Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

Sorry for your loss. Also I wouldn't mind helping you with the salute idea, it's a good idea whoever suggested. Also I agree with the others saying it's best to make a new account. Something simple like adding .RIP on the end of his original nickname. Good luck, hope you and his brother get through it.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command

Bernadictus wrote:

What happend to him, apart from dieing offcourse. Accident? Disease? Suicide?
duh, have some pride and delete your post dufuss.

I say, do what you feel is best, and keep his memoryt alive if thats what feels right.
PASSUBY
+30|6624|Louisiana
I hear you and totally agree. I'm torn down the middle. I think you are probably right though, perhaps starting a new account like Skeetman68*R.I.P. or something to that affect like mentioned above would be the best thing to do.

Thanks for the kind words,

-Kevin   (yes, that's my name too )
That sounds like a good idea..you could use that or Skeetman68_Lives_On. Either way, I think maybe you should let his account stay the same way it was before he left. You can always have that to look back on.
I am sorry for your loss. Keep YOUR head up, and never follow those footsteps. Must be hard for the parents as well. Don't know if I could handle that as a parent. But, i know I would have to.
Good luck in all that you do!
Phantom2828
+51|6519|Land of the free
how did he kill himself
KtotheIMMY
+513|6754
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend! All the best.
eagles1106
+269|6575|Marlton, New Jersey.

Phantom2828 wrote:

how did he kill himself
i knew someone would eventually say that, why MUST you know? dont ask stuff like that bro....
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

eagles1106 wrote:

Phantom2828 wrote:

how did he kill himself
i knew someone would eventually say that, why MUST you know? dont ask stuff like that bro....
It's ok. I'm not sure how he did it but my guess would be a gunshot. I'm not going to ask his bro.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6494|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Dawm... Really sorry for you mate.. that is just sad..  Let the God be with him...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

KtotheIMMY wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend! All the best.
Thanks Kimmy. It's sad. I'm 30 and I've seen a lot of bad stuff in my time, people dieing in front of me, detailed descriptions of close reletives dieing and trying to be revived, etc. but I must say that seeing my buddy Herb try to be strong through all of this has been very difficult to say the least. I don't have a lot to say to him to comfort him because to say that I know what he's going through would be a lie. I don't think they have any other living relatives other than a cousins and uncles/aunts so he must feel very lonely now. He never really talks about his family too much other than him talking about Skeet. He was just up here drinking with us in January and he passed in Feb. All I can do is be there for him and try to get him to have fun and laugh but that's not very easy when his mind is racing 24/7.

PS. Thistle's a color?
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6568|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I am born under the cristhian label and nearly never prayed.

But for prolly the 5th time in my life ill do a prayer for him.

Also,it sucks real bad when your losing some 1...but its even worst when he is killing himself. I hope you can get over it man...And never ever chose the path he followed.

Anyway i am not really good in those kind of speach so ill stop it for now...Only know that.

I feel you man and i am very sorry for your lost.
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6531|Grand Rapids, MI
Downy,

I'm in a Master of Social Work program here in Michigan. I'm glad you were able to get this off your chest and admit that this happened to other people. I saw some others in here post about how they had multiple friends die in short time spans. This is actually common when a young person commits suicide, and I would encourage you to stay close to your friend and make sure to tell someone if you think he might be a threat to himself or others. I would also encourage you to seek help from a school counselor (if you are still in school) and try to work out some of the hurt and confusion that is always felt by those that are left to morn the victims of suicide. It is not an easy task, but it can be helpful if a professional is able to help you along in the process. Talking about this BF2 account might be the perfect place to start a conversation with a therapist.

If you are no longer school age, then Hospice will often offer free grief counseling to everyone who has recently lost a loved one. The person who died didn't have to go through the Hospice process for loved ones to qualify for this grief counseling. It is often offered initially in a group setting, but if need be can be given on an individual basis as well.

Here is a link to hospice care providers in the State of Washington:
http://www.hospicedirectory.org/cm/search

You have all my heartfelt sympathy, and I wish you and your best friend all the health in the world as you continue to grow with this grief left in your heart. Remember that it is important to learn from others; you have now seen the great sadness that is left behind a death of this type. I hope that you never feel the urge to seek a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I also hope that if you or someone you know does feel this type of urge that you will find the help you need to get you through this very tough time.

As for your question, it's up to you. Only you know what your motivation is, and how you will feel best in remembering him. No one is going to accuse you of taking advantage by using his account; you just do what you think is best. You have all of our sympathies.

Sincerely,
Omar
AKA
<(OGG)>Shopvac
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6500|Minnesota eh
get him to Sergeant Major and then stop, everyone know the 30000 gap sucks so get his account there as a tribute
Cursed You
+64|6579|Idaho
My deepest sorrow Downy.  I too know what its like to lose a friend because they took their own life.  I think the most difficult thing for me was that he was the first friend I ever made when I first came to America.  His family was so nice and me and him rolled together everywhere.  Everything was just a total shock when I heard about him.  He moved away 2 years before his incident.  Never got to say anything real meaningful to him, since his whole family was scheduled to come down and visit a few months after the unfortunate event.

They postponed for a few years.

I really cant tell you what to do with his account.  Probably play on it every now and then just to keep the memory and good times alive is all I can say.  Give him proper respect.  I hope you feel better mang.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6588|Seattle

Thanks again everyone.I'm at his brother'shouseright now and asked him what I should do about his account. He played it off like "whatever you want to do" so I asked him what some of his other nicknames were. He said Skeeterbug was what his family called him so I have started a new account called "Skeeterbug68" in memory of him. I will update my stats page when I reach 100points so anyone who wants to play BF2 with me, can find me. Shopvac, thanks for your professional advise, I will keep that link handy for him. I really thank all of you for your support. This all hit me kinda quick. Herb has been holding this in for a while now. He just told me about his bro last week and this happened back in feb like I said so he apparently felt like it was time to let people know which is a good sign. I'm sure he'll be alright, he's strong and has us jackasses around him most of the day to help him keep his mind off of it. I hope to see some of you on the battlefield as most of you, I've never played with but I would like to. There is always plenty of kidding around and having fun in this crazy world. We can't let the bad stuff get us down. The show must go on (as my grandfather always says) As long as people talk about and remember the deceased, they will always live on.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Hey downy,

i'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you, Herb, and everyone who knew Skeet get through. It's hard, but remember all the good times you had and that up there in the sky, Skeet wants you to be happy and remember all the laughs you shared.

I'll help out with the salute if you'd like. I might be able to secure a server.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im very sorry to hear of your loss, however, deleting an online account isnt in perspective, that hard.  Turn the computer on, load up BF2 and press delete account and then confirm I think.  Dont feel sad you are doing it, just try and move on.  I may come across pretty cold here but trust me pressing delete account isnt that hard, Ive had to go through something simular but much worse and in real life 100% ie, there wasnt an online account to think about, just the every day real life stuff to do after someone "passes to the other side".
l41e
+677|6639

King_County_Downy wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

I will be part of the salute, depending on the time. I don't have Fraps though.

Madhadda1 wrote:

i want to be apart of the salut but what version will it be on? oh and i have fraps
I think everyone for the most part is on 1.3 and I was think at about this time tomorrow. Plus or minus an hour depending...

I don't think anyone would fuck it up since it wouldn't be ranked. We could just ban them from the server and start over if that happened. I think a fly-over would be cool too.
The missing man formation would be sort of appropriate for the fly-over. Sketch:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/CG52/MissingManFormation.png

I could be the person who pulls up.

Edit: Not to be insensitive or anything.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-07-18 13:14:58)

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6620|The Netherlands

mafia996630 wrote:

how sad, play wth his account and kick som arse.
he never plays anymore ?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

depression is as serious a disease as cancer
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
l41e
+677|6639

*=]AD[=*Pro_NL wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

how sad, play wth his account and kick som arse.
he never plays anymore ?
This had better be sarcasm.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6686|Mountains of West Virginia

Flecco wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

depression is as serious a disease as cancer
Said Perfectly
Dub Gee Jay
+0|6484
So he actually killed himself, eh? That really sucks, I feel for you, dawg.

Not that he wasn't the biggest dick I've ever encountered in my life, but wutevz. I rly feel ya homie.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
We the ninjas of BF2s will solute him
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6720|Louisiana
Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a friend of mine the same way last year. As long as people remember him, he's never really gone.

Last edited by xintegrityx (2006-07-18 21:16:55)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6824
Wow... that's all I can really say. I'll be praying for you and his family.

We should really make a bf2 video with the missing man formation and also the 21-gun salute. I'd love to participate... I didn't really know him but I saw him around.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard