cosmichippo
+5|6529|New Brunswick, Canada

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

i used firearms at 6, i used to shoot with my family at that age on a regular basis. i agree totally with what you said though. i was making a point of my own, his arguments are never fair or balanced. always half cocked, and intended to start shit.
I have to agree with you..I've read a lot of his posts, I smell shit disturber...wait a minute, maybe it really is RUPERT MURDOCH!!
ts-pulsar
+54|6545

AllmightyOz wrote:

Have to be 21 to buy a PISTOL (at least in ohio). If I can sign up for the army, go and die for my country, I should at least be able to own a pistol at the same age.

Guns I own:
Mossberg 20 gauge (very nice gun)
Daisy Legacy .22 (the one i got before i was born)
Savage Over-Under 20 gauge/22 (one of my favorites)
Taurus .38 (meh)
It's federal law that you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun, and I agree with you, it's stupid.  I could join the military at 18 and be issued a POS beretta (ok I hate the 92 series) pistol.  But god forbid someone tries to purchase one before they are 21.  I'm stuck in california and I have to pass a written test every five years to buy a handgun.  The test is full of anti-gun rhetoric and to pass it you have to think like feinstein.  Not really that hard to pass

I happen to be a gunsmithing student, and I'm around guns all day every day, and the more I'm exposed to guns, the more I find the anti-gun people seem to be out of touch with the reality of the issue.

And since we are listing our guns...

Guns I own:
Remington 870 12g
Remington 1100 12g
Remington 11 12g
Remington 700 I've accurized and converted to .338 Lapua
Remington 742 30'06
Winchester Model 70 in .243
Sporterized Arisaka in .300 Savage
Chilean Mauser (made in 1895)
Mexican Mauser in .308 (in the process of sporterising)
Springfield 1903'A3 sporterized
Marlin .22 Bolt action
Ruger 10/22
Mossberg 400 (it's a .22 lever action)
Rhineland Arms R22 (google this one, it's cool)
M1 Garand (I love shooting it)
Yugoslavian SKS
STG-58 FAL built on an Imbel Reciever (probably the gun I shoot the most, very comfortable, accurate and low recoil)
Romanian SVD (looks cool, uncomfortable as hell to shoot, length of pull is waaay too short for me)

I think that covers my long guns, I'm probably forgetting one or two though.
Handguns I own:
1911 .45 I've customized (I shoot this thing a lot)
Smith & Wesson K22 (good practice)
Ruger Mark II
Colt Police Positive (made in 1910)
Bulgarian Makarov
CZ-75D (it's my CCW piece)

Most of those guns are ones I bought for school, and I'm probably gonna sell about half the collection or more when I'm done with school.

And to think, a year ago before I started gunsmithing school I only had 3 guns
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6579|Carlsbad, CA, USA

cosmichippo wrote:

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

i used firearms at 6, i used to shoot with my family at that age on a regular basis. i agree totally with what you said though. i was making a point of my own, his arguments are never fair or balanced. always half cocked, and intended to start shit.
I have to agree with you..I've read a lot of his posts, I smell shit disturber...wait a minute, maybe it really is RUPERT MURDOCH!!
lol. but he claims to be irish, so i don't think so. i would +1 you but i already did today so it won't let me.
JG1567JG
+110|6631|United States of America
The gun confiscation in New Orleans came directly from the Chief or police and the disfunctional Mayor.
No national guard or military personal did any of the confiscation, it was all done by the local police and police that went in to help. The national guard and military had no police powers in New Orleans only rescue and aid.  The gun confiscation in New Orleans was promptly overturned by the courts thanks to a lawsuit against the city by the NRA. There have been many laws passed in States since Katrina that protect a persons right to keep their guns in a time of National or local Crisis. (i.e. Flooding, Hurricanes, Earthquaks, Terrorist Attacks)
President Bush is one of the most gun friendly presidents we have had in my 30 years of life.  He nominated John Ashcroft as the Atty. General who said that the second amendment garrantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.  He nominated Bolten to represent us at the U.N. who has already said that the U.S. will not sign any treaty on small arms that violets our second amendment rights.  He let Clintons cosmetic gun ban expire without pressuring congress or the senate to renew it.  I sure wouldn't blame the Bush administration for what the Democrats in New Orleans did.

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-07-26 16:52:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6814|PNW

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

America is out of place with them though. Children have guns there. Children my cousin's age. That's fucking 6!
What's wrong with that?  Teach a child from an early age that guns are tools, not toys, and misusing them can carry deadly consequences.
Indeed, the mystery and taboo associated with guns and rifles make them a more attractive plaything than, say, hammers and screwdrivers. The fault lies with media and culture, but proper training and immersion can fix this kind of view of firearms.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6582|The Lost Highway
Drink an killl you fyucking pussies.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6604

ts-pulsar wrote:

Guns I own..........
And you need all those to protect your country in case of invasion?
Ryan86th
+14|6544|Ohio

I'm Canadian and I like guns.

America is out of place with them though. Children have guns there. Children my cousin's age. That's fucking 6!
wtf? children dont have guns... they're parents buy them bb guns or maybe a .22, but GUNS? your fucking retarded
ts-pulsar
+54|6545

Bubbalo wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

Guns I own..........
If you'd read my entire post, you'd know I own all those guns because I am a gunsmithing student.  Each one of those guns operates differently (or has something major different), and I had to get them for class so I would have a gun to work on we I get to that section of class.

And if you'd paid attention to other people's posts, my country being invaded is about the last reason I'd own a gun, the military is here to protect me from invasion.  I own guns for several reasons.

A) Personal Enjoyment, if I'm having a bad day or I'm in a bad mood, I make my way out to the range and do some target shooting.  Shooting a gun accuratly is not an easy task, and focusing on doing it puts me in a much better mood.

B) Personal Protection

C) Cause I can

D) Because I believe an armed populous is the best way to prevent a corrupt government from taking over.

E) I think many guns are artwork.

F) Because douchebags like you think I shouldn't have them, and me having one just pisses you off just a little bit.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6686
what great feeling it is to have a shot group as tight as a penny
The_Fighting_69th
Combat medic
+6|6796
I love when one of my roommates brings home an anti-gun person...

Time to break'em all out and start doing some unnessary cleaning, lol.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6732|Tampa Bay Florida
I like guns, I don't any real ones but I love airsoft and my friends and I often play with those.  The only thing I don't like is how some people misuse them and act like it's a toy or something, but w.e. 

I personally don't see any reason for someone to own a semi-auto M16, but as long as they don't have a criminal record, then okay as long as they don't go on killing rampages like Columbine or something.

So, are there any other pro-gun liberals out there, besides me?

Now, maybe instead of having anti-gun people, we could spend a few million more on law enforcement

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-26 21:59:10)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6686

Spearhead wrote:

I like guns, I don't any real ones but I love airsoft and my friends and I often play with those.  The only thing I don't like is how some people misuse them and act like it's a toy or something, but w.e. 

I personally don't see any reason for someone to own a semi-auto M16, but as long as they don't have a criminal record, then okay as long as they don't go on killing rampages like Columbine or something.

So, are there any other pro-gun liberals out there, besides me?
Im a pro-gun liberal leaning kinda guy. but i dont like to label myself one way or the other. I agree with points from both sides of the political spectrum.  Id rather call my self a patriotic American for Americans.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-07-26 22:01:55)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

What's wrong with that?  Teach a child from an early age that guns are tools, not toys, and misusing them can carry deadly consequences.

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/9553/gunman5rr.jpg
Yeah, but the whole point of guns is to kill in the first place.  What a stupid pic, whoever made it has no f*ckin clue what their talking about.  That's like saying Microwaves aren't used for burning, they're used to cook stuff

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-26 22:02:04)

ts-pulsar
+54|6545

Spearhead wrote:

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

Yeah, but the whole point of guns is to kill in the first place.  What a stupid pic, whoever made it has no f*ckin clue what their talking about.  That's like saying Microwaves aren't used for burning, they're used to cook stuff
Your missing the point of that shirt.  All it's saying is quit blaiming gun's for crime.  A gun is just an inanimate object, it's not causing crime.  A gun is often involved in crimes, but by no means is it the cause.

I'm sure the founding fathers knew that gun's would be involved with crime when they wrote the constitution and the 2nd Ammendment.  But they knew that without an armed populace, government would run ammok and trample liberties.  Remember that one of the main reasons the revolution started was that Great Britain tried to confiscate the colonists firearms.  I can tell you that I don't believe I would go peacefully if I started seeing our government trying to confiscate our firearms on a mass scale.  I doubt that would ever happen though, do you know anyone who would want to go door to door asking that people please hand over there guns?
cosmichippo
+5|6529|New Brunswick, Canada

Spearhead wrote:

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

Actually, I think it is a very good analogy. It makes perfect sense. If you disagree with the pic...then you must also think that guns really do kill people?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6686
guns dont kill people, cardiac arrest kills people.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I know what you're saying, and I partially agree, but I think the argument is just a little dumb, at least IMO.  But I get what you're saying.  You're saying that guns don't LITERALLY kill people, someone has to be behind the trigger.  Alrite, but the way you're saying it implies that guns have no connection whatsoever to the crime, despite the fact they are DESIGNED to KILL.  That's at least how I'm seeing it

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-27 08:23:04)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6592|Southeastern USA
ignorance kills people, even if I were to shoot someone it would most likely be because they broke into my house, attacked my friends/family/myself, or some other stupid shit
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6611|Mountains of NC

10 handguns, 3 rifles , 2 shotguns

everyone has a hobby - guns are mine

Someone can be a car collector and no one questions that even if he is a raging alcholalic - I wonder who is more of a threat --- the law abiding citizen that owns guns for collection/hobby/sport/protection or the drunk driver doing 60 mph in the suburbs where kids play in the street and your wife or mom likes to jog around the neighborhood

I have my concealed carry permit and I believe everyone should review this class ( just once bc that video is BORING ) everyone would have a better understanding about guns, handling guns and the legal standing of situations of using the gun
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6687|Seattle, WA

Bubbalo wrote:

ts-pulsar wrote:

Guns I own..........
Also, it doesn't matter, guns are a hobby, just like collecting stamps or anything else.  You wouldn't understand.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6687|Seattle, WA

Spearhead wrote:

I personally don't see any reason for someone to own a semi-auto M16
Its just like any other rifle, it just has a larger carrying capacity than say a Remington semi-auto rifle.  Refer to my last post, Hobby....some firearms are nice to have because they are a part of history (M1 Garand, AK's, etc)

I personally don't see any reason why it should matter...unless someone wants to hurt someone.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6687|Seattle, WA

Spearhead wrote:

I know what you're saying, and I partially agree, but I think the argument is just a little dumb, at least IMO.  But I get what you're saying.  You're saying that guns don't LITERALLY kill people, someone has to be behind the trigger.  Alrite, but the way you're saying it implies that guns have no connection whatsoever to the crime, despite the fact they are DESIGNED to KILL.  That's at least how I'm seeing it
They are also designed to be enjoyed in competitions and just for fun.  Killing is one of the main reasons, but not the only one.  People are responsible for their behaviour, not their euqipment.  A guy recently tried to kill 2 guys in the subway in NYC, with a chainsaw, (laying near a construction site), chainsaws are dangerous too.  But ultimately it is the PERSON'S responsibility.  NOT their equipment.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6611|Mountains of NC

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

They are also designed to be enjoyed in competitions and just for fun.  Killing is one of the main reasons, but not the only one.  People are responsible for their behaviour, not their euqipment.  A guy recently tried to kill 2 guys in the subway in NYC, with a chainsaw, (laying near a construction site), chainsaws are dangerous too.  But ultimately it is the PERSON'S responsibility.  NOT their equipment.
exactly AlbertWesker - totally agree

No one blames the car when the drunk driver slams into a minivan killing half the familiy and of course the drunk is alive but I guess it easy to point the blame on guns ( until you are walking through a underground parking lot alone at 2 am and 2 bum looking guys are walking toward you then you'll wish you had one on your hip ) -------- I think its funny how some of these senators and congressman are trying to ban guns but with sales of firearms, ammo and other related items close to 2 billion dollars last year well I wonder how much tax money they made and how much they will make since sales are steadly going up ------- IF and thats a huge IF the ban would ever go through I wonder where they would make up for the tax money loss hmmmm maybe higher sales tax on everything or maybe send the gas tax up some more

a ban on guns would only take the guns away from the lawful citizens ( if they were able to get the guns like Charleston Heston said " Pry the guns from my cold, dead hands") instead of a ban how about stricter laws and harsher prisons, alot of people go to prisons to get away from the life they are living on the streets and actual using the death sentence would be a good curb agaist violence
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6779|Salt Lake City

A gun is a tool, nothing more.  Like many other tools, how it is used determines whether it is dangerous or not.  Right now I'm more worried about getting clobbered by some idiot talking on a cell phone while driving a 3000 pound vehicle at high speeds, than I am about getting shot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard