Bravery
+-1|6779
Yea, what was your reason for buying this game? After purchasing this game, installing the new patch and now not being able to play either Battlefield 2 or Special Forces, because I'm getting terrible FPS lag for some reason. Anyone else experiencing this crap? Also... British voices are terrible.
TrevorP
+0|6803
see the new patch... it may solve issues
Bravery
+-1|6779
It is with the new patch...
Bravery
+-1|6779
I was in the same server as beeng and he was having the same problem.
Sbryld
+0|6753
Have you installed patch AFTER you installed VF2:SF.....? It is the core you need to update... Hope it helped... Btw let me know, considering buying it...
wilks2005
+1|6762
Installing it now and have the 1.12 patch for SF.. to play bf2 again do i need to install the 1.03 patch?
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6765|NH - USA
I think everyone that buys this stuff when it first comes out is crazy, IMO. Always problems, top price, etc etc.

Anyhow..

wilks2005 wrote:

Installing it now and have the 1.12 patch for SF.. to play bf2 again do i need to install the 1.03 patch?
No, supposedly the 1.12 patch is for both BF2 and BF2: SF users....although the improvements for the BF2 users hardly make it worth it by the looks of it. Its on the EA website ...check there for more details. I would think thats the first place ya'll would look!
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6747|Alabama
the patch increased my load time by about 5 minutes
GTKtino
+0|6779
I havent bought the game .. yet.. but the reason would be : my storyline somehow sucked so much that I didnt win. so now I have to buy it.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6780|AUS, Canberra
i downloaded it and it runs perfect, about 50 servers for me to choose from here in aus.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6783|Golden, CO
If you don't want it anymore send it to me.
will_young
+0|6741
hey The_Heart_Attack im from down under aswell, can u tell me wer u got it from?
Far
+22|6740|USA
Mine ran like crap too till I realized the game reset my video settings to 800x600 @ 60hz.
I put it back to 1152x864 @ 85hz and it smoothed out ALOT... as stupid as that may sound.
One map (forget the name) I do still get pretty nasty slowdown when I go anywhere near this one building... looks like a mosque.
woof
+0|6848
The patch broke something...badly.  My fix was to turn down shadows and lighting and that solved the FPS issue.  Performance under 1.1 was great. Same maps under 1.12 is a lagfest.
You don't need to go to 800x600 to fix it...

Long load times might be due to shaders optimization...
SMKpaladin
+0|6751|Germany
I bought it via EA downloads and cheated a bit to be able to play it on the US release day. Works fine for me, a few frames less I think, but that maybe just my imagination. The new SF weapons are cool, especially the G36E for the Medic kit.
R1Armadillo
+0|6741

mooncricket wrote:

the patch increased my load time by about 5 minutes
I feel the same way. Seems like it takes longer now. Even when Shaders aren't optimizing which they seem to do on a whim.

Didn't think to check the video settings though. Have to look in to that one.
LoaderX
+-1|6767|Tucson, Arizona
My load times havn't changed at all.  Still about 30 seconds.  The first time however, it took about 2 minutes.
Buzerk1
+44|6846
Load time the same... and bought for the new maps, unlocks, zipline.... and more important.. it's ground assault... no fly boy...
Heavyarms
+0|6749

Sbryld wrote:

Have you installed patch AFTER you installed VF2:SF.....? It is the core you need to update... Hope it helped... Btw let me know, considering buying it...
Absolutely great, gotta love the night levels.  Not to mention the close quarters combat in the carrier map.  Zip lines rock, new equipment, armies, medals (i gotta start all over and get these damnit! ah well).  People are complaining about it, they need to stfu.  EA added over a gig of coding to BF2, yeah it might take awhile to work bugs out... whatever.  Most of the whiners are nothing but spoiled 17 year olds anyway, so screw 'em. I say good on ya EA, SF is far more than what I expected... BF2 is fun again.  Oh happy day!  (now if we could only do something about the kiddie bunny hopping, noob tubers.)

Last edited by Heavyarms (2005-11-23 11:10:52)

thinner44
+1|6819
I used to be able to play bf2 with all settings at 'high', now I can only play at 'medium' since new patch and the expansion. I'm trying to config for optimum performance but it takes a lot of time, not to mention frustration at being booted back to the desktop... My load times haven't changed though, I'm still one of the first onto a new map... even the map times are roughly the same.

I like the new maps, I love the expansion, but with that came a shock. It's meant to be played with nvidia cards of 6800 and over.... that's if you want the all singing all dancing stuff.. I do, but I can't, since my card is only 6600GT OC.... I set everything to previous 'high', went onto a night map and it lagged like hell.... carzy crashes started to happen, the screen went all fuzzy (no not the FBs )... and back to the DT.
So, it's either lower the graphics demand, or buy a new card... the 7800GTX 512 is a staggering £400.00. . . dear santa

The SF, I like it, I don't mind tinkering to sort out the problems, and eventually I'll upgrade my card.

I've read lots of replie to lots of questions and complaints, I like it when people actually take the time to help out their fellow player... the ones that just 'bitch' and are unhelpful... why bother.
McCullough
+7|6848
I bought it cus i have all the other games in the BF series.
Heavyarms
+0|6749

thinner44 wrote:

I like the new maps, I love the expansion, but with that came a shock. It's meant to be played with nvidia cards of 6800 and over....
... but why waste money on an Nvidia.  You could get an ATI card.... say along the lines of an X850XT PE or better yet the XL1800. 

Last edited by Heavyarms (2005-11-29 15:38:30)

nelson496
+3|6795
I only lag when I put on night vision and when there is an intense battle going on.  Other than that I dont lag at all.  I can play smoothly but on medium settings with ATI helping me optimizing it.  I'm getting a 6600GT so I can play with higher fps.  I have a Radeon 9600 and I get 15-25 fps.  I hope on getting more with a 6600GT
Ballistix5
+36|6785|Forster NSW
I have it finally
Good idea's
Would be good gameplay
Great weapons.

Now for the real issues

LAGG

Slow loading times,
not many servers yet

But I want 24/7 Ghost town

Last edited by Ballistix5 (2005-12-06 02:28:57)

GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6753|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
i only have a radeon 256mb 9550 which apperently is crap i have no issues with bf 2 or sf at i play all map with hardly no lag cept at start i have 2.6ghz 1 gig ram 16x dvd player !!! .. all low except view distace and english only as foreing voice use some resources i think

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard