Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont
I was just curious as to why my age poll ( http://forums.bf2s.com/viewpoll.php?id=5128 ) was closed.  There wasn't an explanation given and I was sort of interested in seeing the results.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
I should imagine the reason is because, as the first reply in that thread indicates, there's an identical thread that already exists.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

well, I didn't close it myself ( I cannot be everywhere... ) but I guess that would be the reason.

Did you check if such a Poll already existed when you created the topic ?
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont
Did you read my thread, where someone mentioned the same thing?  If you had, you would know that I did know there was another similar poll, but I thought that the age ranges (10 years) were too big.  I decided to start my own poll with a 5 year range.  It's just really frustrating that someone would close it without giving a reason or, apparently, without reading the thread.

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2005-11-22 06:02:56)

C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
Note to person with the randomly capitalised name: I am not a moderator and did not make and decision with regards to your thread. Personally on the forums I am a moderator I make sure I say why a thread is being closed, and I'm sure you'll find the reason was the similarity to another, existing and established thread. Whether or not you believe the age ranges were suitable does not change the fact it was a thread about "What age are you?". Pure and simple, it had been done and wasn't dead from inactivity. This is the same reason the million and one threads about "Will BF2s report BF2:SF stats" and "UBAR is wrong cos I got this" get locked.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

Did you read my thread, where someone mentioned the same thing?  If you had, you would know that I did know there was another similar poll, but I thought that the age ranges (10 years) were too big.  I decided to start my own poll with a 5 year range.  It's just really frustrating that someone would close it without giving a reason or, apparently, without reading the thread.
no, I'll have to admit I did not read it, but i didn't close it either. If I had read it though, I most likely would have closed it too. But I assure you I would have explained why. Nevertheless, Keen's explanation makes sense.

I am sorry your thread was closed, but please understand we are only trying to keep this place "tidy" ( don't know how else to put it ). If you want it re-opened, talk to chuy please

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard