Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
According to game-monitor there are about 4000 ranked servers out there world wide.  Also, it reports 1800ish ranked, public, v1.3 in the US.  When I go to die in multi-player the MOST I see are 400 servers.

Also, of the servers I see, maybe 50 are sub 100 ping with about 150 of the rest being either 400+ ping or broken at "0" ping.

Did I hork up a setting someplace?  Is this an indication of my ISP choking my bandwidth?

Also, when I go M-P the only flags I have set are "ranked", punk buster and all sized maps.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6745
turn off all of your filters except ranked and the maps.
.:[Sk@erbo]:.
Banned
+63|6536|USA, Conn.
YEA, or your comp. is slow and takes awhile to load them..and your not givin it enough time
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
Also, when I go M-P the only flags I have set are "ranked", punk buster and all sized maps. (see original post)

.:[Sk@erbo]:. wrote:

YEA, or your comp. is slow and takes awhile to load them..and your not givin it enough time
Sir!  I am insulted!

Literally I have fiberoptic tot he basement, Gig-E internally and the PC is a 3.6GHz.  When I fire up MP I walk away from the PC and let it time out on looking for servers - I don't stop it from looking.

Drat - looks like no magic potions.....
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6745
fiber don't matter for nothing if you don't got the bandwidth. In most neighborhoods that are fiber the connection is slow cause everyone is sharing a limited amount of hardware cause that crap is expensive and most isps have realized they cant afford it. Fiber is better on an Ifitl network for residential areas anyway.

Edit: just so your not going insane looking it up. Ifitl- Intergrated fiber in the loop.
Oh and to anwser your question. Yes odds are your fiber is slower that most adsl straight wire negiborhoods around you.

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Also, when I go M-P the only flags I have set are "ranked", punk buster and all sized maps. (see original post)
then take off the map checkmarks just use Ranked and PB.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

uncheck PB.  You can still see if it is enforced by looking for the icon next to the server name.  It will probably double the amount of servers you get in a search.
cailuc
Friendly fire isn't
+36|6627
I don't think Multiplayer ever reports all servers.

What I have started doing is entering a ping search criteria of about '80' in the column at the top.

It carries out the server search again and usually finds you quite a few low ping servers, most of these are usually ones which it had failed to report in the initial general search.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6687|Broadlands, VA
Thanks for all the suggestions - will do.  The only reason this is bugging me is that when I first started I would get 4000 servers returned.

Again - thanks all!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard