AllmightyOz
+50|6499|United States - Ohio
Who cares if Israel kills innocent civiallians and UN peacekeepers. Hezbollah would kill innocent Israel's and UN members in a heart beat. I think Israel sent a good message to the UN, that being SUPPORT US OR DIE. No one called for a cease fire when the United States went to Afghanistan to take out terrorists. Israel is going to Lebanon to take out terrorists. Israel has every right in the world to go in, exact their revenge, and take out Hezbollah.
PRiMACORD
+190|6638|Home of the Escalade Herds

Spumantiii wrote:

The particular base has been in use by the UN since 1976, 30 years, and has never attempted to hide their identities.  Israel claims it's policy is not to attack civilians or the UN.  Khofi Annan (sp)  is accusing Israel of knowingly attacking the outpost.   Israel, with the most competent intel agencies in the world, made a boo boo.  This is a perfect example of how
A) precision weapons are as precise as the CHOSEN target.
B) Israel disregards our concerns and would rather shoot first.
C) Israel is also gulity of terrorism.
To all you Israel lovers please read the above again.

This base isn't new, it's been there for 30 YEARS. Israel supposedly has the most competent intel agency...uhh??

What the fuck.

To you guys saying they had nothing to gain, uhm so what? They have killed palestinians picnicing at a beach with artillery from a ship and then said they were just shelling the beach and that they were not responsible. What reason did they have to do that? They don't seem to care, it's like they have the taste of blood from what happened in the past and want to inflict the same fate on others.

It's also funny how Hezbullah with there ghetto rockets seem to have less trouble then the state of the art IDF and there high tech 20th century 'precision' missiles.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575

Spumantiii wrote:

here Is  claims that it was the other guys who did it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a … p;ito=1490
No, there it claims that Israel claims that Hizballah did it.

PuckMercury wrote:

do you punish the manufacturer of the gun in murder trials?  A tool is neither good nor evil, neither it its manufacturer.  The morality lies in they who impliment it.
How about if a manufacturer gives a gun as a free gift to someone in the middle of a gang war?

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Accidents Happen Now and Again.
And the last time someone died on that show was when, exactly?

TXVeteran512 wrote:

best rule is your not there to know the full details so done Assume that you do cause you might make a ASS of U and ME
And everytime someone says that, a fluffy little kitten dies.  Why do you hate kittens so much?  What did they do to hurt you?

PuckMercury wrote:

I do not know the full story surrounding that, but I see one critical and defining difference.  The Chinese Embassy is sovereign Chinese territory and property of China - not an international conglomerate of nations
Oh, I see, so people who are helping their country are worth more than people who are trying to help everyone, regardless of nationality?

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The fact that they can't run safe public transportation without someone blowing up every now and then.
As compared to the Palestinians, who spend most of their time more concerned about getting food than taking a bus ride.

Viper007Bond wrote:

Sometimes I feel they just both blow each other up completely and be done with it.
I'm so sick of hearing dumbasses say this.  I wish the people who make stupid comments like this would hurry up and die.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

honestly though, what are you gonna expect when you got observers observing in an extremely hot area.  its like sticking your head in a lions mouth and complaining after he takes a yummy bite.
So, you complain that they don't do anything, then when they get killed trying to do something, you tell them they shouldn't have done it?  I'm dissapointed, Gunslinger.  I expect better from you.

For the record, I think it's Israel punishing the UN for criticising it's actions.  Those bastards are blood-thirsty monsters.  Before this, I had some measure of sympathy for Israel, slim though it was.  Now, I'm closing to wishing them death.  Very close.
Reciprocity
+721|6594|the dank(super) side of Oregon

AllmightyOz wrote:

Who cares if Israel kills innocent civiallians and UN peacekeepers. Hezbollah would kill innocent Israel's and UN members in a heart beat. I think Israel sent a good message to the UN, that being SUPPORT US OR DIE. No one called for a cease fire when the United States went to Afghanistan to take out terrorists. Israel is going to Lebanon to take out terrorists. Israel has every right in the world to go in, exact their revenge, and take out Hezbollah.
Are you high out of your fucking mind?  Those U.N. people we UNARMED OBSERVERS not peacekeepers.  They were on no side.  They were just there watching what was going on.
BVC
+325|6709

AllmightyOz wrote:

If I could -1 you I would, and if you said that to me in person at the pub I'd knock your fuckin teeth out!  Unfortunately for me this is the internet and all I can do is use a few nasty words...in the interests of keeping my criminal record clear thats probably for the best.  I know some people over there working for the UN, and I'd rather not see their names in the funeral section of the paper because Israel decided to bomb their work for whatever reason.

Israel knew what it was, where it was, and that it was neutral.  And they bombed it anyway.  So basically...fuck Israel, and fuck anyone who supports them after this.

Last edited by Pubic (2006-07-25 23:30:07)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

put yourself in the shoes of an Israeli soldier, or commander for that matter.  In this case you are trying to win a war, not hearts and minds.  I hate the idea of civilians being hurt, I hate it!  I dont know what I could say without sounding like a heartless bastard but to make an omelette.....
Winning a war and bombing civilians is different.  I am sure you have seen how terrorists work.  You can't just lob bombs into suspected terrorist areas.  Especially when they purposely hide in civilian areas.  Realistically, warnings by Israel are not going to make everyone leave an area they (civilians) have built up through years of conflict.  Anger may be driving the minds of the IDF, let's not forget Hezbollah has two soldiers, and anger may be clouding rationality here.  As for the collateral damage, yes, it is a part of war, albeit a horrible one.  Terrorist/Civilian death ratios are not too good right now, not even 50/50.  I'd say the omelette is never gonna happen.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-07-25 23:37:02)

PRiMACORD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Terrorist/Civilian death ratios are not too good right now, not even 50/50.
Last i heard they had killed 6 Hezbullah members and around what, 350 civilians (aprox).

So thats like 58 civilians for every terrorist they've killed, haha. Good shit.

This world is going down the shitter if that is deemed even close to acceptable.
alpinestar
+304|6609|New York City baby.

AllmightyOz wrote:

I care, I also hope you get AIDS and die the same day cure becomes available.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6657

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

put yourself in the shoes of an Israeli soldier, or commander for that matter.  In this case you are trying to win a war, not hearts and minds.  I hate the idea of civilians being hurt, I hate it!  I dont know what I could say without sounding like a heartless bastard but to make an omelette.....
Winning a war and bombing civilians is different.  I am sure you have seen how terrorists work.  You can't just lob bombs into suspected terrorist areas.  Especially when they purposely hide in civilian areas.  Realistically, warnings by Israel are not going to make everyone leave an area they (civilians) have built up through years of conflict.  Anger may be driving the minds of the IDF, let's not forget Hezbollah has two soldiers, and anger may be clouding rationality here.  As for the collateral damage, yes, it is a part of war, albeit a horrible one.  Terrorist/Civilian death ratios are not too good right now, not even 50/50.  I'd say the omelette is never gonna happen.
agreed.  too bad the actual parties involved dont see it that way though
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

alpinestar wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

I care, I also hope you get AIDS and die the same day cure becomes available.
Who cares man, don't buy into his ignorance just let it be.  If we ignore him, maybe he won't post mindless bullshit.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Well damn it, some one tell the powers that be to read the Debate section of BF2s!

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-07-25 23:50:34)

PRiMACORD

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Well damn it, some one tell the powers that be to read the Debate section of BF2s!
They are busy teamkilling
T0rr3nt
+54|6590|Michigan
ffs get over it, people fuck up.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
Tell that to the people who died.  Or the Israelis.  Maybe they should get over their people when they die.
PRiMACORD

T0rr3nt wrote:

ffs get over it, people fuck up.
When would it be a problem?

Say tommorow they kill 40 civilians in an accident, should we get over that because people fuck up? What about 400, 4000, 40000? How many people have to die before we can actually discuss it and not 'get over it'.

Your logic fails.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6645|Finland

PRiMACORD wrote:

This world is going down the shitter if that is deemed even close to acceptable.
QFE

If everything happening now accumulates in the same manner it has for some years now, we will be in a world of shit. WWIII will begin in the Middle East, and i fear it's not far from now. Actually, I'm not sure if it already has begun.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-07-26 01:00:59)

I need around tree fiddy.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6657
is this the end of the League of Nat....I mean the UN?

compare and contrast anyone?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6575
No.  The UN will only end when the US decides it wants it to end.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6854|Cologne, Germany

Kofi looked pretty pissed in his earlier statement. He even accused Israel of purposely targeting the UN observers, a very serious accusation. Given the fact that the UN post has been there for the better part of 30 years, and given the reputation of the IDF intelligence, I really cannot say I am fully convinced this was an "accident"...

Israel has lost it, IMHO. They are obviously not achieving their goal ( getting the POW's free ) and their actions are bound to alienate them further.

We'll see how the day plays out. I believe though that it is maybe time for those who have supported Israel no matter what they do to seriously reconsider their approach.
PekkaA
+36|6678|Finland
UN also had been reminding Israel all day long about that post being there.
HM1{N}
+86|6658|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

PekkaA wrote:

UN also had been reminding Israel all day long about that post being there.
Like I said earlier, it was intentional.  Erase all evidence of what is really going on...
BlokieBF2
+11|6665
where is the Lebanese army ? - I thought the whole point of having an army was to defend your borders
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6546|Denmizzark!!

Capt. Foley wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

I bet america regrets bomb deliveries to Israel now.
I bet your mom seriously regrets having somthing as horrible, racist, stupid as you.
You surely have the IQ of a wooden door..
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
Source: BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5217176.stm

Israel troops 'ignored' UN plea 

UN peacekeepers in south Lebanon contacted Israel 10 times before an Israeli bomb killed four UN personnel, sources familiar with a UN report say.
The post was hit by a precision-guided missile after six hours of shelling nearby, diplomats familiar with the initial probe into the deaths say.

The news comes during crisis talks in Rome seeking to end the fighting between Hezbollah and Israel.

The UN secretary general has called for a ceasefire, as fighting continues.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6854|Cologne, Germany

on the radio it said the four dead UN observers were from

China
Austria
Finland and
Canada

I wonder what the chinese have to say about this.
phlyry
+1|6567

PuckMercury wrote:

oooh, NPR ... that clarifies it

Think of it this way - what the hell would Israel have to gain from blasting a UN outpost?

alpinestar wrote:

I bet america regrets bomb deliveries to Israel now.
do you punish the manufacturer of the gun in murder trials?  A tool is neither good nor evil, neither it its manufacturer.  The morality lies in they who impliment it.
Great point!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard