CreepingDeath
+1|6759
OMG it is saying I have a bad CD key but it never asked me for one while DL and installing ..Or did i miss something somewhere?
Problem 1 so far . . .
ayb
+0|6770|Orlando, FL
i don't think you can complete the install process without entering a cd key, so you most likely did something wrong.
fizz85
+1|6804|Voice of reason
I just installed with no problems at all. It was the download version. All it asked me was to insert disk one of BF2 and the rest took care of itself.

Last edited by fizz85 (2005-11-22 09:53:05)

CreepingDeath
+1|6759
I was never given a CD key or a chance to type it in anywhere plus I was all logged in to EA downloader with my account so they already know that i bought the game since they let me DL it.
Again a EA mess up ..
whats the ea support help page oh yeah I have that one memorized . .   :-(
fizz85
+1|6804|Voice of reason
I never had to type in anything either. I also did not recieve any type of key. I just worked. Don't worry there are no servers anyway. By the way we can't play BF2 either because we have the newer version. Man I am so glad I downloaded it. lol

First to have it but nobody to play with. Too funny...
CreepingDeath
+1|6759
give me about a hour and ill start a server on my comp just to try it out ..
I checked with EA and was given the thought I have to completely un install and re install it all once more and its a BIG mite work ..
fizz85
+1|6804|Voice of reason
I hope it works for you man... I would be pissed and beyond all reason.
Dopin_Nuts
+1|6768
yeah...mine installed fine but it freezes when i try to login...
fizz85
+1|6804|Voice of reason
I have been very lucky no probs except the lack of servers.

Last edited by fizz85 (2005-11-22 10:09:32)

Buzerk1
+44|6851

fizz85 wrote:

I just installed with no problems at all. It was the download version. All it asked me was to insert disk one of BF2 and the rest took care of itself.
It ask me the same, had the CD in the drive... but did recognized it

Already wrote to support to understand what's going on.
fizz85
+1|6804|Voice of reason
Only thing I can think of is when it asks you that click ok if you have not already or pop out the disk and reinsert it and see if it will  recognize it then. I am sure you tried this but in case you did not I am just trying to help.
CreepingDeath
+1|6759
Yeah I tried that .. Im already re installing it again .. grrrr ..
but if anyone is intrested PM me in about a hour and ill start a server to try it out by my IP .
elbowdeeplove
BWNED!!!
+0|6796|Texas
I keep getting patch failed when installing from the CD...  I've reinstalled the original BF2 and I have my background apps turned off.  WTF?!?
CreepingDeath
+1|6759
Oh did you also all notice that it is also saying we already have to go and get a patch update?
A Battlefield 2 v1.12 (280MB) funny how a new game comes out and already another patch for it.
Plus you have 23,025 other people Dl that at the sametime as well. the page cant be found it is saying off of EA site.
CreepingDeath
+1|6759
NOPE i uninstalled and re installed it all and still bad CD key it is saying  .. THIS IS BS  ..
Buzerk1
+44|6851
Problem fixed... rebooted and redid the install...installed!!
fizz85
+1|6804|Voice of reason
Cool man here is the link for the new patch
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlef … nloads.jsp
Jodah3
+1|6754

CreepingDeath wrote:

Oh did you also all notice that it is also saying we already have to go and get a patch update?
A Battlefield 2 v1.12 (280MB) funny how a new game comes out and already another patch for it.
Plus you have 23,025 other people Dl that at the sametime as well. the page cant be found it is saying off of EA site.
No surprise there, when a game goes live there are always a few critical bugs found that were not caught on the test servers and you can't update cd's that have already been shipped around the world.  Just be patient and everything will be up and running at some point this week.

As to other problems such as CD keys etc, I couldn't even begin to tell ya
CreepingDeath
+1|6759
here is a message a email i got from EA games about my problem . .

Hello Trouble_Sab,

We have discovered an installation problem with a limited number
of EA customers who downloaded Battlefield 2: Special Forces. 
Unfortunately your account is one of those affected.  If you try
to install Battlefield 2: Special Forces, you will see the error
message, "BF2CDKeyCheck.exe has encountered a problem and needs to
close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

We apologize for the problem and are working quickly to resolve it. 
We expect to send you a follow-up email later today with a solution.

Please stay tuned,

The EA team
GO FIGURE

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard