ud bslapper
+0|6951
SO Im coming into a fair amount of cash soon and was thinking whats the ULtimate System ?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6920|The United Center
go to http://www.falcon-nw.com/

you wont have to worry about building it, and as far as i know, they make some of the best computers out there.

not like it matters...all of your stuff will be outdated in two months anyway, no matter what you buy.
Crypto_420
+25|7017|Portland
I would go with the AMD 3700+ 64bit 754pin,   Asus nforce3 mobo,  256GDDR3X800XT, Geil 2x1gbDDR400(2gb) dual hard drive set in raid, 2xWD80 8mg cash7200rpmSATA150 or bigger(100gb,120,160gb)

This is the set up that will own, best bang of the buck
minersny{FU}
+0|6905
try www.cyberpowerinc.com   good pc's fair prices, and you build your own pc online, thwey have techs who will help you build based on what you want to use it for.  I stand by them they built me a great pc!
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6937

my friend just got the best computer. well, best that i've heard of or know personally.

here it is...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
4gb DDR PC3200 ram
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Mobo
2x XFX 7800GTX SLi graphics cards
1.2TB 7200rpm SATA drives in RAID-0 configuration. (4 drives total)
Creative X-fi Fata1ity sound card
Reserator passive watercooling (silent)
Enermax Noisetaker 600W PSU

wowzers. dunno how much that shit costs though
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6944|AUS, Canberra
whatever you build it will remain the most kick ass for around 1 week till something better is released!

Coolbeano wrote:

my friend just got the best computer. well, best that i've heard of or know personally.

here it is...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
4gb DDR PC3200 ram

there is already better graphics card out,

its 7800 gtx but 512 mb memory
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|7015|Cologne, Germany

Coolbeano wrote:

here it is...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
4gb DDR PC3200 ram

wow. that's pretty neat. don't know if a dual processor mainboard will be necessary for gaming though.
And I'd suggest 10.000 rpm raptors for HD. Helps a lot when loading game data and verifying it.

But as people have said, whatever hardware you buy, it will be outdated a couple of weeks later.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6966
Better hard drives available - go with a pair of Western Digital Raptor 74gb 10,000rpm drives for windows and bf2 and have a couple of 500gb 7200 drives for big storage.

The graphics cards you want are the XFX 7800GTX Extreme Edition 512Mb.

If you're going down the dual core processor route, the AMD FX57 is still king of the bunch.

If you want to build your own, there's a bunch of sites out there determined to give the best prices.  Shop around.  If not, and when you're spending the big bucks it may be wise to get someone else to build for you, then www.savrow.com are quite well spoken of.
Goose1123
I hate stupid people.
+0|6954|Illinois

ud bslapper wrote:

SO Im coming into a fair amount of cash soon and was thinking whats the ULtimate System ?
My first questions for you would be: How experienced with building/maintaining systems are you?
                                                    What is your approximate budget?
                                                    Does this budget include the mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers, etc;
                                                           or just the tower?

Answer these questions and then we can start looking at what components would best fit your need and experience.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6938|Toronto Canada
OMG THOSE ARE TEH 1337 SPECS (v)
Nehil
+3|6905|South Sweden (NOT SWITZERLAND)
Bah, this is what you want:

Mobo: MSI K8D Master3-133-FS
2x AMD Opteron 280 (totally 4 cores)
24Gb ram with that
7800Ultra (GTX with 512mem)
Some SCSI disk's with 15.000rpm
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6945|Mechanicsville, VA

Nehil wrote:

24Gb ram with that
Opteron series = SERVER ONLY cpu
shortah

Coolbeano wrote:

here it is...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
4gb DDR PC3200 ram

Close but not the best.

AMD 64 FX-57 is faster tan 4800+
OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 2x1024MB Platinum Edition Dual Channel Kit
(get 2 of the 2x1gig kits) they run in pairs better especially if your going to go with the asus dual channel board above. (total of 4 gig)
2x Gigabyte GV-3D1-68GT in SLI
I would NOT suggest doing a RAID-0 with 4 drives... I would do Raid-0+1 with 2 drives(storage) and your system drives 2 of them in Raid 1, this would be the most speed efficient and system tolerant. I also wouldn't do 7200rpm sata drives, I would do 2 10000rpm WD Raptors for the system drives and 2 Hitachi Sata3 500gigs for the storage.
Creative X-Fi Platinum is the best sound card out at the moment.. the Fatality is just too much extra crap that you won't ever use.
I would suggest the Zalman Resenator 1 Plus for a water cooling system.
I would also suggest getting an 850 watt powersupply if you seriously want to beast it up and not have to worry about power lag.
Nehil

shortah wrote:

Nehil wrote:

24Gb ram with that
Ehhh? They are indeed mainly used in servers but do you think they can't be used for playing games??
If so, please think again.
SargeX_au
+29|6926
AMD Athlon64 3800+ Socket939 DUAL CHANNEL 64bit CPU
MSI K8N SLi PLATINUM Motherboard inluding
Geniune Creative Digital Audio sound, Gigabit LAN, USB 2.0, Firewire ect.
2gig of DDR400 High Performance Memory running Dual Channel (4 x 512meg)
16x DUAL LAYER DVD Burner and an extra 16x DVD-Rom for movies, backups, and the latest games on DVD
300gig SATA Harddrive for the latest and fastest Performance

2 x nVidia 6800-ULTRA 256meg PCI Express video cards running SLi mode for extreme gaming
Internal 12 in 1 Memory card reader and a floppy drive for every day needs with file transfers and memory types
SuperFlower 500watt PSU with large 120mm fans for quiet operation.
XG VIPER Gamers Case with grab handles, cable tidy, temperature monitor, crazy side window and the best paint job you will probably ever see in a case.

To make this a complete computer package we have also included the following....
StarKey SILVER / BLACK Keyboard
5 Button BLACK Optical Mouse
17inch 8ms TFT Gaming Monitor or a 19inch Flat CRT Monitor
5.1 Channels Labtech ARENA 675 Speaker Set featuring powerfull bass Or Equivilent alternative

....eh but thats in australia...(gamedude.com.au)..very cheap though for $3499 au
shortah

Nehil wrote:

shortah wrote:

Nehil wrote:

24Gb ram with that
Ehhh? They are indeed mainly used in servers but do you think they can't be used for playing games??
They are suppose to be server cpus, ex. you have to use r-ram with them.. go look at specs. But yes you are correct about them being the fastest, they are the fastest AMD series but not for personal use. They were designed for servers. But yes they can also be used for personal use.. but why?
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6995
Go here: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 … 730,00.asp

almost $7000.00 of glory for you to waste your money on!
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6937

lol.. a lot of you are talking like it's my computer. like i said, it's the best that i personally know and my friend's, not mine.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|7015|Cologne, Germany

well, I am not going to build a new comp before the new windows comes out in summer of 2006, so I am in no hurry. But I like everyone's ideas. Personally, I'd go with the AMD 64 FX-57 if I had to get a new comp now.

In germany, retailers are now shipping standard "off-the-shelves" computers with dual processors. it seems that will be the way to go, even if no one of the standard customers will ever use their PC for something that actually requires two processors.

to me, as far as a dedicated gaming rig is concerned, dual processors don't make sense. the fx-57 can handle anything gaming has to offer these days and for a long time to come.
shortah

B.Schuss wrote:

well, I am not going to build a new comp before the new windows comes out in summer of 2006, so I am in no hurry. But I like everyone's ideas. Personally, I'd go with the AMD 64 FX-57 if I had to get a new comp now.

In germany, retailers are now shipping standard "off-the-shelves" computers with dual processors. it seems that will be the way to go, even if no one of the standard customers will ever use their PC for something that actually requires two processors.

to me, as far as a dedicated gaming rig is concerned, dual processors don't make sense. the fx-57 can handle anything gaming has to offer these days and for a long time to come.
Its not that nothing requires 2 processors, its that nothing is currently written except for enterprise software that utilizes the 2 processors efficiently.
Nehil

shortah wrote:

Nehil wrote:

shortah wrote:

They are suppose to be server cpus, ex. you have to use r-ram with them.. go look at specs. But yes you are correct about them being the fastest, they are the fastest AMD series but not for personal use. They were designed for servers. But yes they can also be used for personal use.. but why?
For maximum overkill! Think about it, you have 24GB of ram with 4 cores! THATS what I call making multitasking easy.
4lter_3go
+1|6920|Leighton Barracks, Germany
i prolly got one of the best comps. *not prebuilt*

AMD FX-57
Asus A8N sli Deluxe(not much difference from the Premium)
2GB Geil(4x512mb)(want GEIL ONE)
2x eVGA 7800GTX KO ASC3 (dont care about others and video memory doesnt make a difference 256 0r 512)
1 300GB SG HDD SATA (Dont like raptors{not worth it for amount of space} or raid{one goes bad ur fucked})
SB AUDIGY 2 ZS (i know the X-FIs are out but they were sold out for weeks so i got this, will upgrade)
Enermax PSU 600w
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
Sony 17" LCD(ok not the best out but the best there was at my local store)
MX1000 laser mouse

when the new motherboards that utilize the PCI-X bandwith(16x16) come out, ill prolly pick one up, along with a fataly X-FI card, since itll prolly give me a couple more frames (free up some cpu) in BF2

0h yea, almost forgot............TOTAL CO$T $3,100
and im only 18
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6923|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

Coolbeano wrote:

here it is...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
4gb DDR PC3200 ram

My God...that's almost exactly what I plan to build in 2 months...except that my workplace forces me to another proc/mobo combo, which won't perform as well...
Nehil

4lter_3go wrote:

AMD FX-57
Asus A8N sli Deluxe(not much difference from the Premium)
2GB Geil(4x512mb)(want GEIL ONE)
2x eVGA 7800GTX KO ASC3 (dont care about others and video memory doesnt make a difference 256 0r 512)
1 300GB SG HDD SATA (Dont like raptors{not worth it for amount of space} or raid{one goes bad ur fucked})
SB AUDIGY 2 ZS (i know the X-FIs are out but they were sold out for weeks so i got this, will upgrade)
Enermax PSU 600w
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
Sony 17" LCD(ok not the best out but the best there was at my local store)
MX1000 laser mouse

when the new motherboards that utilize the PCI-X bandwith(16x16) come out, ill prolly pick one up, along with a fataly X-FI card, since itll prolly give me a couple more frames (free up some cpu) in BF2

0h yea, almost forgot............TOTAL CO$T $3,100
and im only 18
Yes, Oh my God. You are rich, you now won the Internet! (Why brag on the internet when you won't probably ever meet one of us?)
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6995

4lter_3go wrote:

Clearly you have no clue how RAID works - if you stripe and mirror you get the redundancy - which is exactly why you RAID - so if one goes bad who gives a fuck - keep playing and when you have time go buy a new one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard