TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
Heres a new poster campaign!
<picture removed>
Remember to wrap that jimmy! Double wrap if shes a hoe, or him as the poster depicts.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6528|Portland, OR USA
no flame or insult meant here, but do you know what AIDS was called originally?  Anyone?  It's ridiculous ...
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6673|A sunburnt country
Ass Injected Death Sentence?
devilhammer
+16|6595|San Marcos, Texas
anally inflicted death sentence???  j/k   the gay disease
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6643|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

The History of AIDS wrote:

In contrast some still linked the disease to its initial occurrence in gay men, with a letter in The Lancet calling it "gay compromise syndrome".16 Others called it GRID (gay-related immune deficiency), AID (acquired immunodeficiency disease), "gay cancer" or "community-acquired immune dysfunction"
google ftw!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Oo
Your gonna be in trouble.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

devilhammer wrote:

anally inflicted death sentence???  j/k   the gay disease
more or less, it was called GIDS - Gay Immune Deficiency Syndrome  <shrug>

Bit of worthless trivia for ya.
dankassasin42o
+68|6680|Reefersyde, CA
Lol
Chou
+737|6792

puckmercury wrote:

no flame or insult meant here, but do you know what AIDS was called originally?  Anyone?  It's ridiculous ...
They used to call it GRID
GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency)
Pretty fucked up name
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
Really everyone needs to be aware, my uncle died of aids contracted from a dirty heroin needle, ignorance will not save your life.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6659| United States of America

TrollmeaT wrote:

Heres a new poster campaign!
http://london.metblogs.com/photos/cum.jpg
Remember to wrap that jimmy! Double wrap if shes a hoe, or him as the poster depicts.
o.O
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6597|Bellmawr, NJ, US

VspyVspy wrote:

Ass Injected Death Sentence?
MOD rules!
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

TrollmeaT wrote:

Really everyone needs to be aware, my uncle died of aids contracted from a dirty heroin needle, ignorance will not save your life.
No offense, but neither will knowledge.  With rare exception, you can't get AIDS involuntarily.  Either it is sexually transmitted, a result of drug use, or generationally transmitted (mother-child).  While an incurable disease, I would not really call it indiscriminant.  No offense meant to your uncle - but he's using heroin ffs.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6673|Colorado
no offense taken, he died in 89' was a long time ago.
I disagree about knowledge helping though, at least you can take preventative measures to help increase your odds, I'm sure my uncle would have used a clean needle if he had known but like you said he was using heroin ffs, maybe he wanted to die.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
i'm not sure if it's true but i heard around half of africa has contracted aids...
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

CommieChipmunk wrote:

i'm not sure if it's true but i heard around half of africa has contracted aids...
think higher percentage.  It's an epidemic.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
I wake up almost everyday and think, thank God I'm not African. What a hole.
-r3-anubis
+73|6538|florida
That poster is scaring me
kuntpunch_37
Banned
+7|6494|Little Rock, Arkansas bitches
and the point about education is relevent here.  government leaders in africa denied publicly for years that sex was related to HIV transmission.  btw, that poster is fucking hilarious
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

TrollmeaT wrote:

no offense taken, he died in 89' was a long time ago.
I disagree about knowledge helping though, at least you can take preventative measures to help increase your odds, I'm sure my uncle would have used a clean needle if he had known but like you said he was using heroin ffs, maybe he wanted to die.
I suppose you're right on the issue of knowledge with this particular disease.

EDIT:  +1 for listening to post and not taking it as personal attack

Last edited by puckmercury (2006-07-19 21:37:06)

AD_Kensan
+7|6786
Well there have been cases of aids-infected blood transfusions and such horror stories. Just a month ago there was a stabbing at a big trainstation in Berlin (I think it was in Berlin) where a complete nutcase went beserk and randomly stabbed about 20 people with a knife. They later found out that the second or third person he had stabbed was infected with HIV.

Well these are total horro-scenarios... The thing is that since many people start believing that AIDS is curable now, because there is medication and treatment to prolong the patients life even after the breakout of the disease, they get all ignorant again.
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

kuntpunch_37 wrote:

and the point about education is relevent here.  government leaders in africa denied publicly for years that sex was related to HIV transmission.  btw, that poster is fucking hilarious
Also, the roman catholic church shares a big part of the blame in this case. The church disapproves of any kind of birth control so they actively campaign in Africa telling the people not to use them. Especially condoms. They either say condoms will not prevent AIDS or even worse, that condoms actually cause HIV infection.
Rosse_modest

AD_Kensan wrote:

Well there have been cases of aids-infected blood transfusions and such horror stories. Just a month ago there was a stabbing at a big trainstation in Berlin (I think it was in Berlin) where a complete nutcase went beserk and randomly stabbed about 20 people with a knife. They later found out that the second or third person he had stabbed was infected with HIV.

Well these are total horro-scenarios... The thing is that since many people start believing that AIDS is curable now, because there is medication and treatment to prolong the patients life even after the breakout of the disease, they get all ignorant again.
Couple of years ago there was this panic period in France. There were reports of people putting HIV infected needles in movie theatre seats, so unsuspecting people who just wanted to catch a movie would sit down on them and end up HIV positive.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6675|Canada Eh?

Rosse_modest wrote:

Couple of years ago there was this panic period in France. There were reports of people putting HIV infected needles in movie theatre seats, so unsuspecting people who just wanted to catch a movie would sit down on them and end up HIV positive.
There's lots of urban myths like that, like syringes on payphone receives and just about any other public device or place that you can put your hand on/in
Rosse_modest

Vampira_NB wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

There's lots of urban myths like that, like syringes on payphone receives and just about any other public device or place that you can put your hand on/in
This was not a myth.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard