nating75
+0|6774
I have never used this tactic. But what I'm wondering (karkand aside) is how a spec-op is getting close enough to you to use this tactic. It takes a bit of skill just to get close enough to a group of people with no body armor. Unless they're dolphin diving their asses all the way there.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

I ran into some C4 whores this weekend.  While they weren't dolphin diving, what they would do is load a buggy with C4, then just suicide into what vehicle, from the other team, that they could find.  They blew themselves up in the process, but if they found a vehicle with more than person, their kills exceeded the ticket for their deaths.

What really pissed me off is that I saw this guy coming again, in a buggy, and got him with a point blank tank round and the damn buggy survived the hit and he got me anyway.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6771|NRW,Germany

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

What really pissed me off is that I saw this guy coming again, in a buggy, and got him with a point blank tank round and the damn buggy survived the hit and he got me anyway.
LOL
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

Tigg@lot wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

LOL
I'm glad you think it's funny! 
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6837
the reason why ur seein a growing population of c4 whores, is because if the preety little explosives ordinace badge... i myself am doing it to till i get xpert.. damn 37 kills... i got to 32 but not 37... crazy...

Last edited by -(PK)-DarkIllusion (2005-11-21 08:55:37)

dshak
+4|6811
I've found most of these little douchbags are suiciding themselves also, so they aren't invincable. This, to me, is one of the lowest methods of attack in the game, and it only hurts your own team (unless you take out a huge group of bad guys, but usually its a one for one)
stef
+-6|6746
look here man I have just posted a tropic about this and dont call it cheap its a stunt thats difficult and depends of timing, speed and more atleast Im glad the team won as I bet your team was a bunch of nadenoobs and many can do this without of hurting themselves or anybody else besides of the enemy atleast I can.

Last edited by stef (2005-11-21 09:03:29)

nating75
+0|6774
I've used car bombs but never suicided using them I got out and let the car roll away a bit into the target as I walk backwards and then blow it. It's not difficult to back a few steps away and then let her rip.

I have blown myself up a few times but it's always on a tank or APC that's raping our team (rape as in owning our team).

Last edited by nating75 (2005-11-21 09:33:26)

CackNBallz
+45|6740|Toronto, Canada
I have now fell in love with this tactic.  I sometimes use it on a single person but that is a waste of C4 pack.

I just love dropping it on a squad leader and another guy, so I thought there was two guys, but three guys spawned on him and I blew them all up.

It isn't a hack. I saw someone do it on me, so I said to myself, why don't I try it myself? I promptly blew myself up and two guys the first time.  But I learned that I could blow C4 in mid-air.

I have now been perfecting the motion.  Sprint, then jump, release C4 high into the air to arc down on enemy, press back and right-click and left-click a fraction of a second after.  I also remember seeing a video in a thread somewhere on this forum.
ayb
+0|6752|Orlando, FL

ayb wrote:

one of the things i liked about bfv was the elimination of uncaps. some were basically impossible to cap because of the time it took but there were no circle with a slash flags (my memory of bfv is a little rusty, if untrue feel free to correct me). it was always fun to respond to crying about base camping "go back to 42 crybaby".
was digging around in my ftp and found this
https://www.generalhaberdashery.com/bf42/funnychat/wha.jpg
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6749
baseline, it reduces it to this: exploiting a weapon sucks. it makes you stupid. its not how the game designers saw it being used, its not something they planned for. they cannot plan for everything; nor can they patch every little woe away.

i agree, c4 whoring is stupid. bunny-hopping is stupid. noobtubing is stupid. why? because they are exploits. they are not cheating, or hacking, but they are wrong. show me one *military* member that is trained to throw C4 like its candy, that is trained to shoot somebody that is 10 feet away from you with a rocket-launcher, or that is trained to jump up and down like they are on a trampoline when they get shot at.

and yeah, i complain about exploiting when i am the victem of the exploit. why dont i complain when i am the perpetrator of the exploit? because i never am. i dont exploit. its like saying "you only dont like murder when your the victem of one" ..well, yeah, but on the other side, i dont go around murdering people now do i?
CBRad929
+1|6782
I dont mind people when they use C4 as long as they are not using the glitch to kill people.  Basically the glitch is to bypass the timer for pulling out the detonator: Jump, Toss, pull out detonator and detonate before the pack hits the ground.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6750

blacksheepcannibal wrote:

baseline, it reduces it to this: exploiting a weapon sucks. it makes you stupid. its not how the game designers saw it being used, its not something they planned for. they cannot plan for everything; nor can they patch every little woe away.

i agree, c4 whoring is stupid. bunny-hopping is stupid. noobtubing is stupid. why? because they are exploits. they are not cheating, or hacking, but they are wrong. show me one *military* member that is trained to throw C4 like its candy, that is trained to shoot somebody that is 10 feet away from you with a rocket-launcher, or that is trained to jump up and down like they are on a trampoline when they get shot at.

and yeah, i complain about exploiting when i am the victem of the exploit. why dont i complain when i am the perpetrator of the exploit? because i never am. i dont exploit. its like saying "you only dont like murder when your the victem of one" ..well, yeah, but on the other side, i dont go around murdering people now do i?
Really where is it that the designers say this is an exploit, which ones have you talked to? I think they would be amazed at all the various ways TEAMS work together to use the different weapons they made.

Obviously the designers made the timing on the device so you would be able to explode it so fast... so obviously they designed it so you could do this. Then again I don't know why I am talking to a guy calling the NOOBTUBE an exploit.
Lawk
+2|6771

RedFiercare wrote:

What happens when you pair bunny hopping with explosives?  A C4 whore.  These guys jump and C4 anything in range.  I have no idea how they don't get injured in these explosions, but apparently they're bulletproof (or plastic explosive proof)

I was playing on my normal Karkand server, and my team (USMC) ran into maybe 8 out of the 12 people on the other team doing this cheap and tasteless tactic.  We were losing 20-50, but managed to destroy all the C4 whores, and then just camp the spawn.  I know, spawnkilling is wrong, but we had to do something. 

Bunny hoppers are killable.  But when you have only a couple of seconds to kill them, it's near impossible.

So anyways, we camped the hotel spawn, because they didn't think they could spawn at their other 5 spawn points.  In the end, 20-50 turned out to be 1-0.  Why?  Because I got like 20 kills spawncamping.

Is the phrase "Two wrongs don't make a right" a good quote in this situation?  Was my team the bad guys, or was the enemy to blame?  Or were we both wrong, and the quote does indeed stand true?
These guys always seem to think there is some kind of unwritten decency code where you are supposed to care what other gamers might think is dishonorable.  This is not true.  When I play, the only gamers I care about are on my team.  For everyone else, die.  Just die.  There is no bad method for killing the enemy.
evillbill
+-1|6732|West Oz
Was on the receiving end of some C4 lobbers the other day. While I don't care how I get killed, and I think that there is definately a certain amount of skill in doing it, it does detract somewhat from the immersion of the game.

Bunny hopping, dolphin diving and C4 'hoppers' just plain look out of place. I guess the leaderboard system in BF2 does tend to push people towards doing anything that will push there score along faster than anyone else. Even if it does look bizzare. 

Need an 'old farts' server. While peeps might try C4 chucking, we just don't have the reflexes or co-ordination to pull it off.
dshak
+4|6811
as far as I'm concerned it requires little skill at all to kill someone if you kill yourself to. for those of you who can pull of the jeep bomb, etc, WITHOUT the suicide, kudos to you. to the rest of you, its rubbish and I hope you are against me, because I don't want you on my team burning my tickets.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6750

evillbill wrote:

Was on the receiving end of some C4 lobbers the other day. While I don't care how I get killed, and I think that there is definately a certain amount of skill in doing it, it does detract somewhat from the immersion of the game.

Bunny hopping, dolphin diving and C4 'hoppers' just plain look out of place. I guess the leaderboard system in BF2 does tend to push people towards doing anything that will push there score along faster than anyone else. Even if it does look bizzare. 

Need an 'old farts' server. While peeps might try C4 chucking, we just don't have the reflexes or co-ordination to pull it off.
EA rushed another game that was obviously not completed. Looks like they are attempting to make up for it with their patches though.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6737

polarbearz wrote:

M-203 wh0ring, C4-wh0ring, DAO-wh0ring. What next? Pistol wh0res?
You forgot Vecile Whores and bunny hopping whores!
HellSibling
+0|6799
while i agree with most of this (C4 whores, bunnyhopping etc) i can't bring myself to agree with the general dissatisification of the "Noob tube"...doesn't the weapon do what it was basically designed for?  launch a grenade?  mabye i am missing the point about all the complaints regarding the "Noob tube" but essentially it does the same thing as a regular grenade doesn't it?  just because it can be fired from distance really shouldn't justify all the bad press it gets...you might as well start in on guys that can throw a regular grenade with high efficiency, or generalize them both and use the term " 'nade noobs "...and just for the record, i rarely use it unless there is an oppurtunity to wipe out a bunch of guys or a blissfully unaware lightly amoured vehicle looking the other way.  and because i don't want to post in another topic and i saw the topic discussed here briefly, there is such a thing as base raping, but its usually called covering fire or suppressing fire...a tactic used by most military agencies across the world...why the hell would i take a tank or APC into a base if i am the only one against a shitload of AT guys??  thats plain stupid, i usually try and keep an enemy base softened up until a squad or two can get there and take the flag, and even then i usually try and stay outside of it in case i missed one or two bad guys. 

whew...what a windbag...
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6749
noobtube (v.) - to use the assault class, but only use the grenade launcher at all ranges, in all situations. even if the enemy is 10, 5, or 2 feet away, they attack with nothing but the grenade launcher. even if they are in a building, they run around with only the grenade launcher out. they simply never use the assault rifle. (n.) one who noobtubes

for those of you that dont know, i dont care if you use the GL. its a great weapon, and a strong addition to any squad. just dont use it all the time, even indoors. that is exploiting that in reality, it would kill you too, but in the game, it will just cripple you.

and i never said that the game designers themselves lable exploits; its simply a matter of common sense when somebody is abusing a feature of the game.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6768|Canada, Ont
Patches Should come out ever Month...a New game can wait. But EA is such a big company and they know they will get sales if they Rush things.

They should be more like Ubisoft who know Video Games alot better.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6741
C4 is for vehicles and Commander's toys.  Why do you think there is a distance you have to go if you don't want yourself blown up?  The G36 is for infantry, it kills infantry, but not vehicles or Assets.  Why do you think that is?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard