Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6559|Adelaide, South Australia

Bubbalo wrote:

I think we'd lost to numbers and tech.

Adelaide's a hole.  Comes after Melbourne and Canberra.  But before Sydney.  I have special place of hate reserved for Sydney.
They've got us done in the numbers section, but as far as tech goes, they're not that far in front of us. the Steyr AUG that we have is a better weapon thatn the M-16, and we have teh SAS << FTW

you got it all wrong mate, Melb. is teh hole ( been saying that since Yr7 ) as for Canberra and Sydney, *shudder*
Kimosabe-sa
+11|6729|Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Tyferra wrote:

New Zealand is too far ot of the way to make a good strategic base. Still, if the US did want to use NZ as a base, I'm sure we'd have no problem with helping out, I mean, we are pretty much Allies.
Ummm... your a little wrong there my friend. In February, 1985 New Zealand refused nuclear-powered or nuclear-armed ships access to its ports. In 1986 the United States announced that it was suspending its treaty security obligations to New Zealand pending the restoration of port access. The New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament and Arms Control Act of 1987 prohibits the stationing of nuclear weapons on the territory of New Zealand and the entry into New Zealand waters of nuclear armed or propelled ships. This legislation remains a source of contention and the basis for the United States' continued suspension of treaty obligations to New Zealand.
|AIA| DAS
+23|6537|Me Dad's Wilkins

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Adelaide's a hole.  Comes after Melbourne and Canberra.  But before Sydney.  I have special place of hate reserved for Sydney.
They've got us done in the numbers section, but as far as tech goes, they're not that far in front of us. the Steyr AUG that we have is a better weapon thatn the M-16, and we have teh SAS << FTW

you got it all wrong mate, Melb. is teh hole ( been saying that since Yr7 ) as for Canberra and Sydney, *shudder*
Hahahahahahahaha ROTFLMAO

The Americans have Delta Force, Green Berets, Rangers, Navy Seals.  Anyone Division could single handedly wipe out Aussie SAS.
M16?  What about M4, m249, m240b.

What R U Smokin?  I want some!
Kimosabe-sa
+11|6729|Port Elizabeth, South Africa
AHh but do you have....the flightless bird the kiwi. I think not! ohh the fear that New Zealanders live with every day, around every dark corner, hiding somewhere out there, in the bushes...is a kiwi. Waiting, baying for your blood. Ohh America should be warned now that if an attack was to be made, they would have to fight off the deadly kiwi.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6590|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

The Americans have Delta Force, Green Berets, Rangers, Navy Seals.  Anyone Division could single handedly wipe out Aussie SAS.

Green Berets weren't formed until 1952, Delta Force was based on the SAS firstly and 2ndly wasn't formed until 1978, Rangers were '42 and the Seals didn't come along til 1962.  Although the Australian SAS didn't come along until '64 so you're both talking bollox.  However, let's look at what happens when the Iranians take hostages in an embassy, shall we?

Delta Force (Read Backround, esp "failed Attempt")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_force

Now see what happens when the SAS go in (All terrorists killed, 0 hostages killed or injured)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_embassy_siege

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2006-07-19 17:22:13)

BVC
+325|6735

|AIA| DAS wrote:

I don't know about the Aussies, but for LMGs our troops use the C9, which I'm told is essentially a rebadged M249, given how we seem to like using the same gear as the Aussies, I wouldn't be surprised if they used them too.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

Ummm... your a little wrong there my friend. In February, 1985 New Zealand refused nuclear-powered or nuclear-armed ships access to its ports. In 1986 the United States announced that it was suspending its treaty security obligations to New Zealand pending the restoration of port access. The New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament and Arms Control Act of 1987 prohibits the stationing of nuclear weapons on the territory of New Zealand and the entry into New Zealand waters of nuclear armed or propelled ships. This legislation remains a source of contention and the basis for the United States' continued suspension of treaty obligations to New Zealand.
The key words are "pretty much"; we're not technically allies with the US anymore, but relations lately have been warming following visits by a couple of high-level military personell, some joint excercises and that we have contributed personell to recent US-headed conflicts.  Our SAS even won a presidential unit citation for their work in Afghanistan, I believe its the highest US award that can be issued to a foreign military unit.

And the word "Kiwi" is often used interchangably with "New Zealander", as well as referring to a native bird and a fruit, usage is of course a matter of context.  Thus, "the kiwis will only come out at night for feeding" would probably refer to the bird, wheras "the kiwis are going to kick the springboks collective arses in the upcoming tri-nations game" would be a reference to an upcoming rugby game
vedds
+52|6795|Christchurch New Zealand

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

AHh but do you have....the flightless bird the kiwi. I think not! ohh the fear that New Zealanders live with every day, around every dark corner, hiding somewhere out there, in the bushes...is a kiwi. Waiting, baying for your blood. Ohh America should be warned now that if an attack was to be made, they would have to fight off the deadly kiwi.
Id be very careful about running your mouth off Japie - this weekend is going to be a very interesting period in SA-NZ relations. Personaaly it think it would be mean if the All Blacks didnt let you get at least a penalty, but hey I'm a nice guy.

Seriously i think the occupation of NZ and AU would be two very different tasks. I'm inclined to think that it would be a lot easier for "the resistance" to hide out in NZ given the terrain and forestation, where i would suggeest aussie may be a tougher prospect to operate in outside the population centers.

Oh and DAS AUG > M4
dankassasin42o
+68|6719|Reefersyde, CA

VspyVspy wrote:

It's a good thing they didn't.  Otherwise you'd all be wearing Nike or Reebok shoes, some other name brand clothing label,  listening to rap music and your TV would be full of American sitcoms and reality shows................good thing that never happened huh?

Please note sarcasm and not America bashing
Im from america, and would have perfered bashing.    The people who run this country are soo fucked in thier head.  An metantally retard person could do a better job the fucking bush.    America needs another revolution
|AIA| DAS

dankassasin42o wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

It's a good thing they didn't.  Otherwise you'd all be wearing Nike or Reebok shoes, some other name brand clothing label,  listening to rap music and your TV would be full of American sitcoms and reality shows................good thing that never happened huh?

Please note sarcasm and not America bashing
Im from america, and would have perfered bashing.    The people who run this country are soo fucked in thier head.  An metantally retard person could do a better job the fucking bush.    America needs another revolution
Uh, Yeah, Uh SIMMER DOWN
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6589|Southeastern USA

dankassasin42o wrote:

An metantally retard person could do a better job the fucking bush.
sounds like you're the man for the job
|AIA| DAS

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Green Berets weren't formed until 1952, Delta Force was based on the SAS firstly and 2ndly wasn't formed until 1978, Rangers were '42 and the Seals didn't come along til 1962.  Although the Australian SAS didn't come along until '64 so you're both talking bollox.  However, let's look at what happens when the Iranians take hostages in an embassy, shall we?

Delta Force (Read Backround, esp "failed Attempt")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_force

Now see what happens when the SAS go in (All terrorists killed, 0 hostages killed or injured)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_embassy_siege
What are you blathering on about?

Clearly we are talkingNOW!  Not in 1906.

Oh yes cause those two instances you note are EXACTLY the same.  By far Not.
Lots easier on your own soil M8.

The Navy Seals training program includes video of the SAS.  It shows what NOT to do!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6589|Southeastern USA
don't you know that the sas could have pissed on all the sand that blinded the choppers in iran and prevented the sandstorm?
|AIA| DAS

kr@cker wrote:

don't you know that the sas could have pissed on all the sand that blinded the choppers in iran and prevented the sandstorm?
Oh I didn't realize that, Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

World Special Forces Rankings

#1 / #2 Australian SAS / British SAS (Not respectevly, there always swapping around)

#3 S.E.A.L.S

as for the training vid, its prolly all staged for the yanks (jks)
|AIA| DAS

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

World Special Forces Rankings

#1 / #2 Australian SAS / British SAS (Not respectevly, there always swapping around)

#3 S.E.A.L.S

as for the training vid, its prolly all staged for the yanks (jks)
Well you know what they say about opinions and assholes.

If you have proof, share it!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

[note the (jks) part next time]

Thats just the general opinion of everyone i talk to, and im not the only one who thinks this, i'm sure of that.

and, no i dont know what they say about opinions and assholes. care to shed some light for me?

(actually, i wouldnt mind taking this to a less serious section and continuing this arguement, considering we've practically derailed this thread)
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6877
does NZ have big, scary spiders? I would bring my L1A1 and a big spray can of RAID
|AIA| DAS

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

[note the (jks) part next time]

Thats just the general opinion of everyone i talk to, and im not the only one who thinks this, i'm sure of that.

and, no i dont know what they say about opinions and assholes. care to shed some light for me?

(actually, i wouldnt mind taking this to a less serious section and continuing this arguement, considering we've practically derailed this thread)
The quote is "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink!"
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra
why do birds fly upside down in NZ?

because kiwi's are not worth shitting on  ( sorry Ty )

|AIA| DAS wrote:

you poor uninformed soul
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6785|I'm worldwide, beotch
News - timely and relevant. This is neither.
|AIA| DAS

THA wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

you poor uninformed soul
You poor Blinded by your Nationalism Soul.

Last edited by |AIA| DAS (2006-07-21 11:19:28)

THA
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra

|AIA| DAS wrote:

THA wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

you poor uninformed soul
same could be said for you......
|AIA| DAS

THA wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

THA wrote:

you poor uninformed soul
Never stated that I am an American...!?

Wouldn't I have stated We Americans have, not the Americans have..

Last edited by |AIA| DAS (2006-07-21 11:38:36)

THA
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra

|AIA| DAS wrote:

THA wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Never stated that I am an American...!?

Wouldn't I have stated We Americans have, not the Americans have..
your ip, location 

Louisiana
Baton Rouge
is proxy = false

see Aussies own at Surveillance
|AIA| DAS
I never stated where I lived, ever heard the term resident alien?

BTW you can live in America and not be American...

BTW you are about 2-3 states over.  Apparently you get PWNED at surveillence.  Mr. IP, I'm in the far east corner of Alabama, right near Florida.

Nice try M8!

Last edited by |AIA| DAS (2006-07-21 12:09:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard