BMF-Nichman
+6|6552
join the server and you team is getting creamed (they havent gotten a kill yet) and when the round ends your the only one that has above 1 kill.  i just got done doing this on a wake server and it pissed me off. the next round i tried getting off the carrier and i couldnt, i capped bases by myself for most of the round while my whole team was on the carrier tking for things that they couldnt even use properly. to make myself feel better i tk till i get banned.

i think it is sad when you are a one man team, how can other people suck so damn bad? i mean 16 v 16 and the other 15 guys on my team make no attempt to get off the carrier, when they finally get off they die before they get a kill. i played half the round before i tked till i got banned, and my team had not gotten a single kill yet...
Aardcore
+60|6728|USA, Arizona
Wake has a tendency to do that. Try playing Warlord to even that feeling out... or Iron Gator if you're feeling even bolder than from your Wake experience LOL but I wouldn't try that, just stay away from that map and those kind of servers for a while man.
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6548|Australia
the same sort of thing was happening during the holiday pereod (with the pizza hut deal) but now all the kiddies are back to school and there is finally some intellegnce in the Internode wake servers. but you get those games where one whole team seems to be on some sort of drug and is staring at the sky and shooting everything that moves. Annoying and sad as it is, there will always be a few brain-dead randoms on wake servers who act as they are smoking weed.

Last edited by {DHL}SeahawK (2006-07-24 01:07:37)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6674|BC, Canada
to many.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

Similar sort of things, yeah. Sometimes when playing, I wonder if im the only one who worries about capping and defending flags, especially as Chinese on Wake.
I had a game on Midnight Sun the other night, there was a 10v10 on the 64 size map, so I joined it being that no other server with the map had anyone on it.
Join onto US, and we have our uncap and 1 other flag. Great, we have sod all flags and all the high ranked players.
On our team, was a clan of 3 members - a Major, Lt.Col and one ranked Sgt or something. When I joined, the scores were about 250-250 and the highest points was 40, which was the Major on our team.
So I spawn, take the APC and cap a few flags back, killing lots of wannabe spec ops trying to C4 me all the time, of which not one took me out (only a heli and arty got me in the end).
By the end of it, not only was the commander giving me every single UAV and Supply that I asked for, but I hit 90points and beat those guys who had been in it from the start. I ended with 32/2 and 28 teampoints (flag capping mostly).

I was like, wtf? That Major and Lt.Col came midway up the leaderboard in the end and their Sgt came second. Only person who beat me was our commander with 140 score.

I have a screenie of me at 49points, third from bottom where the highest scorer on our team had 67 (209-112 the scores were)
In the final screenie, I had 90pts at the top, and that same guy with 67 - was on 85 in second. And he was a clanplayer. In fact, he was the Sgt of those 3 clan members.

I know im bigging myself up here, but when you play games like that, you just wonder what would have happened if <said person> hadnt have joined.
schakl
+21|6704
Thats what I hate with Wake. If I get a plane I fly to a flag AND JUMP OUT to get it. To win Wake as US you have to cap a flag ASAP. All hate all those idiots flying around on Wake seeing tickets going down
voltage
+46|6855|Sweden
Jet is powerful -> everyone want to fly jet.
Pop To Ster
Philosiraptor
+45|6547|Edmonds, WA
Winning a round is better then showqing off your fly boy skills.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6807
Is it?  If you can fly the F35 and beat the crap out of the other side, stay in there.  Don't cap flags.  However, what the OP said is mostly what I see when I play Wake.  So I don't play there very often now.  I much prefer an even contest where both sides have a chance of winning.
Slickfish
+24|6638
I love Wake, its my fav map, but yes if your teams rubbish its annoying, but that goes for all the maps.
Its annoying if the other team have good pilots, but I just love the way it plays.

If the teams are balanced the jets are fighting each other most of the time, I've been in some awsome infantry battles on wake!!!!.

Just depends on what you like, im not a massive Karkland fan, but 90% of servers run it as most people like it.
Moggle
+4|6594|I'm not sure

BMF-Nichman wrote:

join the server and you team is getting creamed (they havent gotten a kill yet) and when the round ends your the only one that has above 1 kill.  i just got done doing this on a wake server and it pissed me off. the next round i tried getting off the carrier and i couldnt, i capped bases by myself for most of the round while my whole team was on the carrier tking for things that they couldnt even use properly. to make myself feel better i tk till i get banned.

i think it is sad when you are a one man team, how can other people suck so damn bad? i mean 16 v 16 and the other 15 guys on my team make no attempt to get off the carrier, when they finally get off they die before they get a kill. i played half the round before i tked till i got banned, and my team had not gotten a single kill yet...
Just had a quick look at your stats, much more impressive than mine. Just wondering though, with all that experience by now did you think to actually talk to your team rather than killing them? I'm guessing you've got voice if you've played this long. If they're all useless running around with no teamwork, form a squad, invite the next 5 highest ranked players into it, bail out (Yes, actually leave a jet voluntarily) over an empty spot of the island, and have them spawn on you. Cap a flag, (any flag).

Most of the other useless smurfs will spawn there, leaving the enemy preoccupied with lots of easy kills. Repeat process with your squad on other side of island or even airfield.

And if your commander is useless/beginner, give him detailed instructions and you'll usually get at least rudimentary help. You have that lovely big undercover deck to be safe on while you arrange this!!!!

I realise that there is a limit to how far this can go (especially on a 64 map), and if everyone on the other side is great, then you're screwed no matter what...but if you think you are so great, then try being truly great (as in, having a worse team and still being good enough to win and kill and score), rather than killing people who aren't as good as you.

I bet your own score would have been better than by doing the solo Rambo act.

P.S Play 32 Wake, inherently much more balanced than 64.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard