I~Love~Mysti
+23|6591
This has been an idea lingering with me for a while, and I've finally decided to share it with everyone else. (I've also decided to post again since everyone has been hating me for asking questions).

Now, I think this is smart because 1). Smoke grenades are underused, and 2). AT and Support would benifit from this because they have short sprint and if they need to run, the smoke grenade can compensate for the lack of stamina.

And yes, flashbangs should stay exclusive to assault with the f2000 unlock.
MorbidFetus
+76|6559|Ohio
I'd rather have 3 smoke nades than 1000 flash bangs.
Poppycock
+16|6551|Bellevue, NE
Yeah thats a good point, when I think about it there have been many times I could have used a somke granade while shooting at tanks. Not a bad idea.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6814|The planet Tophet
i would love nades for the at class many time i would need them
Pyrosity
+0|6606|Colorado
Smoke nades for support and AT kits would be so useful I can't begin to imagine the possibilities. I would love to see this go in
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6700|Sweden
A good idea. I have already thougt aout some scenarios when I am AT and I just throw a smokenade so the stupid tank cant see me.

Whay cant EA or whoever is making the patches come up with these idéas. Instead they make more problems with the new cartillery.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6591|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
It would definently be useful.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6659|The Netherlands

MorbidFetus wrote:

Yes me to. they should give the ass. kit like 3 to 4 smoke grendades to make them more atractive for ppl to play the kit.
The smoke grenades should be longer active.
BandoIruka
+1|6502
was about to start a new thread on smoke grens but it seems its already been suggested.

So yeah... more+better smoke grenades please.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
I'm going to stick with flashbangs.  A blind enemy is better than a concealed enemy.
BandoIruka
+1|6502
@Miller, just a small correction that smoke grenades are made for concealing yourself from the enemy, not for concealing your enemy. Used so you can move around to where you need to go without the enemy having a clear view of you to shoot at. Whilst you can argue that they both do the same thing in the end, i can argue back saying how flashbangs only work at a short range, hence you can't use them to stop a sniper from being able to easily pick you off from the distance.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6531|Little blue planet, milky way
I'd love to see more smoke in the game... I'm always kinda pissed that only the assault has one, and ONLY one.... Often times I need two smokes to support an advance, so we need to coordinate, either two assaults, or a re-arm and a second smoke, which is hard to do on some maps.
As AT I can't even BEGIN to imagine how many times having a smoke grenade would have saved my ass. Support... Yeah, I can imagine that he would need them to avoid sniper fire while laying down support fire.

But why stop at ONE smoke grenade ? In order to better use them tactically, I'd suggest that the classes have at least two each (same as snipers clays)
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6755|The United Center
I think the Spec Ops should get it.  How better to put C4 on armor than to smoke it, then run up to it?
Snipe=UKLF=
+17|6625|UK
Support have Gas in SF.. which is better than smoke. EA should have allowed Gas in vanilla like with the flashies. AT with Smoke grenades would be good!

edit: Obviously gas would mean the need for masks also.. when i run into smoke playing vanilla, i always try to put my gas mask on

Last edited by Snipe=UKLF= (2006-07-24 04:47:11)

BandoIruka
+1|6502
No, i think it would be best that only a few kits should have smoke grenades.
-If medics have them, it would make them somewhat imbalanced for them to be able to conceal and revive with no help from anyone else.
-If support have them, the unlimited smoke abuse would make things pretty ridiculous when trying to fight for the flag cap.
-SpecOps should be relying on their speed & stealth to keep them from harms way. Smokes would make their C4 job way too easy
-Engineers should be driving the vehicles
-Snipers would only be carrying something that would draw unwanted attention at them

So that pretty much leaves the assault and anti tank kit, however I do have an inkling that it would also imbalance the anti tank kit also. But if the assault kit had 2 smoke grenades that last at least 10 seconds, then  I would play it more.
Reaper2325
+2|6731|New Hartford, New York
A smoke nade sounds cool, but it should also last longer than 3 seconds, maybe 8-10 seconds. It would give the adavatage of getting out of a snipers line of site and help against base raping and spawn camping.
Leonnoe1
+2|6733
I'd rather seem them given to Assault, Support and Medic. Replace the grenades in the Medic and Support kit with smokes, and give the Assault another one.
TXVeteran512
+16|6500
smoke works both ways, but dont forget supressive fire... ie TRIGGER HOLDING...
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6634|Canada
i usually use the smoke nades as a distraction. toss them at the entrance im not using, causing ppl to focus on that entrance. then i go through another one and catch them off guard.
EvilJebus
+11|6632
No, it's just about the only special thing assault gets, the others can back the fuck off my smoke granades. If you want a smoke grenade play in a squad with a competent assault character.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6585|Florida
I dont think its really a bad idea.  Mainly with AT, I would prefer actual grenades and the smoke.  Even if I dont use smoke to hide me, I try to use it as a distraction.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6573|UK
i want smoke nades with AT make it easier to take down tanks
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

AT should get one smoke grenade, and assualt should get two. Support shouldn't get any.
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6684
Okay.  I, personally like flashbangs and never use smoke grenades.  And, Tanks and APC's come with smokes, so problem solved
mcfarmer.dk
+1|6493|Aalborg, Denmark

MorbidFetus wrote:

I agree with you, but i think that the smoke takes to long a time to work explode.

and the flash only works when you are within 5 meters of the flash.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard