Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6753|St. Paul, MN
what do you do when some1 comes up to you and starts fighting you with a knife? do you pump him full of lead? do you blow him away with your noobtube? This is assuming that you're not in a blazing firefight and he comes alone.
I always take my knife out and fight like a man.
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6767
I think. Ha what a fool. This is a war not a PB&J competition.
Maj.Do
+85|6761|good old CA
same ^
Mr_Spork
+2|6750
If there is no one else shooting us, I fight like a man!

Even though there is a 100% chance that I will lose. I'm getting used to it now

I must admit, it's pretty damn rare to find someone else that actually 'fights like a man'.

Last edited by Mr_Spork (2005-11-21 14:41:24)

CackNBallz
+45|6752|Toronto, Canada
I pull out my knife as well. I get angry when my teammate kills the knife wielding foe before I get to cut him up.

With a quick Say All, "Never mess up a man's knife fight!"
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6753|St. Paul, MN

Mr_Spork wrote:

If there is no one else shooting us, I fight like a man!

Even though there is a 100% chance that I will lose. I'm getting used to it now

I must admit, it's pretty damn rare to find someone else that actually 'fights like a man'.
yeah, it's too bad, 4 out of 5 times i just get hosed. what makes me even more angry is when a teammate kills my opponent.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6759|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
I never encounter a knife fight where it's NOT in real combat...so don't expect me to be "honorable" because your friend with the smg next to you will kill me if you don't...
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6753|St. Paul, MN
oh I won't blame some1 for blasting my opponent if I'm in open combat, I was talking about when you're alone with a knifer and a teammate just happens to walk by and nails him when he can see that we were fighting each other.
section9
+9|6856|USA
I pull out my knife but thats when he switches to a gun and blows me away.
dshak
+4|6822
I fight like a man... a man with a gun... and kill the pick sticker.
GTKtino
+0|6779
I always have knife fights, but only when it says "4 more people need to joing the server" or sumthing like that, for the game to start

but when its a real game, its pretty hard, because most of the time now its , I want the kill.. bla bla bla, I want the points, I want to rank up mentallity;

so most people dont care about having a little fun, like knife dueling.
Turtle
+7|6766|Boulder, CO
I almost always pull out my knife unless I'm in a hurry. Half the time we both knife each other at the same time and die, which is definately worth it for a laugh.

I've gotten screwed a few times tho recently. It seems ppl can knife you from 10-15 ft away. You see the animation of them stabbing and see them doing it well out of their reach and still die. Maybe lag.. I dunno, I almost always have a 30-60 ping.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6753|St. Paul, MN
well i dont know about 10 feet away but you can do it if you're a few feet from the guy. I'd say it has a little less than a shock paddle's range.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6783|NRW,Germany
Till now I´ve never found someone running directly towards me with his knife in hand, only those sneaky guys.
If someone sneaks up to me and I notice I shoot him (if my claymores won´t hit him first ) but if someone would come towards me I would pull my knife too.

Till now I only once found someone who pulled out his knife as I was running towards him, in every other case I didn´t come into stabbing range.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6783|Nova Scotia, Canada

Yeah, props to the guys who pull a knife when you come at them with one, and to the guys that pull a knife when someone comes at you with one!
RKF77
+1|6760

Kkookie wrote:

I shoot him square in the face...then I hump his dead corpse for being stupid enough to bring a knife to a gunfight.  Then I pick up HIS kit, take out the knife that got him killed, and stab his dead corpse with it.

Last edited by RKF77 (2005-11-21 16:21:29)

Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6753|St. Paul, MN

RKF77 wrote:

Kkookie wrote:

I shoot him square in the face...then I hump his dead corpse for being stupid enough to bring a knife to a gunfight.  Then I pick up HIS kit, take out the knife that got him killed, and stab his dead corpse with it.
lol, I always tbag my slain enemies and corpses, nothing is more humiliating than seeing someones camo-ass come down on your face while you're unconcious.
dshak
+4|6822
you know... I don't shoot the moron running at me with a knife because I'm a bad sport or I lack skills... I do it to teach a valuable lesson, don't bring a knife to a gun fight... more so I do it to KILL HIS ASS, and not - as someone suggested on here because I want to rack up points or kills, but because I play to win. In BF2 you win by burning up the other teams tickets, one way to do this is to kill people. The game is a combat sim, what do you think would happen if you were on the "modern battlefield" and you charged an armed soldier with a knife?

Just because someone wants their knife badges doesn't make me dishonorable for shooting enemies.
Pig_Fooker
+1|6746|Temecula, CA
I lie down and pretend he doesn't see me.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6761|Toronto, ON
I use knife when I'm within 30m of the enemy, otherwise I use Sniper Rifle.  Met very few people who can actually kill me with a gun while I'm knifing them (Except for the odd Grenade-Launching-Suiciders/C4-Suiciders/Experienced Engineers).
Alpha as fuck.
Scootering_Scoot
+0|6797
Ever time I usally see some I sprint up and jump and prone in mid-air and knife them in head!
But sometimes I die because he gets out his pistol and shoots me.
No matter what kit I have I'll still charge up and stab them.

https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45960455/awards.jpg

Last edited by Scootering_Scoot (2005-11-21 23:10:36)

eatmywheaties
+2|6768
if i see someone wanting a knife fight, i'll give them one.

mano e mano
Hr_Amdi
+0|6770|Denmark
I normally hit the wrong key and take out the medicbag...trying to heal the guy instead og stabbing him /
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6748
as sniper i use knife a lot.

An Engieer I use shotgun (I love pump action shot gun they own, who said they suck? go learn how to use them)
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6762
Some Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders in Iraq probably a year or so ago, pulled off a successful bayonet charge, the last time the British did a bayonet charge was in the Falklands. The brits were outnumbered 5 to 1 and came out with only 3 minor wounds from the hand to hand fighting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard