KuSTaV
noice
+947|6482|Gold Coast
Im freezing my ass off now in Aus. But then again, i do kinda live in a cave and not do anything. But on school days everyone is wearing jumpers.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
)ONS(Geordo
+12|6527|whitehorse, yukon

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

can someone link to a Celcius-Farenheit Conversion site?
for c to f you multiply the c by 1.8 and add 32 degrees,
  for f to c you subtract 32 degrees and  devide by 1.8
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6510|GREAT Britain

Pop To Ster wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

i dont know if its because of global warming or not, but scientists are predicting that an uber tsunami will slam into the us west coast not too long for now.  hey maybe its a good thing, couple thousand flamers dead.......
jk i wouldnt want anybody to die...
Because of the damn San Andrease fault line and the tetonic plate on the west coast. I live close to Seattle, so i guess i'm screwed
isnt that a fault like the one that hit in 2004, its the same kind of fault they found, and it is just off the coast of washington or something? and when the tsunami comes it will hit some of southern canada, all of the washington coast, all of the oregan coast, and some of northern california, and it could get to about 12-13 miles inland? .i was watching a tv program on it not too long ago.

also the san andreas fault shits me up having moved here. most people dont even seem to care that their could be a huge bay area earthquake, they just say oh loma prieta wasnt that bad, or itll be ok, its a surprising ignorance, what they dont realise is the earthquake that is coming will have the power of 30 of the 1989 quakes and will kill thousands. i sure hope im not in the bay area when the big one comes

the world does seem crazy right now too, u have to admit it does seem to be hotter every year, even if its just by a degree, it does seem to be steadily on the rise, and there has been lots of natural disasters recently
StickyBombs
+8|6728|Sacramento, CA (USA)
Oh man your telling me its 111 today in Sacramento, and expected to be 117 tommorrow...Somebody save me.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL

elite wrote:

This summer is hotter than average with a new record set for july, in the sound of britian, the water reserves have pretty much run out, in one area 75,000 people have gone with out water because its run out totaly, and its hardly raining to next year would be even worse.

windows are breaking nder the heat, trains are delayed because the lines maybe bend and break, the roads are melting so gritters for the snow have come out for summer to stop the roads from sticking to the cars, great white sharks are found in the waters off cornwal now which is very unusual.

Global warming is really kicking in here in britian!!

is it happening anywhere else or just here??
Oh STFU.. for Christ's sake the UK must have some pretty low engineering standards if trains are unable to run and windows break in 75 F heat lmao...

You really have no idea what "heat" is.. please go to Texas in mid-summer... they're averaging 95F to 100F everyday... and yet they still receive water and the railroads still operate.. jeez.
bigp66
+63|6518|memphfrica-memphis,TN
very true
im in memphis and its always in 90s........and i thought i had it bad untill i went to texas, which i go there a lot and it is pretty hot there too........but im used to it from where i live
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6677|Germany
Baaah... stop whining.... this summer is great... Last week I spent my day a work in an office without aircon and enjoyed the sun outside during my breaks.... 35-38°C wearing long black trousers and a half arm shirt (black). This is definitely my kind of weather. Tonight it was 25°C at 1AM..-
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville
oh no's were all going to die.. LIQOUR IS BETTER THAN WATER UMMM.
Rosse_modest
+76|6746|Antwerp, Flanders

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

elite wrote:

This summer is hotter than average with a new record set for july, in the sound of britian, the water reserves have pretty much run out, in one area 75,000 people have gone with out water because its run out totaly, and its hardly raining to next year would be even worse.

windows are breaking nder the heat, trains are delayed because the lines maybe bend and break, the roads are melting so gritters for the snow have come out for summer to stop the roads from sticking to the cars, great white sharks are found in the waters off cornwal now which is very unusual.

Global warming is really kicking in here in britian!!

is it happening anywhere else or just here??
Oh STFU.. for Christ's sake the UK must have some pretty low engineering standards if trains are unable to run and windows break in 75 F heat lmao...

You really have no idea what "heat" is.. please go to Texas in mid-summer... they're averaging 95F to 100F everyday... and yet they still receive water and the railroads still operate.. jeez.
Obviously these things were engineered differently to serve in their respective environments, these temperatures are quite unusual and thus these things are operating on the borderline of the circumstances they're supposed to be operating at. Occasionally train powerlines break here too but that is rare, haven't heard of any problems with the rail network yet so I hope it stays that way (we have a very dense railroad network).

Here in Belgium this month is going down as the hottest July since measurements started (latter half of the 19th century), beating July 1996. If the weather keeps up like this, then the entire summer will become a contender for hottest summer, a record which is currently held by 1976. It appears years that end in 6's have hot summers... Conspiracy alert!!!
Erkut.hv
+124|6705|California
Not for nothing people, but yesterday where I play cards, it was 116 degrees outside. I live in California, but you would think it was New Delhi.

My Mum works in a hospital, she said idiot parents would wait until the last minute to bring their dehydrated kids in, and elderly people wait until they can't walk to decide to go to the hospital.
bigp66
+63|6518|memphfrica-memphis,TN
wow your mom seems mighty smart
Erkut.hv
+124|6705|California

bigp66 wrote:

wow your mom seems mighty smart
Uh... if you were attempting a joke, I think you deleted your punch line?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
Well I know the national gaurd was called for middle america, they were bringing the people to malls and such cause power was out and people where dieing. It's hot and humid here so terrific, can't even really walk around outside cause of the humidided(shit horrible spelling)
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA
yeah in oregon it's like 105.. and humid like the east coast.  It's never like this, something is seriously fucked up.  But its okay cuz ignorance is bliss right?
Chou
+737|6761
It's going to be 31°Celsius / 88° Fahrenheit in my hometown today
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It was 99F where I live in the northwest 'States today. Not the first time, since our summers have been pretty hot over the last few years, but I felt it in my non air-conditioned, non-insulated Ram. And no, I don't think it's because we're destroying the planet.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-07-25 01:58:03)

Jammyc_53
+5|6528|Newcastle-England
i live in the north east of england and theres a dam called kielder dam and theres enough water in there for every one in the world to flush there toilets 3 times and there would be water still left in, so plenty water for us, keep of our water the south !!!! LOL

Last edited by Jammyc_53 (2006-07-25 08:37:58)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

kr@cker wrote:

actual temps here have been aroun 103f/39c, but it stays so humid in georgia that the heat index (heat/humidity combined) has been +110/+44, not sure if i converted correctly, don't know if i'd call it gw though, considering we have record lows just about as often
It's a dry heat here, but we hit a nice cozy 110F the other day.  In fact, we have had almost two straight weeks of 100+ days.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
the sun god is a pussy, bring on the HEAT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard