RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here
How do you get the graph to show every day?  I normally visit the site, the forum, and my stats a couple of times a day every day but for some reason my graphs continue to skip random days.  Nov 3rd, 10th, and Oct 23rd-28th.  I am sure you cannot get those days back, but how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

I am sure I saw a post that said you need to at least check your stats once a day, so if I am doing that and it is not working, what else do I need to do to get my graphs to log daily?

Also, what time zone is this site logging time in?
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6816|The planet Tophet
i dont know what to tell you sorry
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

It only updates a maximum of once a day, but my site never forces updates to player profiles -- this means that you MUST visit your stats page once a day for it to be consistent.
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here

chuyskywalker wrote:

It only updates a maximum of once a day, but my site never forces updates to player profiles -- this means that you MUST visit your stats page once a day for it to be consistent.
Yep, that is my point.  I have visited my stats page a couple of times a day everyday for the last month, but some days are skipped.   Do I need to clear my cookies or browser history for the update to apply?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

No you shouldn't need to. I don't know what to say. I guess if the timing is just slightly off you will miss a day or two here and there. I wouldn't really let it bug you too much as it has little effect on the graphs appearance once you get to a month of so of graph data.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

Oh TZ == unknown. I have no idea what zone any of the timestamps come from.
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here
Ok,
I checked the site about 16 times yesterday so that November 20th would show on my graph, and nothing would update it.  Then this morning, I check for the first time and the 21st pops up there?  There has to be something else other than just visiting the site that makes the graph updates.   This happens to be about once a week or so, and nothing I do will make the graph update for that day.  It is only a small annoyance, but there should be some type of solution for this, because just viewing your stats does not work all the time.  It has to be tied in with something else.

Any suggestions?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

maybe it's a combination of various factors

a) your timezone vs timezone of stats server
b) speed of stats update from the server you played on
c) timestamp of that specific update
d) timestamp of xml feed from EA to chuy

by the way, when I  look a your stats, your graphs seem fine to me, at least Overall Score per minute and Overall Kill Dath Ratio. the longer the period you are looking at gets, the less important a day-by-day graph will become anyway, at least to me...

your performance development is given correctly, even if there is not a value displayed for each day.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

I long ago decided against any kind of automatic polling of the EA servers. I'd have to run 5 queries per second to keep everyone's trends up to date -- and that'd be on top of the 6 per second I run right now just to keep your stats 1 hour fresh. It would, quite literally, double my useage of the EA XML feed -- which happens to cut me off at 8 queries per second (measured over the duration of an hour).

See the problem here?
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here
I completely understand the queries, I am just trying to find out what actually updates the actual graph with the current day.  I read another post that said all I had to do was visit my stats once a day for this to update, but that is not happening.  I even went to the extreme of checking on an hour interval for most of the day and the graph itself would not change, even though my stats would.   Now this morning, I checked my stats and the 21st popped in there instantly on the first visit, but without the 20th.  I know it is really a minor issue like B.Schuss said but I was just trying to get a better answer on when the graphs update, and what actually makes them update, because it is not from site visits.  It has to be more than one thing and for some reason I am not meeting all the requirements.

For examples on your own stats:

Chuy, you are missing a date between the 16th and 20th.

B.Schuss, you are missing a date between the 14th and 18th.

I am missing at least 3 dates in November, even though I have been to my stats several times a day since mid-October, and a friend (Equalhate) who was away from his comp and who was only on my Leaderboard has only 2 days missing in the same timeframe as my 3, but they are different days?  Now that just doesn't add up.

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited by RME_JICO (2005-11-21 10:38:54)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

RME_JICO wrote:

I completely understand the queries, I am just trying to find out what actually updates the actual graph with the current day.  I read another post that said all I had to do was visit my stats once a day for this to update, but that is not happening.  I even went to the extreme of checking on an hour interval for most of the day and the graph itself would not change, even though my stats would.   Now this morning, I checked my stats and the 21st popped in there instantly on the first visit, but without the 20th.  I know it is really a minor issue like B.Schuss said but I was just trying to get a better answer on when the graphs update, and what actually makes them update, because it is not from site visits.  It has to be more than one thing and for some reason I am not meeting all the requirements.

For examples on your own stats:

Chuy, you are missing a date between the 16th and 20th.

B.Schuss, you are missing a date between the 14th and 18th.

I am missing at least 3 dates in November, even though I have been to my stats several times a day since mid-October, and a friend (Equalhate) who was away from his comp and who was only on my Leaderboard has only 2 days missing in the same timeframe as my 3, but they are different days?  Now that just doesn't add up.

Thanks for the replies!
I see your point. My guess would be that stats-wise that day didn't matter because it blended right in with the trend I was going for anyway between the 14th and the 18th.

Second possibility: I didn't play on that day / during that period.
I don't track my game time, but there are days when I don't play at all. I suppose whenever there is a straight line between two fixed dates in the graph there were no stats recorded during that period and the engine simply draws a straight line between the two dates where stats where last recorded. In my case, Overall Score/minute, between the 13th and 17th of November. A straight line. Nearly impossible, if I had actually played during that period. As finely scaled as the graph is, even a little playing time would have resulted in a change of the value. I know for a fact that there was a period of a couple of days during that week when I didn't play at all.

But as I've said, on the long run it probably won't matter much. as long as every point scored is recorded correctly with the right date, it should be fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard