dalmar72
+6|6670
whining about getting a gunner that sucks or not is just stupid.  If he is no good, join his squad or invite him to yours, and give him pointers,  fuck its just a game, if you lose one or two rounds in a night its no big deal. ffs the first few times I tried gunning I missed a lot, but  now I think I'm ok, not great, but ok.  I've tried soloing with limited success,  but I can do it if needed, but more kills will come as a pair than soloing.   I got my Helicopter ribbon yesterday with a good pilot (piranha or something to that effect) who was giving me shots and pointing things out if I missed them,  In three rounds I played with Him flying I ended up with 2 golds an a silver, (only our commander beat me).   when I missed with the tv he would keep them down with the rockets. come around and then I'd kill him.   at the start of one round I spawned on him while he had seat switched, so I had to fly,  I'm not that great so we did get shot down, but did he whine like a little girl, no, we respawned and he took pilot and we continued.  Its about playing together not whining about not being able to solo, if you want to solo, go play single player bitch...     /rant
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6942|Jupiter

dalmar72 wrote:

whining about getting a gunner that sucks or not is just stupid.  If he is no good, join his squad or invite him to yours, and give him pointers,  fuck its just a game, if you lose one or two rounds in a night its no big deal. ffs the first few times I tried gunning I missed a lot, but  now I think I'm ok, not great, but ok.  I've tried soloing with limited success,  but I can do it if needed, but more kills will come as a pair than soloing.   I got my Helicopter ribbon yesterday with a good pilot (piranha or something to that effect) who was giving me shots and pointing things out if I missed them,  In three rounds I played with Him flying I ended up with 2 golds an a silver, (only our commander beat me).   when I missed with the tv he would keep them down with the rockets. come around and then I'd kill him.   at the start of one round I spawned on him while he had seat switched, so I had to fly,  I'm not that great so we did get shot down, but did he whine like a little girl, no, we respawned and he took pilot and we continued.  Its about playing together not whining about not being able to solo, if you want to solo, go play single player bitch...     /rant
I think someone just sent you outa bounds.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6671|Austin, Texas
To sum up this thread:

Soloing is bad when you deny a gunner his seat.
Soloing is bad when you kill a gunner.
Soloing is ok when theres nobody who wants a ride
Two-man chopper crews can kick the butt out of a solo pilot(If they get close) and get lots of points.

End.
Longbow
+163|6797|Odessa, Ukraine

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

err coz probably a lot of gunners simply are pacifists?
lmao
lynxlyran
+15|6794
Solo pilots who insist on flying alone are all smacktards.  They all claim to be so 1337. If they were really that good then they could use the rockets from the pilot position and not care if the gunner is good or bad.

TK me so you can fly alone and I'll spend the rest of the round being TK'ed by you until you get boooted. Then I will pilot and invite the nearest soldier to be my gunner because I can use the rockets.
Longbow

MadKatter wrote:

To sum up this thread:

Two-man chopper crews can kick the butt out of a solo pilot(If they get close) and get lots of points.

End.
Soloing is better when some skilless moron try to fly\gun the same choper with you . I never supported solo because of it's unrealistic , but 2-3 month ago i sayed to myself : stop decreasing your stats with gay pilots\gunners who are complete morons and don't know what to do in choper exept capturing flags or dieing . So I started flying solo .
99.9% of gunners are skilless pacifists that dont use their gun even against infantry .
99.9% of pilots crash their choper w\e gunner when they try to hit smth with missiles .

Last edited by Longbow (2006-07-24 11:27:23)

dankassasin42o
+68|6829|Reefersyde, CA

aqempty wrote:

leave them solo pilots usually lose duels against other choppers and die/suicide faster
Wrong.   If i dont have a gunner who can TV.  Believe me, 2 on 2, if he cant gun we're dead.    Now if i was solo, ill tag the other chopper myself from the gunner seat.   Ive proven it.  against a 2 person attack chopper. Now by all means... Id rather have my gunner (*42o* lilshyt420) inwith me, but with out him, i do better on my own.  Most people who arent my gunner.    usally dont even try to TV.  making us a sitting (or should i say a flying target.)  Tv missles are your strongest weapon of the chopper, unless mi-28's gun.    If your gunner cant hit shit. fuck um.    GO ALONE.
lWar Pigl
+4|6774|South Coast, Massachusetts
Solo chopper pilots suck!  Anyone of them who says that they will not fly with someone who is not a good gunner is a lying piece of $hit!  How would they know if a private is or isn't a good gunner if they won't give him a chance!  I'm a pretty damn good gunner but I get asked to leave the gunners seat many times because some chopper whore wants to fly solo.  I say, If some idiot wants to fly solo, let them go play a flight sim like Apache or Commanche.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6671|Austin, Texas

Longbow wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

To sum up this thread:

End.
Soloing is better when some skilless moron try to fly\gun the same choper with you . I never supported solo because of it's unrealistic , but 2-3 month ago i sayed to myself : stop decreasing your stats with gay pilots\gunners who are complete morons and don't know what to do in choper exept capturing flags or dieing . So I started flying solo .
99.9% of gunners are skilless pacifists that dont use their gun even against infantry .
99.9% of pilots crash their choper w\e gunner when they try to hit smth with missiles .
Trust me, as a pilot myself I know that this is very true. Its bad morally to deny a gunner. It's 90% of the time beneficial to the team, though.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6775
What I don't understand is why worry if you have a gunner that sucks anyway??? Does having a gunner impair these pilots flying or shooting??? Why not have a gunner? I see no way how this hurts whether you like em or not. This does piss me off when a pilot goes out of bounds because they are such babies they can't have a gunner. To all those pilots out there, PISS OFF!
dalmar72
+6|6670

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

dalmar72 wrote:

I think someone just sent you outa bounds.
just like a smacktard.
dankassasin42o
+68|6829|Reefersyde, CA

lWar Pigl wrote:

Solo chopper pilots suck!  Anyone of them who says that they will not fly with someone who is not a good gunner is a lying piece of $hit!  How would they know if a private is or isn't a good gunner if they won't give him a chance!  I'm a pretty damn good gunner but I get asked to leave the gunners seat many times because some chopper whore wants to fly solo.  I say, If some idiot wants to fly solo, let them go play a flight sim like Apache or Commanche.
If a gunner wants in, ill let him go with me, 1st time u FUCK UP.  you loose your right to gun for me.   I CAN FLY.   If my gunner cant help me stay alive.   SERIOUSLY ill do better with out them.
dankassasin42o
+68|6829|Reefersyde, CA

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

What I don't understand is why worry if you have a gunner that sucks anyway??? Does having a gunner impair these pilots flying or shooting??? Why not have a gunner? I see no way how this hurts whether you like em or not. This does piss me off when a pilot goes out of bounds because they are such babies they can't have a gunner. To all those pilots out there, PISS OFF!
The TV missle is an attack choppers STRONGEST weapon.    Now if a gunner cant utlize that, YOUR FUCKED. 

So u piss poor gunners.   GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY CHOPPER.    Learn to fly, and fly solo, then you'll learn to gun. 

The whole purpose of me flying is to give my gunner shots/kills.   THE 1st TIME U DONT TAKE IT, ill crash the chopper.    Rather take my own life an my gay gunners, then let the enemy have me as a sitting duck.
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6697

dankassasin42o wrote:

lWar Pigl wrote:

If a gunner wants in, ill let him go with me, 1st time u FUCK UP.  you loose your right to gun for me.   I CAN FLY.   If my gunner cant help me stay alive.   SERIOUSLY ill do better with out them.
That's a bit uncomprimising. I'm a decent TV gunner, but that doesn't mean I'll hit it 100% of the time.
Longbow

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

I'll explain .

You see enemy choper with 2 men or soloing .Moron siting in front of you starts fireing w\e a gun . 3-4-5 seconds = bum - you are both dead .

Another situation :

You see enemy choper . You tern your nose to the left for about 15-20 degrees , switch to gunners seat , fire TGM and take that shit out of air .

Question : which one is better ? Lose 2 cards or take 2(1) cards from enemy team ?
Longbow

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

That's a bit uncomprimising. I'm a decent TV gunner, but that doesn't mean I'll hit it 100% of the time.
Decend gunner hits at 85-90% of time , exept bugs with missile gone through textures , etc.
lynxlyran
+15|6794

dankassasin42o wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

The TV missle is an attack choppers STRONGEST weapon.    Now if a gunner cant utlize that, YOUR FUCKED. 

So u piss poor gunners.   GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY CHOPPER.    Learn to fly, and fly solo, then you'll learn to gun. 

The whole purpose of me flying is to give my gunner shots/kills.   THE 1st TIME U DONT TAKE IT, ill crash the chopper.    Rather take my own life an my gay gunners, then let the enemy have me as a sitting duck.
Are you saying you SUCK with the missles the pilot has? Solo pilots are just uber n00bs that cant use the weapons available to the pilot.
dankassasin42o
+68|6829|Reefersyde, CA

lynxlyran wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

Are you saying you SUCK with the missles the pilot has? Solo pilots are just uber n00bs that cant use the weapons available to the pilot.
It takes about 6 - all 8 rockets from the pilot to destroy armor.   It takes 1 from the tv.    Im not saying i cant use the pilots rockets.    The TV is more deadly and efficent.    See, im tryin to STAY ALIVE.    so y fuck around with my missles, when i could use a gunner/or my self in the gun seat to hit the target with a TV an grantee a kill?      I think thats choice of survival, as opposed to not being able to use my rockets.     Remember the pilot fires from rocket pod, the TV.  Hellfire missles.

Last edited by dankassasin42o (2006-07-24 11:54:49)

shice
+9|6665|every1 h8's Germany

dankassasin42o wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

100% true

same with me. im not that skilled pilot, but if soloing, i seriously can pwn. if someone guns 4 me and cant hit shit he wont be my gunner next time.

recently i saw that heli-soloing tutorial which was quite impressive, so i started to practice on singleplayer.
i realized that in most situations its better to get rid of a blind gunner and use the tv myself. cuz if u dont know ur gunner u cannot rely on him except if u have seen him (the round) before, pwning.

only exception is when i got my brother flyin / gunnin with me.

and the misshits which are due to bad ping / lag even influence a decent tv gunner.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6903
I have a confession to make:
I fly the attack most of the time, for buddies.  And when I do, it's all about them.  They have the power, my rockets are the supporting cast.
BUT...it's gotten to the point where I have embarrased myself when someone else flies.  I'm so rusty with the TV, it takes a couple passes for me to warm up again.  (Then, of couse, I get the hang of it again, and we roll.)

I try to remember that when I'm flying and TV-man misses.  I hate losing, and getting shot down, but I won't judge my gunner on just one flight.  If we go the whole round and he still stinks then, yes, I'll try to find another gunner.  But I wouldn't start ditching the chopper into trees/mountains/ocean because my gunner missed once.

Last edited by Rick_O_Shea678 (2006-07-24 12:13:54)

dankassasin42o
+68|6829|Reefersyde, CA

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

I have a confession to make:
I fly the attack most of the time, for buddies.  And when I do, it's all about them.  They have the power, my rockets are the supporting cast.
BUT...it's gotten to the point where I have embarrased myself when someone else flies.  I'm so rusty with the TV, it takes a couple passes for me to warm up again.  (Then, of couse, I get the hang of it again, and we roll.)

I try to remember that when I'm flying and TV-man misses.  I hate losing, and getting shot down, but I won't judge my gunner on just one flight.  If we go the whole round and he still stinks then, yes, I'll try to find another gunner.  But I wouldn't start ditching the chopper into trees/mountains/ocean because my gunner missed once.
Not miss.   U can gun for me an miss.   But if i set u the shot.  and you dont take it for whatever reason.  ur done for as my gunner.   unless u were outta ammo, but that what the NEED AMMO radio command is for.   I know where as a pilot to put a target, so its almost PERFECT in their box.    U miss that.  THATS YOUR FAULT.
lynxlyran
+15|6794

dankassasin42o wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

It takes about 6 - all 8 rockets from the pilot to destroy armor.   It takes 1 from the tv.    Im not saying i cant use the pilots rockets.    The TV is more deadly and efficent.    See, im tryin to STAY ALIVE.    so y fuck around with my missles, when i could use a gunner/or my self in the gun seat to hit the target with a TV an grantee a kill?      I think thats choice of survival, as opposed to not being able to use my rockets.     Remember the pilot fires from rocket pod, the TV.  Hellfire missles.
Ok so it's harder to kill armor w/ rockets. But a 1337 pilot should be able to do it with one pass and you get 3 reloads. In my experience, it is much easier to wipe out another chopper with well placed rockets. Earlier in this thread, some pilot whining about bad gunners against choppers just shows he is useless as a pilot, you shouldn't even need a gunner to go against another chopper. But I think the biggest loss to the team because of solo pilots is that they can't circle hover while gunning infantry spawns or large groups of infantry anywhere. The sheer brutality of keeping down the infantry at the last flag or blunting an infantry charge on a base is priceless and cannot be done by a solo pilot.

Last edited by lynxlyran (2006-07-24 12:43:07)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6698|USA bitches!

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

I liken Solo-choppering to sniping.

Close range combat against another chopper, a soloer will likely lose if he can't nail that TV shot.

Soloers are ususally up high, out of the main action, dispersing death from long range (450 m baby).
I beg to differ. I may be one of the few, but I'm about 50-100m off the ground soloing. I get shot down by jets and helos more often, but I can get tanks and cars easier. I'm not some little bitch that fucking sits back in the fog and fires away without the hint of danger. I'd rather be right there helping my teams as much as I can. Checkout my tag for my helo vid. You can see I don't do it like a bitch, like some people. And, no, I'm not saying I'm the best at soloing either, because I'm not.
dankassasin42o
+68|6829|Reefersyde, CA

lynxlyran wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

Ok so it's harder to kill armor w/ rockets. But a 1337 pilot should be able to do it with one pass and you get 3 reloads. In my experience, it is much easier to wipe out another chopper with well placed rockets. Earlier in this thread, some pilot whining about bad gunners against choppers just shows he is useless as a pilot, you shouldn't even need a gunner to go against another chopper. But I think the biggest loss to the team because of solo pilots is that they can't circle hover while gunning infantry spawns or large groups of infantry anywhere. The sheer brutality of keeping down the infantry at the last flag or blunting an infantry charge on a base is priceless and cannot be done by a solo pilot.
In the situation of infantry, you are correct.  an pilot/gunner combo makes for the better.   I have seen pilots do it alone, HOWEVER.  I my self will not.  Ill solo against chopper/jets/and vehicals.  But for infantry,  having a gunner is best.    Ill admit that.    Yes a skilled pilot can use the rockets givin to him.    But y use those when i can hit them with 5 of the rockets, and their not dead,  but i can hit 1 time with TV and boom pilot/gunner (2) are dead. With a single shot.
l41e
+677|6798

usmarine2005 wrote:

=DHG=ArkAng37 wrote:

You know what makes me so mad that I want to squirt lemon juice im my eye?
WTF

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard