PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6793|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I would agree with you myselfalex.  That doesn't make it fair for others to get experience on the helos or jets.
KB77Hell
+0|6738|T.O. Canada
Somebody please tell me how, in the beginning stages of a round, how you're supposed to tell if someone is better than someone else in a chopper, plane etc...  I'm crap, but the guy yelling at me to bail out could be worse.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6761
its pretty simple you DO NOT jump into a ranked server with the intent of getting practice fying. that simply fucks over your team and takes out a big earner on your team. and yes you do need to practice in a single player / empty server / non ranked server , i did .. and i got better subsequently... you get the vehicle EVERY time as long as you want it and it is much better practice than just hoppin in and wasting it.. and i dont give a shit how much time you haev to play the game .. im sorry i only get to play bf2 for an hour a week so i take that time to shit on every game i join ... no thx uninstall please ...........

if you see some pvt pfc w/e low rank hop into it and say lets go .. sorry no i dont have to coax you into thinking about why you shouldnt do that ... if you want to practice then by all means do it but is basic etiquitte that you DO NOT practice in a ranked server .. cuz you ruin the fuckin game ... simple...
nervousquirrel
+0|6746

chitlin wrote:

its pretty simple you DO NOT jump into a ranked server with the intent of getting practice fying. that simply fucks over your team and takes out a big earner on your team. and yes you do need to practice in a single player / empty server / non ranked server , i did .. and i got better subsequently... you get the vehicle EVERY time as long as you want it and it is much better practice than just hoppin in and wasting it.. and i dont give a shit how much time you haev to play the game .. im sorry i only get to play bf2 for an hour a week so i take that time to shit on every game i join ... no thx uninstall please ...........

if you see some pvt pfc w/e low rank hop into it and say lets go .. sorry no i dont have to coax you into thinking about why you shouldnt do that ... if you want to practice then by all means do it but is basic etiquitte that you DO NOT practice in a ranked server .. cuz you ruin the fuckin game ... simple...
Amen. Oh, and if some dood, asks you to jump out, and you see some guy seemingly 'waiting' to get in, think about it...
KB77Hell
+0|6738|T.O. Canada

nervousquirrel wrote:

chitlin wrote:

I'm all for practicing im single player but I've been in plenty of games where jackasses are tk'ing each other and telling people to get out of the chopper, only to see it respawn 20 seconds later cause they got their asses handed to them.  That in my mind makes me just as eligible to fly a chopper as them.

Amen. Oh, and if some dood, asks you to jump out, and you see some guy seemingly 'waiting' to get in, think about it...
If you've never noticed, there's usually a number of guys "seemingly" waiting to get in.  So many so at times that a team can lose a round.
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6743
First Come, First Serve

Everything else I need to say has been said by Soup Nazi

Last edited by Pineapple_Pez (2005-11-16 21:11:01)

unforgiven5150
+0|6778|Phoenix, AZ

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

First Come, First Serve

Amen, brutha. This ridiculous nonsense about "uninstall the game'... Fuck off! I paid the same amount you did. You sound like spoiled brats. "WAAAA, he isn't as good as I think I am and I really WANTED to fly". If I get there first and you THINK you are better than me, thats YOUR problem. I realize I can't fly for shit, so I don't. But I gun pretty damn well. I think just about all of my silver and gold stars are from gunning. In fact, most of the problems I have are with helo-whores that THINK they can fly, do stupid shit and end up crashing or not getting the fuck out of the way when someone is shooting at us. I have ran with some GREAT pilots too.

Bottom line is, you, nor your friends have any more right to helo, tank, jet or whatever than anyone else in the game no matter how good you are. If you need to helo-whore that bad, put your money with your mouth is, admin your own server and make a stupid fucking rule that you will be blasted for here stating only you and your friends can fly.

Its a game people. Play it for fun. If someone not allowing you to fly or not with your friend is not fun, don't be a dick, just leave the server and find another.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6770|Atlanta, GA USA

unforgiven5150 wrote:

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

First Come, First Serve

Amen, brutha. This ridiculous nonsense about "uninstall the game'... Fuck off! I paid the same amount you did. You sound like spoiled brats. "WAAAA, he isn't as good as I think I am and I really WANTED to fly". If I get there first and you THINK you are better than me, thats YOUR problem. I realize I can't fly for shit, so I don't. But I gun pretty damn well. I think just about all of my silver and gold stars are from gunning. In fact, most of the problems I have are with helo-whores that THINK they can fly, do stupid shit and end up crashing or not getting the fuck out of the way when someone is shooting at us. I have ran with some GREAT pilots too.

Bottom line is, you, nor your friends have any more right to helo, tank, jet or whatever than anyone else in the game no matter how good you are. If you need to helo-whore that bad, put your money with your mouth is, admin your own server and make a stupid fucking rule that you will be blasted for here stating only you and your friends can fly.

Its a game people. Play it for fun. If someone not allowing you to fly or not with your friend is not fun, don't be a dick, just leave the server and find another.
Amen!
pfcilng
+0|6766|Northern Illinois University

Possum61 wrote:

You know this game is a lot better from 8 to 3. when the kiddies are in school   
I second that
unforgiven5150
+0|6778|Phoenix, AZ

pfcilng wrote:

Possum61 wrote:

You know this game is a lot better from 8 to 3. when the kiddies are in school   
I second that
I heard that!
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6751
dont you really hate when you jump into a jet/heli with a bud, and you both are actually either vent'ing or in a squad VoiP'ing, and you are doing really really well? and then some n00b comes along and jumps in the chopper? isnt that annoying? here you are, totally supporting your other team members, communicating well with your squadmates and your commander, and working together really well, and then some jackass wants to get his gun on for his own personal benifit?

me personally, i find that annoying as hell.

like when i was flying, took off in an F-18, and flew the entire round in just that F-18. never shot down. took down the opposing Su-30 like 10 times. every time hed take off, id gun him into the ground. did that for two rounds. on the third round of that map, some chump joins and takes the jet before i could get it. wrecks it. takes it again; gets killed. takes it again, gets killed with AA. by this time im taking flags and *getting pounded by the opposing SU-30*...

this is why i avoid flying choppers. im not good at it. if i want to fly a chopper, i practice in single player or on unranked. normally, i just dont fly choppers. i also dont drive when im in a squad either; squad leader should always drive.

maybe im just the only one willing to take a role thats best for the team, instead of selfishly being a brat.

8 to 3, amen.
ABURN
+0|6780
The moral to this post is , EVERYONE stop being a douche bag play to win not to TK or be a vehicle whore. If someone won't take off give hime the big FU and go find something else for the person that wont take off quit being a fag and play obsiouly you died and the heli respawned. Stop dying and you and your fuck buddy can play the heli all round. Vheicle whores and whinners both suck

PLAY THE FUCKING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unforgiven5150
+0|6778|Phoenix, AZ
I'm all for doing what is best for the team, which is why I don't fly. I do find it annoying when I'm on a good run with a good pilot, we crash and get seperated. However, I don't get pissy and start screaming "Bail Out", refuse to fly or TK each other for it.

Why is it for his own personal benefit anyway? Could it be even possible he just might be a better gunner or pilot that you or I? Maybe it would benefit the team more if he flew or gunned. In your case of the pilot, obviously not, but there was no way for you to know that until you give them a chance.

You may see it as being selfish or a being a brat, I see it as having just as much right as you or I to flying or gunning. Sometimes doing what is best for the team is letting someone else take the position you want...
KB77Hell
+0|6738|T.O. Canada

unforgiven5150 wrote:

Pineapple_Pez wrote:

First Come, First Serve

A BIG AMEN to that!!!!  These assholes who think they rule!
Ethereal_Drag0n
+0|6748|Villa Park, IL
ok, I REALLY enjoy flying the cobra chopper... I am not the greatest, and have really gotten the hang of flying it lately..... I admit that I am not to good when it comes to using the missles, but whatever.... When I feel that I need practice with the cobra, I am not a dick, I simply disconnect, go to single player, and play on the Dallian Plant map, because it has the attack chopper....

I was playing on Fushe Pass last night, flying the cobra, and wasn't doing too great with the missles, but some guy was the gunner, and doing pretty good, every time we would re-spawn, he would beat me to the chopper, and hop in the gunner seat...

So, for those of you that want to PRACTICE FLYING THE COBRA, DO IT IN SINGLE PLAYER!!!
chitlin
Banned
+36|6761
all the people talkin shit about amen anyone should be able to take it are the EXACT problem ... ok i tottaly agree thAt there isnt some sort of im better than you so i get all the good vehicles ..but its still just good manners not to fuck ove your team and take a ranked server to be your practice session ...

the dude tking is a total twat and can eat shit. even if there is some moron who cant gun sitting in my gunner ill still take off cuz i dont need him i can kill just fine without a gunner. its a shame but bottom line ill text please get out then ill say bail out and if youre just a stubborn twat ok fine i wont set you up for tvcameras and i wont hover for you ever and i will dive around take all the kills and you can just be a retarded spectator.

HAVE SOME MANNERS AND PRACTICE ON YOUR OWN TIME. if you suck with somethign take something youre good at, if you suck with everything go practice on bots unranked servers cuz why do you really want to record a bunch of shitty scores anyhow.....
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6826|Australia
when i got into a clan, your aim on a pub server is to practice working togeather.
im good as copilot in the bomber and my clan mate is pretty damn good.
what sucks is when we do go down, we head back to head off again and some stupid ranndom has to poke his nose in, "oh they are doing good, ill try have a go."

when you see two cguys with the same clan tag, move on, i do when i see another clan waiting togeather. I have had many others ask if we were using it, and on a yes they move on, and i always give em a thanks mate, and give them support later in the night.
nothing worse than playing half around well for some little knob come and take it away.
if you wanna fly, spawn at it, and go from there.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6754
I always think that if someone gets in a vehicle first its theirs, in as much as they got it first & good on them, so I dont tk them of block them, but dont you just hate it when someone who has no skill races over jumps in, flies off & crashes. If someone gets in a vehicle as a co-pilot & they are good I always say thanks & give them targets, but if they cant his the ground with a TV guided then I dont give them targets, why should I risk my neck? myselfalex team killing just to control a vehicle or gun in one, is not particularly nice, had it occured ot you tha they were doing a good job for the 'TEAM' by working together & hammering the enmey as a cooperative force. The fact that they did not TK you to get you out but asked instead was the giveaway that they were good players & good people. While you on the other hand are clearly not...
Oh I made the world team in big letters because I didnt think you would be familiar with it.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6796|Your Mom's House
I love the guys who go out of their way to make sure you dont get any kills while in a bomber's gunner seat. "I've got lock!" And they pull up or turn away. Wtf.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6740|In your head
I have played with your before alex and let me just say that you do that was well and you are no better than those idiots. And whomever posted that you should learn to use a chopper better....cheers to them they are right. And just to let you know you set yourself up for this. Once in a while I tell people to bail out! but if they don't after the third or forth time i just go and if they can't gun I tell them that is why I didn't want them in.
GK_Jonezer
+0|6743|Seattle
Two's company 3 is a crowd! Please respect clans and friends who want to fly together you are really crashing their party and being selfish by trying to butt in.
guppy99_00
Banned
+11|6731|kansas
I COULDNT AGREE MORE WITH EVERYONE I THINK YOU WERE WRONG FOR tk YOURSELF. EVENTHOUGH I DONT HAVE THE BEST STATS IN THE CHOPPER BUT IM GOOD AT GUNNING AND AT FLYING I JUST DONT DO IT ENOUGH. I GOT WAY BETTER NOW. BUT THAT IS ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE TELL YOU TO BAIL OUT!!! JUST FLY AND FIND OUT IF I SUCK AT SHOOTING OR FLYING AND SHUT THE HELL UP AND RACK SOME POINTS.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6796|Your Mom's House
First come, first serve. If someone else is in your gunner seat, get out yourslef or fly.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6787|England
One I team killed 4 people so I could use the ground defence...
randomfire1977
+1|6732|Florida
The premise of this game is to work together as a team and capture the other team's spawn points.  Killing is a side bar because without those flags you lose in the end.  Unless a different type of server has come out and there is no cp's  and i am not aware of this happening yet. 

Speaking about vehicles and such,  I have been practicing myself on single player, especially in jets and helos. 

some people complain and only play on no air maps... well good for them, I however enjoy the air.  I wait in line for planes and do not purposly run infront of other's to get their vehicles.  Others around me however... most often do the opposite.  Teamkilling to get a vehicle is just childish.  Go for another vehicle, maybe even the enemies.  I often go and steal the enemies vehicles especially planes.  It brings our air attack up by one by 2 because they are down 1.  One server I played on we had 4 jets in the air running straifing runs.  the drawback to having so many in the air... 4-6 (those 2 seaters) is that you do not have as much on the ground capturing flags.  teamwork helps and good spotting by commanders to locate enemies.  if I see an enemy tank and I am in a Jet... I take it down. 

Use voip/teamspeak if you can.. Communication is one of the big keys to the game.  The problem is to many people are tempted to get kills and flags so they do not tell others.  I have only played on 2 servers where the commander himor herself used voip to talk to the commanders.  they did an exellent job and we won both times.  I think some people  have a hard time multitasking and talking while typing or flying.  you can preset keys and mouse buttons to assit in talking.  it does not always have to be b or v. 

*steps of his soapbox*

Another random post by random fire.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard