GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6733

Ok guys, I feel used and humiliated and taken advantage of (ok not really). I'm 21 yrs old, I look at least 25, I have not shaven in days and trust me, I used to be able to get away buying alc without getting carded. Today I caved and went to walmart to buy F.E.A.R. because I just like being scared and feeling like a little girl.

Well I'll be damned but the cashier actually carded me because of "policy" and because the game is rated M. We had one of those moments like "you surely can't be serious can you??" after which I fumbled through my wallet looking for my Id. Then once he saw I was overage things relaxed a bit and he just said "I gotta do it you know, sorry"

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for protecting our kids and such. Especially now that I have stopped playing F.E.A.R. because I'm just that scared. Heck, I would love it if they carded for BF2 to have less smacktards playing the game hehe. But come onnnn, maybe I'm just exagerating but it just felt a bit silly. What do you guys think?

Update: I went to buy GTA for the PSP at the same walmart, different cashier, must've changed the policy in one day though cause I didn't get carded for that... Oh well.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6777|The planet Tophet
mmmmm thats odd
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808
I get carded with every game that I buy anymore.  And I haven't looked like I was twenty since I was 15, and I'm 37 now.  I just hand up my liscense and put a smile on my face.  No use bitching at some drone at a register, because they can't change the policy, they just have to inforce it.
Kynon
+0|6729
They can be pretty ridiculous about this carding thing. I think sometimes they just do it for kicks (They probably chuckle about it with their buddies later when they card people who are obviously old enough.)

A kid at Target once carded my friend's Dad (57, Wrinkes, Gray Hair, the works) when he bought UT for us.
GotMex?
+193|6733

I wouldn't have found it odd if it was standard procedure to get carded buying games, but apparently this was the only guy at walmart that does it. Must've been for kicks or something like Kynon says, at this rate carding for games is useless unless everyone gets on track and starts doing it you know... and besides, games and alcohol are totally different things, and the people who card you when buying alc are at least normal about it. This guy just made the situation awkward.
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6758|The Void
Hes living spyware..
He has your name and address now.
Be arfaid....

LOL  J/k
maybe he liked you...
lol J/K again...
I got carded last game I bought at Walmart too...
which was Doom3
I got Bf2 at EB...
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6726|NH - USA
You probably got a newbie cashier - afraid to lose their job or the camera is beaming down their back.
SilentBob
Silent but deadly...
+1|6786|Nellis AFB (Las Vegas, NV)
...or the regional managment is there or something. It's the "halo" effect. Everyone does things by the book when the boss' boss is around. hehe
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6778
F.E.A.R. is one hell of a game isn't it? I'm still freaked out at seeing the girl while climbing down that ladder...

Anyway it depends on the cashier really, you have some that follow everything by the book --called the "lifers," or people who plan on holding that job for life -- and then you have others that just bs everything -- the part-timer.

Last edited by oJmHo (2005-11-23 22:17:27)

GotMex?
+193|6733

oJmHo wrote:

F.E.A.R. is one hell of a game isn't it? I'm still freaked out at seeing the girl while climbing down that ladder...

Anyway it depends on the cashier really, you have some that follow everything by the book --called the "lifers," or people who plan on holding that job for life -- and then you have others that just bs everything -- the part-timer.
Lol, the only time I played the game alone at night, and in the dark was when that scene comes up... I seriously have never been so freaked out in game. Just get chills thinking about it.

Bought a few more games last night and didn't get carded so it seems to be an isolated incident... but maybe it's a heads up about what's gonna come in the ratings world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard