pudpuller
+2|6575
i have just bought my son bf2 and sf and when he plays it, it is really slow to connect/start game, and seem pausy like lag but got a low ping.
his PC is 3200processor, 1gig ocz mem, msi 5900 card
we are on a 4MB cable connection.
is there a setting i need to do to make it run better
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6654|England
first, this is the help for this site.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=11

Next, I have experienced lag with SF nearly all the time. I know of no fix and I'm no computer expert but I believe you have a good computer.

He isn't using wireless, by any chance (I know you have a cable connection, just wondering)
pudpuller
+2|6575
no we r on a router, i get a little on the normal bf lag, but his seems really slow.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6597
maybe pc issues....is there a problem with the his internet
Chou
+737|6801
How about een video card update? hmm?
CommandoRog
+10|6695|USA
I have that problem after i have been playing for 4 to 6 months.Just starts slowing down.
With your hardware and bandwith there should be no problem.
I have a Amd 3800,1geg Ram,Ati 850,768 dsl.
The 1.3 patch really screwed the Client and servers.
I heard if you reinstalled the patch when your game starts slowing down,it will help.
I have never tried it,but i know uninstalling and reinstalling BF2 does not help,i tried it.
I just formated my PC and everything is running fine,but it seems that it ran better before the 1,3 patch.
Maybe one of the pros in the forum can help. :-)
ShockTherapy
+11|6614|Swindon, UK
Do you go in via the start single player / start multiplayer icon?

If I connect via the start multiplayer icon it takes ages (5 minutes and over in some cases) to connect to my account.  If I go in via start singleplayer it goes in straight away.
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6767|UK - England
I use to have this too. I increased my RAM from 1gig to 1.5gig. the problem seems to have gone...
I think you should hit the console key (` or End) while in game and type in renderer.drawfps 1, this will tell you what sort of fps you are getting.
pudpuller
+2|6575
it has the latest card drivers, and when i mean slow to connect i mean a game, so slow sometime he gets kicked for being idle
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

moved to BF2:Help, as this is not an issue with bf2s.com

And btw, I play on an AMD 3200, 1 GB RAM, ATI X800 XT PE, 6mBit DSL.
CPU and RAM are my weak points, obviously. More RAM is always better, same goes for the CPU. As far as loading times are concerned, HD speed is also key.

Unfortunately, I don't have S-ATA HD'S, so it takes me forever to load a map.
Still, once the map has fully loaded, I have no lag issues whatsoever. If you are sure the lags are not related to your internet connection, you should try to tweak the graphic card settings ( resolution, less detail, shaders, AA and AF, viewing distance, the usual stuff ).
Slam
+74|6645
^ what he said
medic.me.elmo
+5|6533|Melbourne, Australia
save up some moolah for another gig of ram. It'll help heaps in the long run
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

Hooten-Delta
+2|6510
Your CPU is fine, I have the same.

Your memory is ok but 2gb does help a lot.

Your GPU is an ancient POS. I'm amazed you can actually play the game with that thing. I imagine this is on mostly low/medium settings. I found my old 6600 difficult to play on and that is 100x better than an 5900.

Depending on your budget you could spring $149 for a 7600gt which is the best bang for the buck right now. I have one and it rocks with BF2. I would do that then get another gig of ram.

Other things to check. Did you install this on an NTFS or FAT32 filestystem? Do you have a PATA or SATA drive? Have you defragged your drive in a while?

I have an AMD 3200, 2gb ram, 7600gt, and a Seagate 7200.9 SATA drive. Just a medium-end computer nowadays. The game loads quickly and I'm usually the first 5 peeps in the game on map reloads.

Last edited by Hooten-Delta (2006-07-24 09:05:21)

Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6690|Broadlands, VA
I thought EA/DICE released a "mia culpa" message on lagginess & CTD relating to 1.3?   The few threads I read on the EA forum was this was a major reason for the official EA servers NOT getting the 1.3 patch.

Or am I getting things confused again?
pudpuller
+2|6575
here a link of the card, msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=FX5900SP(Superior_Product)-VTD256&class=vga , i have tried some of the bits in the link that B.schuss post nice link m8  updated Pb, turned down the Pb checks, raised in the BIOS the card mem. will try some more from this link http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22556 but cant do tip2 cant find the file  BF2.exe File to try the renaming of it, cant find it in bf folder.
will also try the 2gig out of my PC to c if it helps
thanks 4 all your help

Last edited by pudpuller (2006-07-24 14:07:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard