever rules they want for them.

Whoever owns this car got to decide to do this to it:

https://img178.exs.cx/img178/3849/ricer210wr.jpg

...but that doesn't mean it doesn't REALLY suck and is a waste of a perfectly good automobile.

If you want to make your server lame, that's your business. But don't expect me to like it or come visit it. It's obvious that the majority thinks this is ruining the game.

Last edited by Green Jello (2006-07-26 13:59:38)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6556|Boston, MA
I agree 100% with topic creator. The only rule I play with is No hacking/exploiting. Whatever else you want to do, is legal since it is part of the game. I'm waiting for the point where servers have the rule "No going prone for better accuracy (as you are hard for us to hit)"

Pfft, I say fuck off to these admins. Most people keep playing the same way through the warning but I'll argue with them until they kick me, I don't give a fuck. The more kicks I get the better because I don't get legit kicks, just shows how many admins are upset because I won't play by their stupid little rules.

And lastly, what is with all these people saying "the people running the server should make the rules, not EA."?? That's total trash, you can't restrict people from doing what they want in the game. There's a reason tanks are in the game, there's a reason you can bunny hop. Maybe I should start a server just so I can get an unfair advantage and why would I get that advantage? Because I'm paying! Yay! Since I'm such a friggin little baby I'll smack down some money each month to give me that advantage! Yipee! I'm going to have so much fun!!

nodehopper
+56|6658
Well....It might be okay if the players could add a few server rules too.

Admins can't stack teams so they always get the win

Admins can't kick players who OWN them

When a Clan member joins they can't kick the highest scoring player on the other team to make room

I do agree that there are a few rules added by Admins that are OK. I have played on Karkand with the no raping US Gas Station and MEC Factory. It keeps things a bit more even and seems to eliminate one side just killing the other. AT least that rule has some debatable merit. But, for every reasonable rule there are 10 others set up by selfish / childish admins for their own benefit.  Because all the Idiots ruin it for the  few who add a couple rules as a sincere attempt at making their server more fun for everyone, there shouldn't be any server rules that aren't in the ROE.

No stealing vehicles from Enemy uncap!!!! .......completely stupid.....That completely eliminates the role of Spec-Ops kit. Damn..nothing better than sneaking in, grabbing an empty APC, C4-ing everything you can then rolling out and hitting that trigger and if you can kill a couple guys too .....that is just icing !!!!
bEAv3D
+24|6720|Fayettenam, NC USA
As a co-owner of a server, this is what I've noticed.

Without rules, we lose a lot of traffic.  By putting something like "No arty or camping uncaps" we eliminate a lot of what drives people to disconnecting and finding another server.  It doesn't bother me personally, but it helps keep the enjoyment level up.  That's the case on our server anyways.
camobarge
Trigger happy
+1|6567|Ball Ground, GA

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

I just wish that servers would list all of their stupid rules in the server message.If you want to hide behind some lame ass rules to protect your precious score,fine whatever.If I know before clicking join I'll stay away from that server.
Yeah that would be cool if they could fix it so that while the game was loading up you could read the server rules. Would save us all alot of grief, well on both sides, if it doesnt look like a server you would like you could just disconnect.

I think that would be too cool for EA to do though lol.
TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6699

Green Jello wrote:

- No stealing vehicles
- No cartillery
- etc.

What is the deal?
Amen!

The one that pisses me off the most is the "No stealing vehicles". Pffffffft. If I can make it into your main base and take your team's J-10 to have a chance in the air and I don't get killed in the process, then I'll keep it thank you very much. It's one of my favorite things to do becuase you have to be pretty good to pull it off. Usually gets my adrenaline pumping, especially the takeoff. When you FINALLY make it out of there alive and say to yourself, "Ok, I've got your J-10 and I know how to use it, time to kick some serious butt," That stupid message pops up and you're gone.
topthrill05
+125|6604|Rochester NY USA
It is their server. Are you paying for it? I didn't think so.

If you want to play on a server with no rules pay for your own. Otherwise quit bitching.
chuckle_hound
+32|6693|Edinburgh, Scotland

Green Jello wrote:

What is the deal?
Urgh, repeat after me.

THIS

GAME

IS

NOT

A

REAL

WAR

See my repeated posts on the topic, if you want the rules of a real war then go fight in one.  This is a game, and on public servers it's the equivalent of a friendly sports match.  You wouldn't expect someone in a baseball or football match to kneecap the opposing players from the sidelines at the beginning of the match would you?  In the same way it's necessary to make the game fair for players of all skill levels.

If you don't like the rules other people put down, go on a different server.  But if you suck so badly that the only way you can get points is base raping then you really should just give up.

Last edited by chuckle_hound (2006-07-26 15:59:54)

Green Jello
+47|6659|Reno, NV

chuckle_hound wrote:

Urgh, repeat after me.

THIS GAME IS NOT A REAL WAR

See my repeated posts on the topic, if you want the rules of a real war then go fight in one.  This is a game, and on public servers it's the equivalent of a friendly sports match.  You wouldn't expect someone in a baseball or football match to kneecap the opposing players from the sidelines at the beginning of the match would you?  In the same way it's necessary to make the game fair for players of all skill levels.

If you don't like the rules other people put down, go on a different server.  But if you suck so badly that the only way you can get points is base raping then you really should just give up.
I think we have a winner for the lamest post of the day! Congratulations! Are you fucking kidding me? Go join a real war? Yeah, because it's exactly the same thing. I realize it is a digital sport. And its my opinion that the "sport" is perfectly ballanced with the gameplay exactly as EA designed it. Rules are only to protect people who suck at the "sport".

Are you one of those poor children who's parents made them play in a soccer league where no one kept score and everyone wins a trophy?

You people keep saying if I don't like the rules to quit and find another server. The entire point of this discussion is that good servers are getting hard to find because of this bullshit. They almost all have lame ass rules.

Last edited by Green Jello (2006-07-26 19:36:47)

Rocks_AT
+0|6774
Just because you say its perfect doesn't mean the majority thinks its fine. A commander shouldn't be able to destroy a howitzer at the push of a button.  The Devs agree, and they're changing it. Lots of people are fed up with the Jets and the Tanks. The Devs are putting in an Infantry Mode. Hell even the changes aren't perfect. Engineers and  AntiTanks get screwed in this new mode..  but medics seem to be at a nice advantage.

People are fed up with the spawn camping. It takes no skill and requires that you stand at a certain spot with a PKM and unload. UCB rules are set up so that the majority of players can feel like they have a chance, whether that's fair or not.

There have been server rules since the game came out. Maybe its time to start looking for a new game to start your spawnkilling and exploiting on.
jsnipy
+3,276|6548|...

(snip)

I can see where saying go join a real war is stupid. I don't think these custom rules are matter of making the game fair, and stave off unfair attacks .. I think most of the time its to compensate for what ur team does not not do .. run off alone in vehicles, not squading ect.

I don;t think the analogy fits, since people are compaining that the rules interfere with the natural flow of the game. +2ยข
Tcx_1
+3|6766|Alberta, Canada

Daz wrote:

Uncaps shouldnt be attacked when there are other flags around, there is no gain to it and it just wastes peoples time trying to get the buggers out of the place.
I don't think so.  Exactly why is there NOTHING to gain from it? and what is wrong with using armor?  Are you one of those dumb kids that keep spawning as a medic when you know a tank will be there?

Take for example a round of Oman I played (32 on 64).

I was on the US side and while most of my squad was trying to take hotel, my SL was over at River(?) taking the tank into the MEC Uncap.  When we died we spawned on him and for a good 20 minutes we had 3/4 of the MEC team trying to get us out.
And guess what, when they did the only flag they had left was the Uncap.  Now tell me how we gained nothing there.  The SL in the tank provided an awesome spawn point, and a protected one at that.
So not only did we keep all their assets destroyed, we prevented jets and helis' from taking off.
See my point?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6774|Mark it zero.

Tcx_1 wrote:

Daz wrote:

Uncaps shouldnt be attacked when there are other flags around, there is no gain to it and it just wastes peoples time trying to get the buggers out of the place.
I don't think so.  Exactly why is there NOTHING to gain from it? and what is wrong with using armor?  Are you one of those dumb kids that keep spawning as a medic when you know a tank will be there?

I was on the US side and while most of my squad was trying to take hotel, my SL was over at River(?) taking the tank into the MEC Uncap.  When we died we spawned on him and for a good 20 minutes we had 3/4 of the MEC team trying to get us out.
And guess what, when they did the only flag they had left was the Uncap.  Now tell me how we gained nothing there.  The SL in the tank provided an awesome spawn point, and a protected one at that.
So not only did we keep all their assets destroyed, we prevented jets and helis' from taking off.
See my point?
thats definitely a good point.

for everyone that complains about spawn raping, you should just uninstall now. this is a game of war. you shouldnt get a safe place to sit. so quit your bitching.
dquinner
+4|6521|Ireland
There should only be 3 rules on a server-
1. No teamkilling
2. No forcing teamkills by blocking jets and such
3. No hacking or glitching

Everything else is within the rules of the game. If you werent allowed attack uncapturable flags it would be coded into the game and players would be invincible within their home base! If you werent allowed spawnrape players would be invincible for a few seconds after spawning! The rules are already there in the game.
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6716
Get banned for saying shit
what if you were talking about shitake mushrooms, oh look banned.

its SHIITAKE, SO YOU SHOULD GET BANNED CUZ YOUR A RETARD
Rizen_Ji
+41|6761|200m out and smiling at you.
i really hate the uncap rule...

it doesn't let me get on the carrier with the M95 for fun...
Blizzard36
Modified Luck Soldier
+10|6562|Grand Forks, ND
Personally, I refuse to play on servers without the "Don't Base Rape" rule.  Also the don't TK for vehicles, cause that's just being an ass.  People that do that are rightly kicked.

I view base raping as camping the uncap with vehicles when it's the last spawn left.  Camping it before it's the last one left isn't a problem since we can still spawn elsewhere to keep fighting and if we do spawn there you're helping your team get the other spawn points as was described in a post above.

You can kill us once we get out of the spawn area, or infiltrate with infantry since we have half a chance against that, but no vehicles damnit!  There is nothing worse than the spawn-die-spawn-get a shot off-die-spawn-die-spawn-get two shots off-die... cycle.  Since I don't make any move to stack teams or anything, I would often get sent to the worse team and stay there and since no one uses the autoteam balance options the worse team stays the worse one.  You may switch flags, but you always loose.

Because of that I still haven't gotten a Purple Heart, I'm good enough on a standard day that I always have a positive ratio, except when I'm on the team getting base raped.  Then I don't even manage to get the 5 kills required.  I've gone 3-30 a number of times now in that situation, and it's just not fun when a quarter of the games you play end up that way.   That's the reason I stopped playing BF2 for around 6 months, left a week after 1.1 rolled out and didn't come back until a week before 1.22.
TheOriginalUberN00b
+16|6511|Hereford,AZ. USA
the only reason they have server rules is cuz all the little 12 year olds complaining to much and yelling hax0r every 3 secs cuz there getting pwned
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6582
if i had a server i would have one rule....no raping of last flag.....u can spawn rape....and base rape...but not last flag rape..unless the last flag is uncap..it just keeps the game going so everyone gets more points
chuckle_hound
+32|6693|Edinburgh, Scotland

Green Jello wrote:

*snipped for idiocy*
Hmm let's see, we have an unmitigated insult and a load of other moaning.  So I'd say you're the one with a problem here kiddo.

Games and sports have rules for a reason, same way as life does.  Which is a shame, because if we lived life without rules I'd happily run you and your family over repeatedly to ensure you never ever produced any children.  Gotta keep the genetic pool clean you understand
schakl
+21|6715

Kamikaze17 wrote:

Tcx_1 wrote:

Daz wrote:

See my point?
thats definitely a good point.

for everyone that complains about spawn raping, you should just uninstall now. this is a game of war. you shouldnt get a safe place to sit. so quit your bitching.
So , you like it to be killed 1 second after spawn......
Also I found, that the real baserapers leave soon if someone starts that on them.
schakl
+21|6715

TheOriginalUberN00b wrote:

the only reason they have server rules is cuz all the little 12 year olds complaining to much and yelling hax0r every 3 secs cuz there getting pwned
Other peoples view might be:
The only reason why you don't like server rules is, your only skill is to shoot people at the spawn point.
People who insult have no argument.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard