Rakasan
+7|6855|California, USA
The Handerson twins?
Pig_Fooker
+1|6755|Temecula, CA

Nyte wrote:

Sorry if I sounded boastful (still proud of 35% though).  To be brutally honest though, I still suck in the everything else department, accuracy is the only thing I have going.
Higly admirable, shit I'll run for cover if I can when I see you.
d11fdj
+3|6768|Athens
No not the Handerson twins.  Who are they?  I seem to be developing a fetish for gorgeously similar women
Rakasan
+7|6855|California, USA

d11fdj wrote:

No not the Handerson twins.  Who are they?  I seem to be developing a fetish for gorgeously similar women
LOL, they sure are gorgeous every night huh?

edit:  Just messing with you, I guess you don't hear the term "Palmala Handerdson" in Greece.  Think about it, Palm....Hand....

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-22 00:03:43)

Tcx_1
+3|6759|Alberta, Canada
Heres a question about c4 accuracy.  If you strap 2 c4 onto an enemy tank without a gunner, does it mean you only have 50% accuracy for that kill?  Because you used 2 c4 for 1 kill?
Or does it just count the times you detonate c4 without getting a kill? regardless of the number of c4 packs used?
d11fdj
+3|6768|Athens

Rakasan wrote:

d11fdj wrote:

LOL, they sure are gorgeous every night huh?

edit:  Just messing with you, I guess you don't hear the term "Palmala Handerdson" in Greece.  Think about it, Palm....Hand....
Haha that's really funny, no i guess we don't hear about Palmala's newest exploits over here.  have you heard of Madame LaPalma and her five friends though?  Lol.  Oh man i'm wasting corporate time again!  What the chicks like over in Cali Rakasan?  I've only ever made it as far as florida.

Last edited by d11fdj (2005-11-22 00:41:36)

Rakasan
+7|6855|California, USA
Nah, never heard of them.  They aren't the greatest around my area (SF Bay Area).  Now, Southern Caly is a different story it seems....

I don't know why C4 and defib count towards accuracy.  I wonder how C4 accuracy counts when you take out 6 guys, but then again, as long as they die it's all good.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-22 01:21:09)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6832

Nyte wrote:

Hey,

I was wondering why no one ever mentions anything about accuracy as it is a demonstration of both skill, efficiency, and patience.

Low accuracy (< 25 %) means that one needs improvement in aiming, ammo conservation, and a more cooler attitude in heavy gun battles.

High accuracy means (> 25 %) that one has excellent aiming, efficiency, and is able to remain calm in a gunfight.

Another reason is that accuracy is the only (IMHO) REAL measurable performance indicator in this game for the following reasons:

-Kills = time-based, not a skill indicator
-Teamwork = somewhat time-based, a poor skill indicator
-Wins:Loss = Poor skill indicator due to game mechanics. When one joins the game and it ends in 1 min with you losing/winning.  Another bad side is that a amateur player can be on a winning team without actually doing much.
-K ratio = Not a skill indicator, can be easily padded with high player/urban map spawn-camp style playing.
-Average kills = Decent skill indicator, not really much bad sides I can think of.
-Score per Minute = Poor skill indicator, see K ratio
-Awards/Ranks = Poor-Decent skill indicator (Poor for the time-based awards, Decent for the awards such as War College which is not the same as Wins:Loss indicator since this is an extreme case of wins versus losses)
-Accuracy = A true skill indicator, bad side is that there can be workarounds to improve accuracy illegitmately such as cheats, and stat padding.

Not to sound boastful or anything but I believe my accuracy to be one of the best for most weapons (Shotgun, Knife, Sniper Rifle) and fairly good for everything else (overall 35%).
Can't disagree more, mate. I reckon K/D is the best indication of skill. City maps will give you  a greater increase, but its easier to get high k/d on open maps (providing you're good aim).

I also dont think accuracy matters, because bullets are always worth less than lives, and suppressive fire/covering fire is always a good option.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6851
I couldn't care less about accuracy. Mainly because, hey, I like shooting 500 holes into a wall. I like counting how many bullet holes I can get into a wall before the first ones start disappearing. I like slashing tires(even if it does nothing) with my knife. And most of all, I use a shotty and my LMGs the most so I know my accuracy will suck. it's at like 18% right now I think.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6832
Plus you can always put 2 rounds in someone, but then die. If you keep doing this you'll have an incredibly high accuracy but shit ass KDR.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6832

d11fdj wrote:

Look guys, i strongly recommend you stop worrying about the above issues and concentrate on more important facets of life.  Personally, i have more important things to worry about, for example why do i keep on having sex dreams about my girlfriend's twin sister?
You've got a stats sig, dont you? You're on a stats forum, aren't you?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard