FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6722|Devon, England
cos people dont like getting owned alot by the same thing, so they dub it noobish or some crap like that. if you play well like that, go ahead and laugh off all the "insults" people throw at you.
James-m
+28|6581|England
if i go on the ground, i get my ass whooped. i only use a tank because i have a half more chance of survival. i hate going on the ground like as an infantryman
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6612|England

James-m wrote:

if i go on the ground, i get my ass whooped. i only use a tank because i have a half more chance of survival. i hate going on the ground like as an infantryman
But if played other maps then karkand ,you wouldnt get whooped so much being a infantary guy.

Play sharqui,Warlord,Ghost Town or Mashtuur City if you like city maps hardly any amour or jets/helis and great fun to be on.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6571|Florida

James-m wrote:

I think that's a big part of what burns people...no one wants to lose to a guy who's clearly a crappier player than they are simply because they got into a vehicle.
James-m
+28|6581|England
who says im crappy? you ever seen me play? ive done some pretty mad shit on the ground, but i dont care for it much because..... well, why die? when you can be in a tank? i mean yeah, sometimes if the MEC defence is that good, and tanks cant get passed..... ive gone on the ground with the boys and flushed the MEC out, its just, having been in the army,  i know its not atall possible for one man to take 4-5 bullets and still stand there and kill you..... thats why i hate going on the ground also because this game doesnt do realism ANY justice atall.
James-m
+28|6581|England
please, dont come back with a comment saying its only a game, i know its only a game, but when ive  watched someone take a pistol shot to the head and flinch like its nothing..... and Body armor stopping 50cal rounds??!!?!? comon
PCShooterNoob
+22|6571|Florida
Well, when you say you get whooped when you go out on the ground, it certainly lends to the assumption that you suck...but if you say you don't, whatever...I don't know one way or the other.  As or realism?  Uh, yeah...a real SRAW rocket can shatter just about any tank in the world like glass, and even the ones that don't completely shatter are permanently disabled.  No matter where they're hit.  So we shouldn't start on about realism.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6612|England
If your not willing to listen to others why post.Imho play other maps get out of the armour and you will have more fun .I mean come on man sat in a fucking tank all round and playing the same map over and over again either means your brain dead or have a very high boredom level.
James-m
+28|6581|England
i know sraws should stop a tank dead in its tracks, i used to drive challenger 2's, those beasts can take some punishment.......
James-m
+28|6581|England
i enjoy the sound of the Abrams.... the thought of bringing the power and might to the battlefield.... helping out the ground pounders, i enjoy doing it. they might like seeing me in the abrams, especially if enemy armor is about
PCShooterNoob
+22|6571|Florida

James-m wrote:

i enjoy the sound of the Abrams.... the thought of bringing the power and might to the battlefield.... helping out the ground pounders, i enjoy doing it. they might like seeing me in the abrams, especially if enemy armor is about
A friendly tank is certainly always a welcome sight in my book.  Like I said, I have no problem with tanks in the game, but I certainly understand why people do, and no one,  anywhere, at ANYtime, should ever brag or feel accomplished about getting kills with a tank.
James-m
+28|6581|England
its easy kills yeah, but im always proud of a T-90 kill, you gotta let me have that one!!?! those things are hard to kill
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6612|England

PCShooterNoob wrote:

James-m wrote:

A friendly tank is certainly always a welcome sight in my book.  Like I said, I have no problem with tanks in the game, but I certainly understand why people do, and no one,  anywhere, at ANYtime, should ever brag or feel accomplished about getting kills with a tank.
Well said m8 imho a kill with a tank feels cheap . I like taking a guy down with the gun .Anyone and i mean anyone can sit in a tank or apc and rack up huge scores in my mind its like stat padding .When a nub sits and the alleyway spawn camping .Like has been said before lil or no skill invold .And him being ex army should know all about teamwork and getting into the shit with other guys.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6571|Florida
Hard to kill other tanks?  Yes.  Hard to kill ANY other ground vehicle or swarms of infantry?  No.
James-m
+28|6581|England
yeah, who said i dont? your making it sound like i hate teamwork? like people say this is just a game, nothing like real life atall...... i can afford to be a 'nub' as you lot call people, (probably because the other person killed you) in real life in the field, you make a mistake, your dead. simple.
James-m
+28|6581|England
im off down the bank
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6578|Doncaster, UK

Knight`UK wrote:

If your not willing to listen to others why post.Imho play other maps get out of the armour and you will have more fun .I mean come on man sat in a fucking tank all round and playing the same map over and over again either means your brain dead or have a very high boredom level.
Tank whore, but I'd have to agree here. I've just decided to hang up my tank whore hat and hit the ground, get a bit more out of the game again like when I started playing.

And this is repidly turning into a flame war, be careful you don't get your own post closed.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-07-21 02:46:05)

Chillin&killin
+27|6706|Manchester,England
tanks get karma by that i mean they own on karkand but are laser guided targets for the f-15/su34 on clean sweep or oman. its simple if you dont spawn as AT/spec ops or engineer then you shouldn't get in there firing line. ive played karkand way too long but mostly as infantry and i never complained.

if you refuse to be a kit that can defeat tanks(the three mentioned above) then you cant complain if you get killed by them
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6684
Because I, and many other people, do not have respect for those asshats that don't go engineer in tanks, and just drive around raping infantry (spawncamping) not engaging enemy armor.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6569|Internetfitlerland

I used to play the game for points, but now i dont give a crap and its so much more fun.  instead of going karkand and raping the asses off the MEC team with armor, im starting to go on aviator and chopper maps and team up with a squad for some good teamwork.  hell i even sat on the american bf2s server for 2 hours until the game got started, and that alone was heaps of fun.  so take it from me, get over the points and play for fun.
Hooten-Delta
+2|6531
As a recent newb I'm glad I stopped playing Karkand when I did.

All 18 games on Karkand were the same...everyone rushed to the hotel and nade spammed and then the armor rolled in and just parked at the spawn spots and raped. Absolutely no teamwork, no communication.. just a bunch of fucking lemmings with no skill at all.

Ghost Town is my kind of map. Armor can be effective from range but can only take one flag and there's lots of alleys and high spots to take out armor. Not that I play AT much but I love good AT guys on the team. Assault kicks ass and there are tons of great sniper spots.

Oh yea first post for me after lurking for a quite a while.
Slickfish
+24|6655
Tanks are great, make the game much better, eben though im not to good with them.
I always seem to run into tanks when I have no chance, and whenever im in the tank I seem to meet 5 AT guys!lol, just good play on the other team.
McCullough
+7|6870
Sure the tanks are a tough opponent but they are easy to kill if you know how to do it! C4 ambushes, a missile in the ass from a hidden position, well placed mines and so on. The tanks are strong but can be killed surprisingly easy.
The_Jester
+52|6523|Italy
Problems with tanks?
Nothing really, but problems with people wich are always in a tank @ Karkand.

No skill required to gain a 10+ armor kd ratio playing Karkand only (or Mashtuur, even easier there), raping spawnpoints and methodically avoiding enemy tanks, while they are doing the same.

I respect people using tanks in maps like Kubra, Zatar, Cleansweep, etc, where they are just a slow-moving-fluorescent-hey-bomb-here-target, and can keep a solid armor kd ratio anyway.

Last edited by The_Jester (2006-07-21 03:40:05)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6793

My problem with tanks?  You have a modern Abrams tank and a cold war era anti-tank weapon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard