Poll

Will this be the last patch?

Yes51%51% - 144
No48%48% - 133
Total: 277
Chou
+737|6798
As long as it sells, it will be alive !!
TXVeteran512
+16|6499
sure as hell hope not
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6494|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
EA will keep BF2 alive for a while so everyone can buy 2142, but as soon as the servers fill up the will divert programmers away from BF2. Its all a question of cost of up keep and profits. Its a problem they run into with free online games. In the end EA has to turn a profit for the stock holders.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6547|GREAT Britain
more than likely, i would not be surprised one bit. i remember EA's command and conquer generals, they fixed a few bugs, made a load more, left it unfinished and unbalanced, then dropped support ignoring the community. and this game is not gonna be any different, its all money money money, and theyll be moving onto the next game after this patch to rake in more $$$

Last edited by ericcartmanisbest (2006-07-26 17:40:19)

SlyFox
+4|6668|Australia, Adelaide

-=5TON3D wrote:

i went lucky dip on this one & chose YES.

but the way i see bf2 patches though is like this.their like the last episode of a tv series,theres always something missing that leaves you pissed off having to wait ages for the next one to come out lol.
in a way i'm hoping 1.4 will be the last patch & they get the shit right this time.

other than maybe a few map only patches.
wishfull thinking maybe? lol,it'd be more like heres a map patch, p.s it also includes 40 new bugs & weve took all your guns away
Havent you noticed man, you have to pay your way nowdays for more maps...
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6572|UK

-=5TON3D wrote:

weve took all your guns away
grapling hook fight anyone?
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
Nahhh,zip line fights, followed by medic bag tag
Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA
hmmm medic bag tag...yea i think this might be the last patch for bf2
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Where is the "Don't have a clue" option?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
-=5TON3D
+42|6542|u.k

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

-=5TON3D wrote:

lol ive actualy been killed by a grapple,first day me & a mate got sf we was playin around with em tryin to get up high & his missed the ledge fell down & twatted me on the head & killed me.

oh & me & a few mates encountered a new bug the other day while on karkand,about 10 mins into the round people started to die randomly for no reason,but they could'nt respawn anywhere afterwards & either had to leave & rejoin or swap teams.when dead in the bug you still hd the view like your lying on the floor waiting to be revived yet couldnt be revived or call for medic,i lay there for at least a minute while my mate was trying to revive me & he said my body was standing upright with arms out to the side bit like when you go into spirit mode on prey lol,after i swapped teams i was ok for a few min's before it happened again,while running round i came across a few people sudenly stop running & stand there then start on chat with wtf messages lol.
never had none of the usual prob with connection bullshit or nothing so i think it was just a new type of server crash i'd not seen before.
anyone else come across this bug yet?,wish i'd took a vid of it & a few screenys but never had frapps running.
irok100
+114|6657

Penetrator_01 wrote:

I reckon they will keep having to release fix patches, as everytime they launch one, it screws something else up. I wouldn't be suprised if they sorted cartillery and tags bugs in 1.4, but accidentally lost all weapons...

Maybe they should concentrate on testing a game before they release it, making a working program on a stable platform!

Hopefully 2142 will be on an engine similar to HL2, which runs at a far greater framerate than BF2 could ever possibly dream of!
sorry to dissapoint but we already know that its the SAME engine as bf2
thefousteph
+8|6739
this seems to be an intend at a last patch. a few ints of it:

- they put a new map in it
- they put an infantry only mode
- they made it open beta so people WILL find bugs BEFORE making it official release

What's your tought?!
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

-=5TON3D wrote:

Ninja_Monkey wrote:

-=5TON3D wrote:

lol ive actualy been killed by a grapple,first day me & a mate got sf we was playin around with em tryin to get up high & his missed the ledge fell down & twatted me on the head & killed me.

oh & me & a few mates encountered a new bug the other day while on karkand,about 10 mins into the round people started to die randomly for no reason,but they could'nt respawn anywhere afterwards & either had to leave & rejoin or swap teams.when dead in the bug you still hd the view like your lying on the floor waiting to be revived yet couldnt be revived or call for medic,i lay there for at least a minute while my mate was trying to revive me & he said my body was standing upright with arms out to the side bit like when you go into spirit mode on prey lol,after i swapped teams i was ok for a few min's before it happened again,while running round i came across a few people sudenly stop running & stand there then start on chat with wtf messages lol.
never had none of the usual prob with connection bullshit or nothing so i think it was just a new type of server crash i'd not seen before.
anyone else come across this bug yet?,wish i'd took a vid of it & a few screenys but never had frapps running.
Yeah the same type of thing happened to me lastnight, would be running and bam.... dead, and all it would say was SgtHeihn is no more, like i commited suicide. Also was playing OP Harvest Mec team, applyed for commander position and it never gave it to me or anyone else. Went through the whole battle no commander, still won 180-0
zFeinT
+35|6676
I think it's a good idea they decided to let the community test 1.4; will it be the last?  The last major one - probably.   However, I do think they should get credit especially if they listen to the community on this one
Ether151
Banned
+22|6668

McKillem wrote:

Ill hate them if they stop....there are also people not looking forward to the new battlefield (like me).
Wich means im gunna be stuck with some half baked game wich crashes more frequently then Windows ME.

I dont like that whole new concept, if i want a futuristic battlefield i might aswell go play QuakeWars.
I like battlefield 2 for the whole uniqueness of its kind. They should work that out more.
I am with you on this one, I hate the whole futuristic laser gun war crap if I wanted a game like that I would be playing halo or something like that.  This was the first online game I have ever played and by far my favorit FPS, it is a war of today, not the past or 2041.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6665|San Francisco, CA
i think not. the bf2 community is still pretty big. I think EA will still keep a team on 2 and 2142. Yes, a majority of us MAY hop to 2142 and completely leave BF2, but will all of us? no.
thefousteph
+8|6739

Ether151 wrote:

McKillem wrote:

Ill hate them if they stop....there are also people not looking forward to the new battlefield (like me).
Wich means im gunna be stuck with some half baked game wich crashes more frequently then Windows ME.

I dont like that whole new concept, if i want a futuristic battlefield i might aswell go play QuakeWars.
I like battlefield 2 for the whole uniqueness of its kind. They should work that out more.
I am with you on this one, I hate the whole futuristic laser gun war crap if I wanted a game like that I would be playing halo or something like that.  This was the first online game I have ever played and by far my favorit FPS, it is a war of today, not the past or 2041.
Hahahahaha! Quake What?????????

Most of the community has complained about Bunny hopping (thinking it was great was almost a "kick my butt, please" kind of thing)

Hi personally hate bunny hopping. Now imagine bonny hopping with jet pack. It's total shit.
I N-E-V-E-R played quake and will never. Even though i like futuristic game.

BF2142 is something i look forward because:

- New improved Ranking system (with cool rewards)
- new weapon and new vehicules in a BF game
- New squad improvement
- New maps

Please stop talking about that futuristic game, it's not even 1/10 of the BF gameplay i like.

Who's with me?!?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
Of course it will be & they will leave it unfinished. They have done this in the past , they will continue to practice the methods that have earned them money in the past. We can only hope for a mod that will dispel all of the evil dice bugs & give us twice as many maps too play on. One thing is for sure though, that bug fix team needs to go back & work for McDonald's.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
yeah, no shit they do. BF Vietnam, that ever get fixed? I still have a copy lol
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6707|Taiwan
w00t! 78:78 even!
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6738|Michigan
Not sure if it will be the last... kinda looks like it though.

I just wish they would release a mini patch called 1.31 to fix the CTD and server crashing now and then finnish the 1.4 so we can at least play the damn game while we wait.
That is my only complaint.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.
I don't think so.

At least they had MOH:PA better before they quit on it. And BF2 is a much more popular game than that.

I don't think so, but 49% think that this is the last. Who knows?
jOiNt_frAGGeR
+11|6661

Delta_38DS wrote:

Since EA has an open beta for 1.4, it seems like it would be the perfect patch, but looking at other patches... you know...

Chances are there will be a MAJOR bug or unbalance that will require another patch to fix the patch.
like in WoW...havent played it yet but a friend told me that blizzard needed patches to fix the last patch..xP

EDIT: think that it would be the last one...but i hope like the other that im wrong with this feeling...

Last edited by jOiNt_frAGGeR (2006-07-30 12:35:26)

Hyper
Banned
+154|6758

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if 2142 was a failure and everyone went back to BF2, lol.
like bfv?
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6666| United States of America
<sarcasm> will this be the last patch? i hope not, they do such good to the game! </sarcasm>

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard