Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6703

Linus wrote:

Whats the big deal about bunny hopping??

Have you ever seen a gaming community with so many cry babies about someone
jumping when theyre trying to shoot them ??  Its laughable..  I had to get my Unreal
Tournament buddies to check out some of the threads about it because they didnt
believe me!!

Anyhow.. Bunny hop all you want, You cant shoot when you do...and I, unlike, apparently
a lot of other people, have ABSOLUTELY no trouble shooting someone who is jumping..

Whoooaaa... fire..fire...uh oh he jumped!! omg!! what am I gonna do!! omg!! he jumped again!!
someone help me !! pleeeeese!!

get real.

what did all the bunny hop haters say.. 'whaaa whaaa its so unrealistic!! whhaa whaaa'!

Hey, psst... cmere.....  umm....have you ever seen a soldier get killed.. (THATS DEAD..)
on a battlefield, get defib'd, get up, run off and shoot enemies again ?

Hmm.. wheres your threads about that , all you 'realistics' ? ??
+1 agree'd.  You want to play a realistic game, play WWII Online (It's the best btw).  This game is just fun.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6614|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Your a bunnyhopping, plane hater...  The only reason you hate planes is because you can't bunnyhop over bombs.

Note:  I am not against planes or bunnyhopping.
Another note: The names bunnyhopping, dolphin diving and n00b tubing suck.  Did a four year old make these names?
Metamort
+19|6716
I have no problem with bunnyhopping in the Unreal Tournament games. However, you have a hell of a lot more health in that, there's no dolphin diving, and accuracy doesn't change whether you're in the air or crouched. Many weapons are also instant hits.

In Battlefield 2, you can jump much higher. No weapon is an instant hit - they have have a slight delay, so you have to lead targets. You have less health, so someone jumping makes it so they're that much harder to hit (Yes, I know a lot of you are going to respond with 'THATS THE POINT!' ) and finally, there's also dolphin diving and such. As for accuracy, it's pretty much everything in BF2.
REDARMYMIKE
+7|6537|St. Louis

cpt._crust wrote:

The fact that bunny hopping has been given its own name (along with base raping, spawn killing, vehicle whoring) suggests right off the bat that it's clearly a disrespectful, annoying exploit used only by individuals who don't want to avoid bullets, but who want to annoy the people they play with.

Bunny hopping reveals the children playing the game.  Whether those people are children in age or in mind, the fact remains that bunny hopping is no better than spineless, childish base raping, spawn killing, stat padding, TKing for vehicles, jihading with jeeps and such, and other despicable exploits that are often kickable or bannable offenses on many servers.

A patch was made to curb bunny hopping, indicating that EA never intended players to exploit the jump action in the way that they do, and still noobs persist in hopping around (and getting shot by me nonetheless).

Of course, people are always going to look for the shameless exploit that lets them get that edge over people.  Those are the kind of people who would steal $20 out of their mom's purse.  Those are the kind of people who cheat at the weekly poker game, try to weasel their way out of paying the check after a night at the bar, or who display various examples of disrespect to their friends and family so they can "get over" on people.

Bunny hoppers are despicable people.  They bunny hop in BF2, and they most-likely "bunny hop" in real life as well.
you really, really, need to get out more.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6704|Colorado
Bunny Hopping I always though was part of fps games, the jump at the corner, twist to the other wall & kill the guy behind it. I have been using the jump & twist technique since doom...
I never minded people using it, you just have to lead them, now its even easier that they cant shoot, sometimes I jump out of old habit & think immediately "crap I'm dead"
Never had a problem with dolphin divers, wtf?! what exactly do they do thats so bad?
C4 jihading is annoying the first couple times but after that its easy kills because you know its coming.
Adapting to the game is what is important, not ranting & raving on about so & so did this to my game self what a bastard! gimme a freaking break & save the breath.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6571|GREAT Britain
ive seen crybabies in other games, but not on this scale, so many people moan about what people should and shouldnt be able to do in game even wanted them reset for it, ive never seen a company fail so miserably at customer support like EA, they listen to every whiny bitch and then fuck the game up (no one better tell me DICE make the game like some little nerd, i dont care who made it), and then after fucking the game up, they reset everyone, and then listen to whiny little geek kids and their screenshots. im getting sick of this game, its handled ridiculously, and the only reason im still playing it is cus im waitin for some new games to come out, when the next unreal is out, fuck ea, the money grabbing poor excuse for a games company bastards, it pisses me off even more, cus with a little extra work in the right direction, it could be nigh on perfection, but its constantly going backwards, and its the crybabies fault

Last edited by ericcartmanisbest (2006-07-21 01:28:17)

ericcartmanisbest
+24|6571|GREAT Britain

cpt._crust wrote:

The fact that bunny hopping has been given its own name (along with base raping, spawn killing, vehicle whoring) suggests right off the bat that it's clearly a disrespectful, annoying exploit used only by individuals who don't want to avoid bullets, but who want to annoy the people they play with.
what the fuck is the jump button for then? ffs, some people
Sniekj
+1|6683|Stramproy (netherlands)
We all bought the game because we like the teamplay, if anyone likes to bunnyhop let him, if anyone only drives in a tank let him, just play the game and if you don't like it go to another server, or by a game with no jumps in it.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6571|GREAT Britain

Sniekj wrote:

We all bought the game because we like the teamplay, if anyone likes to bunnyhop let him, if anyone only drives in a tank let him, just play the game and if you don't like it go to another server, or by a game with no jumps in it.
yea, and name me a recent pc first person shooter without a jump button...dont jump? ffs, seriously
ozzie_johnson
+98|6689|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
bunny hoppers are lame end of story, ive been in a af server and people who were bunny hopping were geting kicked for it being unrealistic.

Last edited by ozzie_johnson (2006-07-21 02:02:12)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6654|Little Bentcock

stryyker wrote:

this coming from the guy that thinks that planes dont belong in the game
PCShooterNoob
+22|6571|Florida

cpt._crust wrote:

I don't use armor very often, so I don't have the C4-Jihad problem.  On the surface, it's unsettling to me seeing players emulate the tactics of real-world Iraqi insurgents and cowardly terrorists.  Maybe it's just me, but it sickens me seeing players emulate such tactics.

Of course, younger (or ignorant) players won't consider this, which is fine.  To each his own. 

Further, when someone suicides himself just for a kill, not only is that NOT going to help the player committing suicide, it annoys the victim, proving that suicide C4 players don't want to score points or help their team, they want to annoy players and be shitheads, and they should be kicked immediately. 

They're out there.  They might not be on this thread, but they're out there.
Uh...that you're even beginning to compare terrorist bombings of civilian targets and a form of antitank in a video game is...wow.  I don't even have a word for it.  And what's the twisted, ass backwards logic that comes to the conclusion that taking out the armor which is mercilessly slaughtering your team is NOT helping your team?  Armor is my favorite vehicle, but I'm sorry, but we're in an armored tank invincible to everything but high powered explosives who is nigh invincible when suppoted by an engineer or supply crate.  And AntiTANK, the kit made to take us out, takes like...a third of the damage out in a shot IF they're lucky.  And again, if there's an engineer or supply crate around, we're back to full health before they're reloaded.  Armor drivers have no room to bitch, dude.  C4 jeeping is a perfectly fine way of tanking them out, and if you have trouble taking out an approaching vehicle you can kill in an instant...then you deserve to die, and I applaud people as soon as they ram me with their C4 laced vehicle...it's pretty funny to watch.

Anyway, about bunnyhopping, say what you want about it, but it is a cheap tactic.  No, it's not the worst thing in the world, and it's not comparable to wall glitching or anything, but it doesmake you harder to hit than just tracking the movement...the game has shoddy collision detection at times...I can't tell you how often I've killed someone right after they pass behind a corner because the game hadn't yet determined whether or not my shot was a hit until after they were clear.  I mean, dolphin diving was only a problem because people charging straight at you were somehow invulnerable because they were jumping.  It's a fairly minor and certainly defeatable tactic, yes, but still annoying and cowardly.
zer0fus10n
+14|6543

cpt._crust wrote:

A patch was made to curb bunny hopping, indicating that EA never intended players to exploit the jump action in the way that they do, and still noobs persist in hopping around (and getting shot by me nonetheless).

Of course, people are always going to look for the shameless exploit that lets them get that edge over people.  Those are the kind of people who would steal $20 out of their mom's purse.  Those are the kind of people who cheat at the weekly poker game, try to weasel their way out of paying the check after a night at the bar, or who display various examples of disrespect to their friends and family so they can "get over" on people.

Bunny hoppers are despicable people.  They bunny hop in BF2, and they most-likely "bunny hop" in real life as well.
See people like you say i can shoot them so it dosnt bother me and that crap but yet people like you still make posts about how its nooby and such why is volx winning if hes nooby as you said noobs still persist in hoping around getting shot by you but if you could kill them with ease you wouldnt complain but it gives you troubles and it helps them so your complaining i bet if you could do it or some people would do it aswell but shooting and bunnyhoping does take some technique which some of you people complaining obviosly dont have which is why you always complain about the people you go into fire fights with and come out back at the spawn point then hand out shit to everyone whos bunnyhoping or driving over your ass in cars and whoring with tanks after a while you get the shits and make posts about it like now so thats how we got onto this post so if everyone who makes a post and says "i can shoot them" shut up dont tells us you can we really dont care but if you cant cry somewhere else.
Slickfish
+24|6655
I jump around to re-load, and get to cover.
And to jump over AT rockets when them pro's use them on infantry!
Jumping around doesn't bother me now they can't shoot while in the air.
All it does now is give the enimy 2-3secs to kill you while you can't fire back.
CrazyJeepDriver
+3|6665|Central Coast, NSW Australia
Bunnyhopping is a part of nearly every Online FPS, and I accept that, it will never dissapear.
However, it seems quite a bit out of place in BF2. Its a lot more like a simulator than, say, Unreal Tournament or Quake.
Its fine now anyhow, seeing that people cant shoot while in midair.

Last edited by CrazyJeepDriver (2006-07-21 04:02:02)

cpt._crust
+3|6542

zer0fus10n wrote:

See people like you say i can shoot them so it dosnt bother me and that crap but yet people like you still make posts about how its nooby and such why is volx winning if hes nooby as you said noobs still persist in hoping around getting shot by you but if you could kill them with ease you wouldnt complain but it gives you troubles and it helps them so your complaining i bet if you could do it or some people would do it aswell but shooting and bunnyhoping does take some technique which some of you people complaining obviosly dont have which is why you always complain about the people you go into fire fights with and come out back at the spawn point then hand out shit to everyone whos bunnyhoping or driving over your ass in cars and whoring with tanks after a while you get the shits and make posts about it like now so thats how we got onto this post so if everyone who makes a post and says "i can shoot them" shut up dont tells us you can we really dont care but if you cant cry somewhere else.
I'm having trouble understanding you here.  Try using periods.

I've learned to waste bunny hoppers, but that doesn't mean bunny hopping doesn't sicken me.  Like I said, certain people are going to look for the exploit in any game and shamelessly take advantage of it.  There are certain people in this world who are like that.  And a person who performs that way in a game like BF2 is more-than-likely doing the same despicable thing (to one degree or another) in real life as well.

Of course, like anyone's going to admit to THAT.  This IS the Internet after all.

Last edited by cpt._crust (2006-07-21 06:36:16)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6581|CH/BR - in UK

^^read what I posted on page one^^
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6767|Salt Lake City

I never had a problem with bunny hoppers, so I don't think they needed remove the ability all together.  I would have been fine with them simply decreasing the accuracy while jumping, and repetative jumping results in continued accuracy loss.
Irish.r3
+15|6525|Los Angeles, CA United States
I use it. Just not as heavily as alot of people do. I'll use it to escape a tank or a larage group of soldiers if i'm low on health.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6581|CH/BR - in UK

Irish.r3 wrote:

I use it. Just not as heavily as alot of people do. I'll use it to escape a tank or a larage group of soldiers if i'm low on health.
same...it's not like I'll bunny hop just to shoot someone in the face...except if I see the other guy has his noob tube out... I use it to knife, reload, get back health and run away if I'm on low health
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6626|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i sometimes when im feeling in the mood to piss people off i go to servers with asshat admins and bunnyhop when they are tryin to shoot me then boom headshot em with a burst of bullets, its so much fun to watch others get pissed
Sandskink
+19|6658|In your moms BUSHland

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

ive seen crybabies in other games, but not on this scale, so many people moan about what people should and shouldnt be able to do in game even wanted them reset for it, ive never seen a company fail so miserably at customer support like EA, they listen to every whiny bitch and then fuck the game up (no one better tell me DICE make the game like some little nerd, i dont care who made it), and then after fucking the game up, they reset everyone, and then listen to whiny little geek kids and their screenshots. im getting sick of this game, its handled ridiculously, and the only reason im still playing it is cus im waitin for some new games to come out, when the next unreal is out, fuck ea, the money grabbing poor excuse for a games company bastards, it pisses me off even more, cus with a little extra work in the right direction, it could be nigh on perfection, but its constantly going backwards, and its the crybabies fault
Linus
+53|6684
ummmmm... all you 'REALISTS'...Im still waiting to see your posts against medics defib'd dead
soldiers... and choppers that take ground...and choppers that can take tank shell hits... and jets that
can hover over a base and control it... and...and....and...

waiting..
eagles1106
+269|6615|Marlton, New Jersey.
noobs just get jealous.  I do the crouch jump prone spam while strafing, it owns everybody.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6806|Noizyland

Here you are Linus!
Bunnyhopping like no other.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard