kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6851|Bryan/College Station, TX

dankassasin42o wrote:

9/11 CRAP
Please remove yourself from this discussion and this thread. Your input is no longer needed as you are incapable of remaining on topic.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6557|Southeastern USA
i've tried, my cauliflower penor is too short
dankassasin42o
+68|6687|Reefersyde, CA

Chuckles wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

how about you prove bush did it......on another thread
How about ill do it right here for you in 1 sentence.     Take a look at the video of the confrence bush did a few months after 9/11 in florida.   Where a lil girls asks " Mister president, what did you think when you were told about the planes on 9/11?"     His anwser, " Well i was watching TV, just an ordinary TV, and saw the 1st plane hit, while i was waiting outside the classroom, and i thought,  Wow thats a really bad pilot.   then i went in to the class an was reading, my advisor came in a told me a 2nd plane had hit, and i realized it wasnt an accident." 

The 1st FUCKING PLANE WASNT SHOWN ON TV UNTIL SEPT 12th.    It was SAID THAT BUSH KNEW NOTHING OF IT UNTIL HE WAS INTRUPTED IN THE CLASSROOM.   SO WHY  THE FUCK DOES HE RECALL WATCHING IT HAPPEN???  MAYBE B"CUZ HIS TV HAD A DIRECT VIDEO FEED,  SO HE COULD BE SURE HIS PLAN WORKED.   Why WERE THE Hi Jacked Planes shot down??     Anwser these.
Seriously, start another thread.  Thanks for stopping by.
Wait, Why?    This goes HAND IN HAND.    Bush isnt willing to destroy a stem cell for research, but is willing to kill 1,000 OF LIVING PEOPLE.   Explain that.   then explain how this doesnt FIT in to the same Convo, of HOW BUSH IS A FUCKING FAG.
rugburnv2.0
+2|6511|MN
Okay, this may be hard for some of you to understand, but here goes...

Bush is not BANNING any stem cell research.  What he vetoed was more FEDERAL FUNDING for said research.  I don't know about you (in the US, anyway), but I really don't like the idea of my tax dollars going to fund Pfizer or Bristol-Meyers or Johnson and Johnson's research into a cure for (insert disease here).  They want the taxpayers to fund all their research, then when they come up with the cure, you think they'll give you a discount???  Do you have any idea what the cures for cancer, AIDS, paralysis, etc would be worth?  If they think there is so much "hope" in stem cell research, let them spend their own money finding it.  They're going to set the price on it anyway.

Just my .02
Chuckles
+32|6555

dankassasin42o wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

no
umm... nice disproving comment.      U have no argument.    Go blow yourself.
Ok, you convinced me.  You win.  Bush did it.  That bastard!

I tremble in the wake of your debating skills, and the numerous references you have provided.  Your presence here has been like the sun rising on our pitiful little lives.

Now go away and let the adults talk.  Take one of ten with you.

Buh Bye.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

dankassasin42o wrote:

Wait, Why?    This goes HAND IN HAND.    Bush isnt willing to destroy a stem cell for research, but is willing to kill 1,000 OF LIVING PEOPLE.   Explain that.   then explain how this doesnt FIT in to the same Convo, of HOW BUSH IS A FUCKING FAG.
Because we are discussions the agreement or disaggreement of the vetoed stem cell research bill. We are NOT discussing if Bush is a fucktart. I already know it's true and hence do not need to discuss that in this thread. Please pull your head out of your collective ass and get back on topic or else LEAVE this thread. My humble request as the person who started this thread. Thank you.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

rugburnv2.0 wrote:

Bush is not BANNING any stem cell research.  What he vetoed was more FEDERAL FUNDING for said research.  I don't know about you (in the US, anyway), but I really don't like the idea of my tax dollars going to fund Pfizer or Bristol-Meyers or Johnson and Johnson's research into a cure for (insert disease here).  They want the taxpayers to fund all their research, then when they come up with the cure, you think they'll give you a discount???  Do you have any idea what the cures for cancer, AIDS, paralysis, etc would be worth?  If they think there is so much "hope" in stem cell research, let them spend their own money finding it.  They're going to set the price on it anyway.

Just my .02
Yes we already know this. And we have already discussed that additional funding regardless of where it comes from can only help. And yes the shouting match about supporters funding the program themselves has already been done. Thank you for your input however.
dankassasin42o
+68|6687|Reefersyde, CA

rugburnv2.0 wrote:

Just my .02
Id rather pay my tax dollars to Curing (said disease)  then have my tax dollars fund a war, based on bullshit.

Id rather benifit the world then own it.
Chuckles
+32|6555

rugburnv2.0 wrote:

Just my .02
That's right.  They need to save that money to give more subsidies to those poor oil companies.  They're the ones that are going to swoop in and save us in the end.

Why not make a law that subsidizes the research and then makes the drug companies pay a percentage of future earnings from the technology?  Why limit the research?

Last edited by Chuckles (2006-07-21 14:43:05)

Havazn
+39|6702|van.ca
I personally like the fact that Bush stood there holding snowflake children while saying he cant possibly sign the bill for funding research. I mean, that kid he's holding would never have been born WITHOUT such research. Its just beyond me.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
Horrible. Just horrible.

-1, president bush.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6724|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but...I am against the idea of harvesting human life, even life that might not yet be self aware but still has the potential to become human, even if it has the potential to benefit others.  Btw as a diabetic it is possible that I could benefit from this kind of research, but even if it becomes practical I still would have that moral dilemma before accepting any treatment stemming from this kind of research.
jonsimon
+224|6503

mcgid1 wrote:

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but...I am against the idea of harvesting human life, even life that might not yet be self aware but still has the potential to become human, even if it has the potential to benefit others.  Btw as a diabetic it is possible that I could benefit from this kind of research, but even if it becomes practical I still would have that moral dilemma before accepting any treatment stemming from this kind of research.
What if the embryos have no potential to become humans? Scientists in support of the research are trying to make it understood that embryos created in peitri dishes would not grow into humans and do not have that potential.

This is not an argument for stem cells, just adding another fact to the table.
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6663|United States of America
Lets just round up everyone that voted for John Kerry.  They show no signs of brain activity, a thus are not viable canidates to develop from a liberal into a human.  Zygots at least have a pretty good track record of becoming humans.

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2006-07-21 21:38:34)

BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6578|United States
These are not embryos that have the potential to become humans. The bill was to grant the ability to do stem cell research on embryos that were destroyed or going to be thrown away. So why waste what you're going to waste in the first place? I just don't get Bush sometimes. I understand he's a Christian, and I understand how this sensitive topic can raise many questions about moral standings, but come the hell on. Countless embryos are destroyed on a daily basis because they're damaged, etc. Where is the moral delima? Basically Bush is saying that he has no problem with embroys being tossed out, but he has a problem with these same embryos being used to save a countless amount of lives????
Chuckles
+32|6555

Major_Spittle wrote:

Lets just round up everyone that voted for John Kerry.  They show no signs of brain activity, a thus are not viable canidates to develop from a liberal into a human.  Zygots at least have a pretty good track record of becoming humans.
Some might agree with that point whole heartedly.  If, of course, you removed "John Kerry" and replaced it with "George W. Bush" and "liberal" with "Conservative".

I wouldn't be one of them, but some might agree.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

Chuckles wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Some might agree with that point whole heartedly.  If, of course, you removed "John Kerry" and replaced it with "George W. Bush" and "liberal" with "Conservative".

I wouldn't be one of them, but some might agree.
True true.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6690|Canada
apparently 50% of donor embryos used for research die anyway when being thawed, and that most embryos come from failed conceptions.

the conservatives seem to be the only ones reduced to name calling when it comes to argument

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-07-22 16:58:46)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6634|Canada

-=NHB=- Bananahands wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Im not a crazy christian or anything. Its a matter of morals. I just dont like the idea of creating life then ending that life, especially when there are alternative methods able to be used.
It's not a "matter of morals". What I find immoral about this is that Bush is so stubborn to prevent technological advancements in medicine and safing lives because he finds it against HIS PERSONAL beliefts.

Something that is a few weeks old or maybe a couple of months isn't alive, it is not a human, it is a growth inside someones body. The people who sell their unborns to stem cell research don't plant the egg with the intention of doing that. Many of the donaters are unwanted pregancys, meaning that this research and technology also helps them from undergoing a lot of pain themselves.
You have no morals or any ability to use spell check. That "thing" would become a child. It could be a the next Mozart or just an ordinary person. Who are we to decide that we can end that life before it even begins? Thats playing God and I dont have faith in humans to be able to make that judgement.
the key word WOULD. it isnt a child yet. eating veal is wrong /w u to? cuz that veal WOULD become a cow eventually. sacrafice a few to save the many, how hard is it to understand? IMO and the opinion of the MAJORITY of the world, 10 "lives" (if u want to call them alive) could cure/save 1 in 3 americans with illneses alone would b worth it.

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2006-07-22 19:36:29)

HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6690|The Lou

dankassasin42o wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

I'm glad, i think abortion is wrong when People do it for "convenience".

I know someone that has diabetes and still would rather have diabetes than take the life of an unborn, even if they were to be disposed of anyway.
What if you were 16, and your girlfiend also 16.    Well this summer you go camping.  While your gone, she was raped,  and now is pregnant.    Now her entire life is changed, she wont graduate, or even complete school, she has a basturd child to care for.   You still think abortion is 100% wrong?      If so your so fucked in your head, you should be killed an served on a plate along with BUSH

An asshole like you, would prolly find out, dump her.  and destrory her life so much she takes her own life.   Now thats 2 lost lives.   Ill allow the choice to take 1, then loose both..
i like how you totally stereotype me and assume that you know me, guess what assuming does, makes an ass out of you.

Really, i still think that abortions wrong and considering i said "convenience" you dumb bitch so go suck at life you abortion survivor. and 90% of women that get an abortion say that they were wrong and shouldn't have and WOULDN'T have but they were misled and lied to. so go fuck yourself you tool.

and saying that i should be killed? I'm not the one thats fucked in the head, your the one that has anger issues.

Last edited by HURLEY (2006-07-22 19:48:12)

-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6566

destruktion_6143 wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

It's not a "matter of morals". What I find immoral about this is that Bush is so stubborn to prevent technological advancements in medicine and safing lives because he finds it against HIS PERSONAL beliefts.

Something that is a few weeks old or maybe a couple of months isn't alive, it is not a human, it is a growth inside someones body. The people who sell their unborns to stem cell research don't plant the egg with the intention of doing that. Many of the donaters are unwanted pregancys, meaning that this research and technology also helps them from undergoing a lot of pain themselves.
You have no morals or any ability to use spell check. That "thing" would become a child. It could be a the next Mozart or just an ordinary person. Who are we to decide that we can end that life before it even begins? Thats playing God and I dont have faith in humans to be able to make that judgement.
the key word WOULD. it isnt a child yet. eating veal is wrong /w u to? cuz that veal WOULD become a cow eventually. sacrafice a few to save the many, how hard is it to understand? IMO and the opinion of the MAJORITY of the world, 10 "lives" (if u want to call them alive) could cure/save 1 in 3 americans with illneses alone would b worth it.
You have horrible anologies. I dont like veal but that is a bad description because it is already living obviously. You may think that its ok to kill ten would be children to help one person but I dont, especially when there are ALTERNATIVE methods. Say it with me now, ALTERNATIVE methods for getting stem cells.

Last edited by -=NHB=- Bananahands (2006-07-22 22:21:01)

CC-Marley
+407|6836
Adult stem cells now can be used to create any cell of the body.  Don't need to kill the embryonic cells. AM I wrong? Didn't think so.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2006-07-22 22:26:21)

j5f5ff
+11|6758

CC-Marley wrote:

Adult stem cells now can be used to create any cell of the body.  Don't need to kill the embryonic cells. AM I wrong? Didn't think so.
Acording to this http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics5.asp Adult stem cells can not be used to create any cell of the body.  The embryonic cells would come from matter that is not, never was, and never will be living.

Last edited by j5f5ff (2006-07-22 23:30:33)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6710|New York

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Of all the things to pick as a first veto.
What a...I can't even put into words how crazy it all makes me feel.
Very dissapointing to me also. For selfish reasons I cant fucking believe he gave into the Fucking moral police in this country. The same tree hugging bastards that wont let us drill for our own oil because maybe a deer or two might die. This research could save MILLIONS of people from the suffering of day to day life because of a dibilitating disease or injury. Someone like ME!!!! 

I supported GW until now. What a fucktard!
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6710|New York

HURLEY wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

I'm glad, i think abortion is wrong when People do it for "convenience".

I know someone that has diabetes and still would rather have diabetes than take the life of an unborn, even if they were to be disposed of anyway.
What if you were 16, and your girlfiend also 16.    Well this summer you go camping.  While your gone, she was raped,  and now is pregnant.    Now her entire life is changed, she wont graduate, or even complete school, she has a basturd child to care for.   You still think abortion is 100% wrong?      If so your so fucked in your head, you should be killed an served on a plate along with BUSH

An asshole like you, would prolly find out, dump her.  and destrory her life so much she takes her own life.   Now thats 2 lost lives.   Ill allow the choice to take 1, then loose both..
i like how you totally stereotype me and assume that you know me, guess what assuming does, makes an ass out of you.

Really, i still think that abortions wrong and considering i said "convenience" you dumb bitch so go suck at life you abortion survivor. and 90% of women that get an abortion say that they were wrong and shouldn't have and WOULDN'T have but they were misled and lied to. so go fuck yourself you tool.

and saying that i should be killed? I'm not the one thats fucked in the head, your the one that has anger issues.
With the decline of merrage and the Me Me Me attitude in this country. Where you would rather have all these toys and a career while not being tied down and having indescriminent sex, theres going to be a HUGE rise in abortions. Im against abortions for the wrong reasons, But i have to support them being done because of a comitted crime. But for being so stupid as not to use birth control, i have to agree that abortion is wrong in that case.

Ive just been through this, It had to be done, because if my wife kept it her medical condition would have taken her life if we didnt decide after MANY tears, to terminate MY unborn child.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard