xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6703
For snipers or any gun:

When you aim do you move the mouse and click the milli second it crosses over the guy or do you wait for 2 seconds to line it up?

For me I wait 5 seconds for a headshot, by then its either:

miss, headshot, they walked away

So I was wondering, how long does it take for you to aim accurately at an enemy and is it effective.
Des.Kmal
+917|6623|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I always aim for the head, which causes me to lose alot of firefights... ... bad habit.

But I shoot the milisecond that the head appears in the crosshair.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658
I aim at the head and fire.. it's going to hit eventually
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
savking
+37|6592|England
if i no that the victem has already been shot at i usualy aim for the torso (L9 takes off 95% health)

i aim for the head if i can almost garenty a hit, i try not to take chances
dudebrah
+1|6546|San Diego
if they are at range and looking at me firing i shoot the millisecond their head comes into the ironsights, if they dont see me i take my time
however when in just any old close-medium range firefight i usually aim for the chest
AK101 ftw
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6696|Devon, England
depends what mood im in.
Meggido
+7|6653
With the sniper kit it depends on the situation. For the most part I prefer targets that will go down in one shot, which basically means that I will follow the target for as long as I feel is necessary to get the shot I expect. That varies from a fraction of a second to 10 seconds for slow moving/jerky targets. Not every time I have the head in the sights, particulary when the target is moving, when the time between the decision to shoot and the actual shot are separated by enough time to make or break a head shot. Vary rarely will I attempt to shoot at targets moving at wide angles from my firing line, as the deviation makes it very uncertain for a hit and you will give away your position without a kill.

Have in mind that this rule is only for high power sniper rifles. For SVD types, I will take a lot more risk as the rate of fire permits more shots in a smaller period. Here I will attempt head shots only on static targets, and timed body shots for the rest.

Now, when sniping without the sniper kit, I will stress the first shot wait time to attempt a good chest/head shot and then rip a timed succession for the core chest area, thus spending 2-3 seconds at least lining up the shot. This I will do with all the rifles and handguns AND the PKM ( I have yet to try my hand with the other squad support weapons with this style). The MP7 is Ok for this as long as you keep your shots spaced enough. In general, knowing how to space the shots with the weapon at hand is the key for long range shots. Note the L85A1 is not as precise as the scope would suggest, but it is still the best way to snipe without being a sniper. If you have a very precise weapon (G36C/G36E), let it rip, you will probably hit and kill on the first 4-5 shots as long as you space your shots (or use proper bursting).

Having a mouse that can change speeds also modifies the time you spend following targets. You can aquire or reaquire targets much better when you can alter the speed of the mouse movement.

Last edited by Meggido (2006-07-19 13:42:50)

Entertayner
+826|6576

If I'm in a 1 - 1 with a sniper I wait for them to prone which they usually do then HS but again, if i know they've been hit i'll aim for torso but more than likely heaaaaaaaaaad then I take the medic out aswell muaha lol/...
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6666|Ontario, Canada
yeah..good thread.
I ALWAYS tend to take too long to. My accuracy is good...but I hate being late on the draw. I'm always too cautious rather than wasting bullets.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6745

Des.Kmal wrote:

I always aim for the head, which causes me to lose alot of firefights... ... bad habit.

God I'm the opposite, I always go for body, center-mass as they say, wish I could get out of the habit.
Snoopie66
To kill you i like!
+19|6538|Berlin, Germany

savking wrote:

L9 takes off 95% health
Wrong!
It leaves 2 bars on non-body-armored players (medic, sniper, engineer, specop),
but it leaves about a third of the health bar on at, support and assault!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6635|Washington, DC

I aim to their head or top of torso... recoil usually gets them.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6632|Warlord

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

When you aim do you move the mouse and click the milli second it crosses over the guy or do you wait for 2 seconds to line it up?
Neither really, but the first one is close to how I aim if I'm playing my A game and it's a fast-paced situation.

Almost never do the second... 2 seconds? What are we, geriatric?
Des.Kmal

paranoid101 wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

God I'm the opposite, I always go for body, center-mass as they say, wish I could get out of the habit.
no, pretty soon you'll be like me and when you get in a firefight and get them in one shot u take a screen of the kill and the amount left in the clip....
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6703

Todd_Angelo wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Neither really, but the first one is close to how I aim if I'm playing my A game and it's a fast-paced situation.

lol i dunno i always get pissed/ nervous when i miss headshot whether i missed by an inch (in real life....duh) or if the stupid hit counter doesn't work so I'm like: "easy does it...and don't move"

keep in mind i use a factory mouse so I'm like Tiny Time here.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6702|Germany
When you shoot long range and aim at the exact point of impact it's instantly dead accurate.
I often headshot guys on the arty island on Wake the moment they spawn,the line up time is quite short,the aim point is actually one pixel to the right of the actual crosshairs but there's no moment of letting the sights rest on the target.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-07-19 18:19:32)

PRiMACORD
+190|6630|Home of the Escalade Herds
I like getting head
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6599|Las Vegas, NV USA
I shoot for whatever is best at the time that I feel when I take the shot.

Of course, if I can get away with a headshot, I'll go for that (with any gun, and not just the sniper rifles).  However, most firefights, with anything but the sniper rifle, are aimed for center mass of the target available.  If the need for an accurate shot with the sniper rifle is needed, but not a lethal headshot is required, I'm more than willing to hit whatever I can.  At the very least, they'll be really hurt.  At the best, they'll die.  I usually do this when fast results are needed (like when defending flags or teammates engaged in fighting), and will probably result in a better outcome.

Snoopie66 wrote:

savking wrote:

L9 takes off 95% health
Wrong!
It leaves 2 bars on non-body-armored players (medic, sniper, engineer, specop),
but it leaves about a third of the health bar on at, support and assault!
Are you positive?  When a friend and myself tried this out, with just two of us on a server, a shot to the chest of any of the kits resulted in two bars of health.  Mind you, this was on a SF server, with the M24 and the M95, but they resulted in the same damage to both armored and unarmored infantry.  I didn't check the L96 (because it wasn't available), but I'd almost think that it'd hit with the same damage as the M24.

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

lol i dunno i always get pissed/ nervous when i miss headshot whether i missed by an inch (in real life....duh) or if the stupid hit counter doesn't work so I'm like: "easy does it...and don't move"

keep in mind i use a factory mouse so I'm like Tiny Time here.
Well, given that you're on a factory mouse, it's very much like having trigger control with an actual weapon.  If you press the fire button on the mouse, but you're also moving your hand ever so slightly when you fire, you could very well be missing the shot.  Maybe during those 2 seconds that you're "settling in", you're controlling your "trigger control."

Now, mind you, I'm on a factory mouse, too.  With a couple years of online sniping experience (as well as many, many, MANY rounds passed through actual firearms), I tend to not "jerk" the mouse when I'm pushing the mouse button and firing.

So, think of it this way.  All those people with "leet" gaming mouses are, in effect, using a crutch for trigger control by making their mouses not so sensitive to almost involuntary hand movement. 

Oddly enough, I never noticed any sight "sway" in BF2, unlike other FPS's.  I don't think they have it there (at least visibly).

EDIT:  Added response to a reply that hadn't been previously there.

Last edited by TrueArchon (2006-07-19 18:52:46)

xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6703

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

When you shoot long range and aim at the exact point of impact it's instantly dead accurate.
I often headshot guys on the arty island on Wake the moment they spawn,the line up time is quite short,the aim point is actually one pixel to the right of the actual crosshairs but there's no moment of letting the sights rest on the target.
see thats what i want to do. I want to just click w/o a moments hesitation but sometimes I shoot a milli-milli second too fast or too slow
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6702|Germany

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

see thats what i want to do. I want to just click w/o a moments hesitation but sometimes I shoot a milli-milli second too fast or too slow
Do you mean on moving targets aswell?
Because that's a whole different story,sometimes I just have the eye for the right distance,it's not luck like some people say,it's just damn difficult to pull off.
Strangely this works for me quite well with the M95,seems that there's a different bullet speed for the rifles.

For prone targets you can be quite sure that if you are prone yourself,strafe into view and aim you can hit in milliseconds,you just need to compensate for bulletdrop,if the point of impact is on the right pixel it's a headshot.
I'm sure I'm not the only sniper around here,and there are a lot of more skilled guys here who can confirm this.

Extreme long range is possible,moving targets(even on 350 meters!) are possible,it just takes a lot of practice.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6647|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Des.Kmal wrote:

no, pretty soon you'll be like me and when you get in a firefight and get them in one shot u take a screen of the kill and the amount left in the clip....
you're not that good.

best aiming tactic:

run in with the knife.
mgtd1138
+5|6748|USA, Where Dumb people Rule
Since I spent 4.5-years in the Army having fun, I "pretend" I am super-tactical...

I crawl, blend in to the bush, aim for what I believe is an effective shot, miss and watch as a f-ing noob with some sort of vehicle run me over.

That is pathetic I know but it is my world!

Last edited by mgtd1138 (2006-07-19 20:12:47)

hilltop2bit
+9|6581|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!

savking wrote:

if i no that the victem has already been shot at i usualy aim for the torso (L9 takes off 95% health)

I aim for the head if i can almost garenty a hit, i try not to take chances
Me too.... as a sniper I always go for the torso shot first and only head shots on the 32 player maps, with well spread out players. Otherwise i get killed by a Helicopter or run down by a Jeep......lolololol

Last edited by hilltop2bit (2006-07-19 20:22:07)

WormGuts
+17|6799|Dayton, Ohio
I, when i snipe aim for the head.  That being said, you have to find your comfort zone which consists of your video card, processor and RAM's abilities to work together coupled with internet connection.  If you can find a happy median a great vidcard and/or cpu is not required to be hunting strongly. 

If you can set most of your video goodies to medium and some at high as i can with an ATI Radeon 9800pro(128mb/256bit) your good to go as a sniper.  I lose long range targets at times, but i'm not sure if it's my video cards fualt or my tiny monitors fault. 

Don't allow people to tell you that Nvidea is beter than ATI.  They are close and it goes back and forth.  However, i own an ATI card and if you get one they never come with sufficient cooling...so buy an extra cooling device for just your card then clock the piss outta it.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-07-19 20:29:27)

Des.Kmal

spawnofthemist wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

you're not that good.

best aiming tactic:

run in with the knife.
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard