Jewbat
+8|6742
No, this is retarded. First of all, the hatched is almost always closed.

Second of all, the people driving the tank won't just let you run off with it, so it should (If it would ever be implemented) have some sort of skill involved with it.

And it should also have a time delay before the same car can be jacked.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6596|Vic, Australia
What would you expect, they had it done in a WW2 Steven Spielburg movie.  And, might I add, it was cool as f*ck.  So for SPITE, I agree with him.  It'd be freakin cool as heck. 

Though the driver should be able to close and open the hatch on if he wanted.
Yeah there is a slight difference between World War 2 tanks and todays tanks.

HomiE-G-DOG wrote:

u know, being able to hijack vehicles is a pretty good idea. (At least i think so) it'll be perfect for the peeps

that aren't spec ops, anti-tank or engineer. They can make the red "X" sign show up when you're about to be

hiijacked. Let me know what u guys think.
It's a good idea but it would only be light and maybe heavy transports cause ur not going to be able to steal a tank without crippling it first.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6549|Search Whore killing fields
id riather throw a nade in the tank hatch
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728
reminds me of halo
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

mr.widdim wrote:

A. This was already said.

B. Again, exactly like Halo 2.

C. This would never happen in real life.
What would you expect, they had it done in a WW2 Steven Spielburg movie.  And, might I add, it was cool as f*ck.  So for SPITE, I agree with him.  It'd be freakin cool as heck. 

the turret dont drive the tank in real life.  throw a grenade inside a turret, the tank will still able to maneuver but not fire
you know a turret is directly linked to the rest of the tank, if you lobbed a nade in the hatch it would go down to the bottom of the tank and cripple the entire crew.
FAF-Teeje
+47|6555
lol.  that would be pretty sweet.
kn0ckahh
+98|6750|netherlands, sweet lake city
it would be fun if the engineer kit had an welder so the could weld a grenade inside the turret of the main gun
5peedy
+27|6611|the Faroe Islands

kn0ckahh wrote:

it would be fun if the engineer kit had an welder so the could weld a grenade inside the turret of the main gun
NO WAY IN HELL AM I GONNA WELD A GRENADE...
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6605|Houston, TX

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

reminds me of halo
Yeah, for those of you wishing to do this just play halo 2, you can bash open tank cockpits after boarding them and toss nades in.  Tons of fun!  Also, you can hijack the warthogs (jeeps) and other small vehicles and kick/punch the driver out.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6702|Tampa Bay Florida

Plisken wrote:

Yeah there is a slight difference between World War 2 tanks and todays tanks.

HomiE-G-DOG wrote:

u know, being able to hijack vehicles is a pretty good idea. (At least i think so) it'll be perfect for the peeps

that aren't spec ops, anti-tank or engineer. They can make the red "X" sign show up when you're about to be

It's a good idea but it would only be light and maybe heavy transports cause ur not going to be able to steal a tank without crippling it first.
So what?  If BF2 was realistic, there wouldn't even be soldiers.  It would just be a giant nuke fest.  I think they have a license for being creative, even though in RL it's not really possible.  Besides, I'm pretty sure tanks nowadays have a crew of 5.......... not 1
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6751|Comber, Northern Ireland

LT.Victim wrote:

I think this would be a good idea, just as long as you have to thrown a nade into the Turret at the top to kill the guy and jack the tank. At the moment, u can throw a nade into the Open Turret hatch at the top, but the driver wont get damaged, but it does alot more damage to the tank then throwing it on the ground.
like the game mercinaries
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6710

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

i have been thinking about this, but only on the same team. i think higher ranked players should be able to kick out lower ranked players for a specific spot in a vehicle, similar to singleplayer. this could only be done 2 times in a round, to make things fair.
It's called an M95. And that would SUCK all the little colonels and whatnot would be like 'OMFG GTE OWT OF MI JAY TEN OMFGZ0R!!1!11one'
137twozerosniper
+57|6577|UK
well if i was at war and someone tryed to take my tank or something i would use my gun and BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF THEM!!!
HomiE-G-DOG
+5|6548|Japan
u can already hijack in a way. all u have to do is jump on top of his tank and wait fer himto get out and take his tank. If he calls on his teammates to kill u, too bad
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6731|Las Vegas
Half the damn servers anymore wont even let you go in their base and you think they are gonna let you get in their JEEP?
H0ly(rap
+10|6733|Nebraska
idk to me this sounds like a "special skill" for only like MEC, and only 1 kit would be able to do it or something, cause you don't usually hear about U.S. guys hijacking other peps crap, lol i mean we already have the most advanced stuff in the world, we dont need to hijack, but ya pretty cool idear
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6577|Area 51

HomiE-G-DOG wrote:

Make it a new kit, give it some basic guns, knive, pistol, default gun, hijacking gear (No nades,!!!) That would be sweeeet
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6523|Gold Coast
Cool idea, but the doors are almost always locked.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6607|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
sounds like someone has been playin to much Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6710

No, you shouldn't you wanker.
souljar
+8|6497|Liverpool U.K
Try jacking my j-10 as i go past yo azz doing mach 3 mofo !
BandoIruka
+1|6506
Someone's been watching too much XXX: State of the Union

EDIT: Don't know what I'm talking about? Just to spoil things abit, an M1 Abrams tank was Hijacked in that movie. Daring, but the tank driver should had known better.

Last edited by BandoIruka (2006-07-27 17:07:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard