_-_911_-_180891
+540|6510|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Some tips:

ROLLING
You see the odd roll around & I don't know about you but those that roll always seem to kill you?
To roll strafe and go prone at the same time will cause other players to see you roll.
Your own view does not roll, just your character as other players see you.

FLASH BANG
Flashbangs...... Knife......... Noob Tube......... Sweet
Throw a flash bang while they are blind slit there throat = a noob tube
sweet kill

FLARES
1) When u fly torwards a AA-Gun or an AA-Vehicle and when it shoots the first rocket the press the "FLARE" button
2) When somebody is behinde u in the plane u don't just press the button as soon as it "beeps" first u try 2 lose him and if not and it "beeps the 3rd time then u press the "FLARE" button

PLAYING CHICKEN
Playing chicken: The alternative to being bumper bashed!
- A jeep / buggy etc with only a driver is lining up to mow you down.
- Pull out the C4 and throw it on the ground running backwards (watching the looming vehicle)
- Make sure you’ve got enough room to run backwards out of the boom zone or you’re stuffed.
- When the car is just about to reach the C4, let them have it!
It’s a cack, I’d love to know how pissed off the driver was!

ARMOR
Role of Armor
Once you get into armor, your have a responsibility! Not everybody can drive a tank, so if you are lucky enough to get one, then you need to understand your role!!! You have three basic responsibilities:

First is to engage other armor. This is your first priority. Armor will tear infantry to shreds. Even if you die in the process, you need engage the enemy armor to give your teammates a chance. Tank whores will often not do this which gives a bad name to those who truly enjoy armor combat.

Support. Your job is to support your team’s attempts to take enemy flags. Don’t rush in because you will become a C4 sandwich. Capping flags is not your job, you are not suited for this. Many people complain that armor spawn rapes, but this is not the case. The job of armor is to pound the flag and allow your infantry to move in. Ignore those that complain that you are raping because you are not trying to cap the flag. Basically they are asking you to make it real easy for them to kill you...

Defend! I know this is not popular but somebody needs to defend those crucial flags. Most maps have spawn points where armor spawns. Usually if you lose this, you will lose the game. Defend these at all costs. Armor is slow, don’t use it to joyride around the map. This doesn’t mean that all armor should defend! But at least one armor unit should be assigned to a key base.
Tanks
There are differences between the USMC, PLA, and MEC tanks, try to get a feel for them. Tank cannon fire needs to account for distance. In other words the projectile will lose altitude over distance you need to learn how to aim higher at longer ranges.
Learn to shoot on the run. This isn’t too hard to do.

APC
All of these guys float. Different rates of fire. I prefer the quick fire APCs as they are more effective against ground troops. APC Cannon fire does not lose altitude over distance so you are a very effective long range weapon. The only thing you need to learn is how to lead your target as you fire. Also, APC cannons overheat very quickly so learn how to fire in bursts. You will get in many more shots through conservation than through rapid fire then wait for overheat.

Basic Principles
Armor usage
Be an Engineer
If you’re going to use armor then for gods sake please be an engineer. There is nothing worse than a sniper in a tank.

Splash Damage
Both Tanks and APCs do a great amount of splash damage. When fighting against infantry don’t aim directly for them with the cannon but at the wall behind them or the ground. If a Spec-Ops is rushing you and he’s too close to get a clean shot then aim at any object that is close to you and the splash damage will kill him. If somebody is hiding behind a corner then pound the ground right next to the corner and you’ll often get a kill. If you’ve played as infantry you know how people hide from tanks. Using this knowledge you can get lots of kills where you shoot without seeing the enemy!

Constant Motion
Armor should never stand still. You don’t have good vision (especially tank) and are begging to become a C4 sandwich. One of the greatest joys of a Spec Ops is to blow up a tank. They will rush you relentlessly so always be in motion.

Repair Yourself
Two strategies for repairing your tank. First, is to go prone and crawl underneath the front of the vehicle. Then keep spinning around as you repair to ensure that nobody sneaks up on you and takes your tank. Another strategy is to be in constant motion as you repair the tank so that nobody can get a good shot at you. Always be ready to press the “e” button should you fall under enemy fire. There is no greater sin than to be killed while repairing a tank and essentially gift wrapping it for your opponents.

Wrench Out
The engineer should always enter the tank holding his wrench. The way armor combat works, you’ll often blow up that enemy tank as you are down to two bars and are starting to burn. Having the wrench out makes the difference between death and being able to repair your tank back up to full health.

Buddy Up
Armor should stick together, especially if there are engineers in the vehicles. You will be less vulnerable to attack. Also you will heal each other! Don’t stick too close or a jet will ruin the party!

Don’t Cap Flags
Armor is not made for capping enemy flags. You’re too slow and have too poor a field of vision to be able to protect yourself from enemies that are spawning around you. The only time you should ever go in to cap a flag is if you are in the company of friendly infantry or if there is a UAV ( link) overhead.

Enemy Assets
Don’t use armor to destroy enemy commander assets! For those of you who haven’t tried, it takes forever to destroy artillery guns( link) or UAV( link) with a tank. Leave that work to Spec Ops, otherwise there will be problems with the Spec Ops Union.

Tank Machine Guns
Tank has two types of machine guns. First is for the driver (right click). This machine gun is devastating. It has a rapid rate of fire and is incredibly accurate even at long range. Learn to use it and it will be even more effective vs. ground troops than the cannon. The second is for the Machine Gunner. I don’t recommend you spend much time as a machine gunner in a tank because if the driver is doing as he should and is constantly in motion, you aren’t going to hit much. However, if the pilot stands still then you’re a sitting duck. You can’t win…

Last edited by _-_911_-_180891 (2006-07-25 05:02:00)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
um, ok.
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6578|England
excellent advice, i try disembowling them though.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6527|Adelaide, South Australia

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Some tips:

You see the odd roll around & I don't know about you but those that roll always seem to kill you?
To roll strafe and go prone at the same time will cause other players to see you roll.

FLASH BANG
Flashbangs...... Knife......... Noob Tube......... Sweet
Throw a flash bang while they are blind slit there throat = a noob tube
sweet kill
ROLLING
probably the only ppl who dont know that are ranked under Sgt.
FLASH BANG
if ur like me wen one of those things go off, spin your arse around and sprint the other way, ive only been killed once from a flash-induced sprint, and i fell off a cliff

as for the rest, ive seen it all before... wait a minute, its another:
COPY AND PASTE JOB!

edit: sPeLliNg

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2006-07-25 05:06:00)

_-_911_-_180891
+540|6510|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Thanx you really them all....????....
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6749

OK, Whilst Most of the Community will know this,
I believ that this guy has put some effort in, and that Some kind Posts are in Order.

Nice Guide.
Kontrolfreq
+50|6612|Cambridge UK
Why is it that whenever i use flashbangs i always blind myself lol...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England

Kontrolfreq wrote:

Why is it that whenever i use flashbangs i always blind myself lol...
rofl, you msut throw like a girl then.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord
You have been promoted! Rank: Captain Obvious
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6530
U have made me want to spend all day in armour now!
Dagriz
+1|6501
yes everybody should read this ...i agree and already do all of this
cyberkiller25
+16|6556|Montreal
Thank you very much for your time, very appreciated.
Metamort
+19|6692
That tank bit is a big copy paste job. -_-
chittydog
less busy
+586|6843|Kubra, Damn it!

Mostly common sense stuff, but terimah kasih for the effort.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
ROLLING
I hate that and i hope they get rid of that. I do it, but not really intentionally, some people do it intentionally. Psychological warfare, it's almost like that. You're seeing something that isn't there. It's just like dolphin diving. Fucking wankers always find a way to win using the sneakiest bastardest tactics ever. Why are there such wankers in this world.
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6654
give him a break. nice guide dude
Rimbo
+1|6580|Inside ur armpit.
strafe n prone,never even thought of doing it,cheers man.
TXVeteran512
+16|6500
can i order the cliff notes verison please....thats a long read...
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6613|Lancashire, UK
stolen from SuperFly Cox :  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=4709
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

pure_beef_69 wrote:

give him a break.
That's pretty ironic coming from you m8.

And what the hell happened to your karma???

The Last Black Winegum wrote:

Oh that's just the icing on the cake! Owned LOL

What do you want to bet he got it from another site where it was pinched and reposted without credit. In fact a lot of the language makes it look like this might be assembled from various sources.
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6553
I knew I read that somewhere else, lol. Thanks for the copy & paste work! (dumbass)
Ryker
+13|6512

Heh, your actually right. Loads of it, if not all is copy and pasted. Bit said dont you think _-_911_-_180891 just using someone else's work?

Last edited by Ryker (2006-07-25 12:02:29)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6789

Todd_Angelo wrote:

What do you want to bet he got it from another site where it was pinched and reposted without credit. In fact a lot of the language makes it look like this might be assembled from various sources.
Mr. Angelo,

I can assure you that the definitive guide to armor combat is 100% my creation with no copy/pastes from anywhere.  If you don't think so then check out my armor stats and some of my other posts and you will see that they match the information and writing style of the armor guide.  The only parts that are not my own were the small pieces of advice that people posted on my original post and I made sure to give credit to all those posts that I added to my post.  Since they like the post they made it a wiki guide and you can find it by clicking on my sig. 

Cheers.

Soup Fly
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord
No, no, not you; the OP!

Sorry, should have been clearer: what do you want to bet _-_911_-_180891 assembled this just by copying from various sources?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6843|Kubra, Damn it!

Man, I regret giving this _-_911_-_180891 wanker +1 now...

Last edited by chittydog (2006-07-25 19:31:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard