fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6747|The Netherlands
any great improvements found?
Cronjob
+1|6730|Broomfield, Colorado

fdcp_elmo wrote:

any great improvements found?
Uh . . . Click the clink. Read the changelog...?

The changes are all related to the expansion pack.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6774

bullshit...i downloaded expansion pack last week.  now i'm ready to play and there's another patch 280mb...going slow as hell...wft.  why put this out there the same day sf comes out? bullshit.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas
Wait, do I need to DL the patch even if I haven't bought SF yet, or if I don't intend to buy it for a while?
Chanquad
+-1|6780|Sweden

Cougar wrote:

Wait, do I need to DL the patch even if I haven't bought SF yet, or if I don't intend to buy it for a while?
Everyones got to download the new patch. No patch = No BF2
Hyper_Dude
+5|6815|United Knigdom
I'm downloading the patch now, even though I can't get SF for a few days here in the UK, just so i can play. The servers are being updated as well, so just think, we're going to have to update if they do.

One thing I would like to know though, they say you can use the SF unlocks in regular BF2, does that mean I can pick them up from a dead body even though I don't have the expansion yet?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

Cougar wrote:

yes. If I understood the text correctly, you will have to install the patch to be up to date even if you haven't installed SF yet or don't plan to do so at all.

"Update v1.12
The next Battlefield update is now available. ALL Battlefield 2 owners should install it. And yes, we have a list fixes and enhancements for you.

IMPORTANT
If you've installed the 1.12 update to the "core" Battlefield 2 product and then installed Battlefield 2: Special Forces afterwards, you will need to re-apply the 1.12 update to be able to play on the new 1.12 Servers."

In other words: if you plan on buying the expansion anyway, install the 1.12 patch after you installed SF.

EDIT: I'd appreciate a link to a fast download site, preferably in germany. 3 hours is way too long...
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England
Is there a torrent for this yet?
Alku
Out of Nowhere
+0|6729|Helsinki, Finland
Ah, it's here. Very good, very good indeed..
section9
+9|6840|USA
I think its taking long because theres alot of us trying to download at the same time some of you guys hit cancel and I'll let you know if downloads any faster.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6813
Sorry but I don't get it
IF we buy SF and install do we still need to install the patch???

EA's website is weak
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6742|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
After reading the changlog...all I can say is "meh!"

Gee, thanks for focusing a mandatory patch on an expansion. What about fixing the damn AA logic again? What about addressing the damage models? I could go on, but now I'm really wondering if I'll ever buy SF...this is Microsoft-like behavior at it's finest...
sandaltube
+0|6773
Try downloading the patch from FileFront.  They've got a bunch of servers all over the world.  I downloaded the patch from there at over 800 k/sec.

Here, try this...

http://files.filefront.com/Battlefield+ … einfo.html

Last edited by sandaltube (2005-11-22 12:18:42)

section9
+9|6840|USA
some must have cancelled it's actually downloading faster now.about 19 kb's a sec. and hey thx sandletube for that link I forgot I was a member there.

Last edited by section9 (2005-11-22 12:21:23)

Hyper_Dude
+5|6815|United Knigdom
Go to filefront guys, well worth the wait in the lines. I waited for 30 minutes, got the download in 15 to 20 odd. Actually installing the patch took ages, it must have said "patching" for about 5 or 10 minutes and it finished half an hour ago.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England
Wow the progress bar showing how far till the next rank is actually working again after patching!
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6734

superfly_cox wrote:

going slow as hell...wft.
what fuck the?? NICE!!
Guruz
Sir
+20|6830|government yard in trenchtown.
Mmmmm-m.

I have 4000mb free on my "bf2-drive", but it still whines "You need 3000mb free space" when installing the patch.

Shit!
Suggestions?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6766|NRW,Germany

Kobrakai wrote:

Is there a torrent for this yet?
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/ … e.exe.html
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6733

I downloaded this patch, but Ive found that alot of the servers arent updated, which sucks. Because I'm Australian, I have to go onto overseas servers to play.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Why is there no unlock for Sniper? Are they keeping it the M95? Man that sucks. Still, maybe this new update will fix iPlay Wellington's 1.03 CD-Key problem, and maybe I can get some fucking promotions.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6808|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
Anyone have the patch info they can paste here? I'm on my work puter and they filter game shit.
Absinthe
+18|6748

SilentBob wrote:

Anyone have the patch info they can paste here?.
well, it doesnt say much

========================================================================
Battlefield 2 Patch v1.12
ReadMe File
November 20th 2005

Patch Information

Patch v1.12

IMPORTANT

- If you have installed the 1.12 patch to core Battlefield 2 and then installed Battlefield 2: Special Forces, you will need to re-apply the 1.12 patch again to be able to play on 1.12 Servers.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed a crash when users switch weapons using the mouse wheel while piloting a bomber (SU-34, F-15 and J10) in core BF2 maps.
- Removed the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line from kits from "The Iron Gator" map.
- Fixed single player loading screens to match map selection image.
- Fixed an issue in the menus so that users can click on BF2:SF ribbons to view the descriptions.
- Fixed an issue in the Browser so that BF2:SF servers are now represented with a green "2" icon.
- Global improvement of collision detection on the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line.
- Fixed damage state artillery icon on the 3d map when an artillery is destroyed.

CHANGE of VIDEO SPECS

- GeForce FX 5900 family:
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900
GeForce FX 5900XT
GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
GeForce FX 5900ZT
GeForce PCX 5900
- For these cards, the default video settings have been changed to LOW.

UPDATE TO GRAPPLING HOOK AND ZIP LINE DESCRIPTION

GRAPPLING HOOK

- The GRAPPLING HOOK is part of the Assault and Anti-tank kits. Throw it using the fire or alternate fire buttons. Press "E" to get on and off of the rope. Use the direction keys to climb the rope. The rope will connect to any static object in the world, which means it will not work on terrain or vehicles. Any Assault or Anti-Tank kit can pick up any grappling hook, even those from other teams, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.

ZIP LINE

- The ZIP LINE is part of the Special Forces and Sniper kits. Use the fire button to shoot the line and use the alternate fire button to check if the target is a viable connection point or not. Once the line is in place, use "E" to get on. You will slide down the line automatically. Any Spec-Ops or Sniper kit can pick up any zip line, even those from the other team, as long as you do not already have one in your kit at the time.

===================================================================

Am I getting it right ?? Will I be able to use the Zip line and Grappling hook without the need to buy the expansion pack ?
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6748|NH - USA
I think its hilarious that the patch is for both BF2 and SF users and all the noted changes (except maybe the graphic card specs) are for the SF version. I've been playing BF2 all day with NO 1.12 patch and its worked just fine. I think the filter "same mod" will keep me hooked up with other 1.03 users. (?)

I'm not updating until the day I go to play and it wont let me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard