Darth_Rambo
+22|6716|Raleigh, NC
Darth_Rambo

Scores

Team                   10236
Combat                24744
Commander           5055
Suicides                  -508     (-2)(254)
Team Kills             -1768     (-4)(442)
Team Damage        -512      (-2)(256)
Vehicle Damage      -135

My Total Score      37112
EA Global Score    36368

Difference              -744   <------What am I missing!?!?!
                                                Do TK Punishes add extra neg. points?

Last edited by Darth_Rambo (2006-07-26 10:51:13)

el.fleisch
+52|6752|Germany
Teamscore minus ammo/heal/repair points during commander
Combatscore minus kills during commander

Last edited by el.fleisch (2006-07-26 10:54:43)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6704|UK
yeh^^^
you could get 50 kils as commander and 0 points for it
chittydog
less busy
+586|6844|Kubra, Damn it!

You don't earn any ammo/heal/repair points while commander.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6844|Kubra, Damn it!

el.fleisch wrote:

Combatscore minus kills during commander
Ah, good call.
el.fleisch
+52|6752|Germany

chittydog wrote:

You don't earn any ammo/heal/repair points while commander.
you dont see the point during the round, but they are in your profile later
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=36531
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6609|Warwickshire, England
Could it be that some players punished for the teamkill and some players didn't?
Dr_3V|L
+51|6734|Twente, The Netherlands

gbr.hitman wrote:

Could it be that some players punished for the teamkill and some players didn't?
Punishing does not affect scores of the guy you punished. The only thing you get when you punish someone is a free ticket to hell.
el.fleisch
+52|6752|Germany

gbr.hitman wrote:

If you punish a player for a teamkill, he will be kicked with some votes less if a kick-vote would started. No influence to your score.

EDIT: damn... too late

Last edited by el.fleisch (2006-07-26 11:02:35)

Darth_Rambo
+22|6716|Raleigh, NC
I understand that Commander Kills and Team activites do not add points to your 'Team' or 'Combat' score.
So those scores are correct. Also, my Commander score represents only the total cumulative score I get at the end of a round.

So, again, were is the disgrepancey??
Darth_Rambo
+22|6716|Raleigh, NC
From WiKi:

"Global Score
The global score is the sum of your team score, combat score and commander score. It is the sum of all the gained points.

Note : Your global score will often not add up to your team, combat and commander scores. This is because of the negative points you will receive for suicides, tk’s and all other negative point gaining activities. "

So were am I missing  those extra -744 activites!?!?

Last edited by Darth_Rambo (2006-07-26 11:09:00)

My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6629

Darth_Rambo wrote:

I understand that Commander Kills and Team activites do not add points to your 'Team' or 'Combat' score.
So those scores are correct. Also, my Commander score represents only the total cumulative score I get at the end of a round.

Umm If you haven't noticed ea and dice haven't gotten anything right sence the start so maybe they forgot to go to math class ins highschool
el.fleisch
+52|6752|Germany

Darth_Rambo wrote:

No....
The commander points are every point earned by a member of your team during your reign as commander divided by the total of living team members at the given time.

BUT: Kills with artillery will count towards you global kills and kills with the kit you are using but do not directly add points to your score.

And the same with the teampoints as commander. If you revive someone, you dont get 2 points but you can find the point in your stats.
Darth_Rambo
+22|6716|Raleigh, NC

el.fleisch wrote:

Darth_Rambo wrote:

No....
The commander points are every point earned by a member of your team during your reign as commander divided by the total of living team members at the given time.

BUT: Kills with artillery will count towards you global kills and kills with the kit you are using but do not directly add points to your score.

And the same with the teampoints as commander. If you revive someone, you dont get 2 points but you can find the point in your stats.
What do you mean 'No'?

You just repeated what I said above:
1. Commander Kills and Team Activities  DO NOT add points to your 'Team' or 'Combat' scores.
    But my Global Kills count, currently 12372 for me, would be incremented for each Commander kill.
    Same for Team Activity counts. Repairs (337) would be incremented for each Commander repair.
2. My overall Commander score is the total of all the 'end of round' scores I get as Commander.
el.fleisch
+52|6752|Germany
If you have an new account with 0 point and 0 kills. Now, your 1st game, you are commander.
You make 12 kills with arty and at the end of the round your have 37 point.
Then, you can find 12 kills in your profil:
Global 37
Team 0
Combat 24
Commander 37

because the combat score is Kills x2
You currently: 12,372 x2 = 24,744
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6741|Germany, near Koblenz
Sorry man, no chance! Unless you never play commander you can't calculate your global score!

The only correct (= equal to ingame messages) scores shown on a stats page are commander and team score.

The combat score is only a theoretic calculation of kills x 2. Since all type of kills while beeing commander are included, this score is rubbish.

If you add up all team actions you will not hit your team score, since actions while being commander won't bring you points but will be counted.

Same goes with any type of team damage. After patch ?.?? arty damage no longer affects your score, allthough it's shown in your stats.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6688|Denver, CO

Darth_Rambo wrote:

From WiKi:
So were am I missing  those extra -744 activites!?!?
Right... like the people before said

All that is are the 'points' you COULD have scored while being a commander.  That means Teampoints/Kills that you made while in the commander position, they are still recorded and count towards your Team/Combat points.  But they do NOT count toward your Global Score.

In your case thats about 350 kills you made with Arty or Combat commander... plus some odd points from teamplay and base capture ... thats all ignored in the final GP count.

Like Firestorm for example is "missing" about 200,000 points from this.

You're not really 'missing' those points.  All your commander score is still being added.  Basically, the Team/Combat points are not really being calculated correctly.  They don't really show what you EARNED... they just take all your kills*2=combat and team-activity*x=team.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6688|Denver, CO
hmmm.... I did some research myself... and this is what I found:

INCSOC-Subject1 wrote:

Global 8,194
Team 2,026
Combat 6,194
Commander 0

Difference: -26
REAL BREAKDOWN:
Teamwork  ---         2321
Captured CP  97        194
Capture Assist  113    113
Defended CP  68         68
Kill Assist  573       573
Heal 174               174
Revive 351             702
Support 455            455
Repair 0
Driver 42               42

Combat --             6196
Vehicles 198
Weapons 2900

Negatives ---         -389
Suicides  27           -54     
TKills 60             -240
Damage 46              -92
Vehicle Damage 3        -3

TOTALS: 8128
Difference: +66 ??

See conclusion for 'correct' calculation formula
As you can see... the commander score does not play a role here but there're certain things that are strange.
First of all the teamwork score total is much different than the Team score
Secondly, one kill seems to get lost somewhere. (-2 difference in combat scores)
Lastly, the scores STILL don't add up.  You actually end up with LESS score now... and none of the numbers really match it... very peculiar.
----------------------------

INCSOC-Subject2 wrote:

Global 459
Team 115
Combat 364
Commander 0

Difference: -20
REAL BREAKDOWN:
Teamwork  ---          139
Captured CP  7          14
Capture Assist  7        7
Defended CP  5           5
Kill Assist  44         44
Heal 1                   1
Revive 3                 6
Support 1                1
Repair 7                 7
Driver 54               54

Combat --              366
Vehicles 99
Weapons 84

Negatives Total ---   -58
Suicides  4            -8     
TKills 10             -40
Damage 5              -10
Vehicle Damage 0       -0

TOTALS: 447
Difference: +12
Similar results just on a smaller scale...

Edit:

Conclusion: ... Something is very strange about the stats calculation.  It's not off by much in the beginning... but turns worse progressively.  My feeling is that

1. either not ALL stats get recorded individually (correctly)
2. something ELSE plays a small factor into the scoring
3. we're missing something

Further research:

After some further playing with numbers i have found the following... this worked 3/4 cases:

Total Score adds up with the following formula:
(THEIR Combat Score)+(My Teamwork Score)+(Defended CP.. again)-(Negatives)=TOTAL GP!!!
I.e. Subject1: 6194+2321+68-389 = 8194!!! yay
Subject2 unfortunatelly is still off...: 364+139+5-58 = 450 (closer... but 9 points?? wtf)
Subject3,4 did work out but its too long to list them.  Subjects5,6,7 were off by 1 point.

from which i conclude...
1.  Defended CP brings 2 points.. not 1. 
2.  while there are STILL weird inconsistancies in some cases.  And the being the commander can make your score completely senseless.

Last but not least (from last part of my research): 
Things which play a factor in your stats but are impossible to account for:
1.  Teampoints made while in Commander position
2.  Kills made while in Commander position
3.  Negatives resulting in a Negative Score end of round.  (Rounded up to zero)

Last edited by INCSOC (2006-07-26 13:33:58)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6603|Iceland
my GS is: 116,392 but it sould be 118,522

idc
el.fleisch
+52|6752|Germany
That helps you maybe:

At first, take somebody who was never commander:
http://bf2s.com/player/45675140/

Now, I got it:
Teamwork Score = 2x Captured CP + Capture Assist + Defended CP + Kill Assist + Heal + 2x Revive + Support + Repair + Driver - 4x Teamkills - 2x Teamdamage - Team Vehicle Damage - 2x Suicides
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6688|Denver, CO
close.... Defended CP is doubled in the final GP count... i've done 10 different players so far and i'm pretty sure of it. 

Here's the 'FINAL' Formula for GP Calculation

GP = Commander_Points + 2xTotal_Kit_Kills + 2xCaptured CP + Capture_Assist + 2xDefended_CP + Kill_Assist + Heal + 2xRevive + Support + Repair + Driver + [Sum of Negative Score Rounds] - 4xTeamkills - 2xTeam_Dammage - Team_Vehicle_Dammage - 2xSuicides - 2xCommander_Kills - Commander_Team_Points

With my formula: -=[FRA]=-brunoo stat calculation:
GP = 0 + 163684 + 32116 + 13211 + 6848 + 21977 + 15469 + 51260 + 8946 + 1197 + 14751 + [22] - 12204 - 4244 - 209 - 3504 - 0 - 0 = 309,320

where [Sum of Negative Score Rounds] = 22 points was the only unknown factor which is totaly possible.

Last edited by INCSOC (2006-07-26 14:29:09)

Darth_Rambo
+22|6716|Raleigh, NC

INCSOC wrote:

close.... Defended CP is doubled in the final GP count... i've done 10 different players so far and i'm pretty sure of it. 

GP = Commander_Points + 2xTotal_Kit_Kills + 2xCaptured CP + Capture_Assist + 2xDefended_CP + Kill_Assist + Heal + 2xRevive + Support + Repair + Driver + [Sum of Negative Score Rounds] - 4xTeamkills - 2xTeam_Dammage - Team_Vehicle_Dammage - 2xSuicides - 2xCommander_Kills - Commander_Team_Points

With my formula: -=[FRA]=-brunoo stat calculation:
GP = 0 + 163684 + 32116 + 13211 + 6848 + 21977 + 15469 + 51260 + 8946 + 1197 + 14751 + [22] - 12204 - 4244 - 209 - 3504 - 0 - 0 = 309,320

where [Sum of Negative Score Rounds] = 22 points was the only unknown factor which is totaly possible.
Awesome Work........thx!
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6741|Germany, near Koblenz

INCSOC wrote:

The term is obvious, but what is the sense of a term with three or four variables here? With this term my general points will look like:

+ Commander_Points = 36,341
+ 2xTotal_Kit_Kills = 48,106
+ 2xCaptured CP = 8,954
+ Capture_Assist = 2,483
+ 2xDefended_CP = 2,732 (I absolutely don't believe in the doubling!)
+ Kill_Assist = 2,999
+ Heal = 821
+ 2xRevive = 1,624
+ Support = 1,197
+ Repair = 869
+ Driver = 1,178
+ [Sum of Negative Score Rounds] = unknow (guessed -15 for me; small factor for regular players)
- 4xTeamkills = 2,120
- 2xTeam_Dammage = 556
- Team_Vehicle_Dammage = 113
- 2xSuicides = 704
- 2xCommander_Kills = unknown
- Commander_Team_Points = unknown
+/- some small (average player) differences due to technical issues

= GP = 103,796

Due to BFHQ it's only 84,640, so you just can supose that i did something while being commander, which would be worth around 19,000 points for normal soldiers.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6688|Denver, CO

DerGraueWolf wrote:

+ 2xDefended_CP = 2,732 (I absolutely don't believe in the doubling!)
I'm pretty certain this is correct.  I've done a considerable number of calculations on different players with no commander score, and the results are all indicating this.  You're more than welcome to try this out... just start from the back of the commander leader board.  Let me know if your calculations show otherwise.

DerGraueWolf wrote:

- 2xCommander_Kills = unknown
- Commander_Team_Points = unknown
+/- some small (average player) differences due to technical issues
I know ... this is very unfortunate that we cannot better estimate these values.  But maybe since now we have truly identified all the variables involved, Chuy or someone else with access to the data feed can somehow play around with the data to see if we can get these somehow.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6856|"Frisco"

To be quite honest, the GS has NEVER worked right. Mostly due to the command thing (as noted here). If you guys want some CSV's of player profiles I could put those together so you could play with the data a bit more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard