Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837
A Farce that Politicians Embrace, Its like being against Drunk driving. Its a Non issue. The only good thing about Gun Control is its an Easy Way to spot whore type Fraud polititions
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6753

kilroy0097 wrote:

Well my views on guns is rather preventive in a way.

I believe that no one under the age of 25 should legally own a firearm of any sort. Hangun or Rifle.
I believe that no one who has commited a felony should own a firearm.
I believe that no one who has commited gun related crimes in the past and has been convicted should own a firearm. Which may fall into the felony clause but I am not aware of all gun laws so I can't be certain.
I believe that no one who has been diagnosed with a psychological disorder who is deemed dangerous or unstable should own a firearm.
I agree with all of those points, except the 1st one. If you are old enough to DIE for your country, vote, drink, and be tried as an adult in a court of law, you are old enough to own a firearm.

The 2nd point is already a law, and in most states, the 3rd one falls under the 2nd point.
-=1stInF.|Slappey
+3|6753

Homeschtar wrote:

I really don't think guns should be taken away completely, because then none of the regular people would have any for self defense, but the bad guys would just make some illegally. I think the real answer is to better discipline the sales of guns. I mean, rifles at Wal-Mart? We don't need that. I also think that instead of selling regular bullets, they should sell some that don't kill people. They would just knock the person out for 30 minutes, until the cops came.
Let me explain it to you this way. I don't really think Walmart selling guns is a huge problem. Remember, in rural areas, the percentage of the population that owns a gun is 3x that of in urban areas. But the percentage of crimes using guns in urban areas is 3x that of rural.
KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit
+0|6740|Fort Worth, Texas
Man it is GREAT TO BE AMERICAN!!!! Here in Texas, you know Cowboys, I am allowed to carry a concealed handgun, with a Lic. which requires a one day class on safety, Use of Force and Laws covering the concealed carry also you give finger prints and have a background check done and fire a few rounds. So, lets face reality, the world is not getting better only more crazy everyday. So, Mr. Who, from lala land, over seas. let us say you are in America and walking with your wife. A BIG, any color Guy walks up puts his Glock model 26 in your face and says F you get out of here or I will kill you, and walks away pulling your small fragile wife away to rape her and have some friends get some to and then kill her. Are you going to tell me that you Mr. Macho could stop it? I can tell you that with my Glock model 27 I could have a better chance to stop this than you with your shrunk up dick from being scared to death and little fist.

Now then if you use your head for something more than a hat rack, do you think the "BAD GUY" cares about you or your wife? Now, same situation but I am around to see this take place, you know the guy with the gun you do not want me to have, what do you think I should do? Now, not what I would do but should.................

Also let us remember, I have never seen a gun kill anyone. It is impossible! The person that has his finger on the trigger and pulls is the only way a gun can do any harm. So my point is teach gun safety to all people not only kids. Let all people who have not been involved in a crime or do not have any mental problems carry. Make all women carry that qualify and could pull the trigger if they were in danger and I bet after two or three women killing the rapist and putting it on all TV channels that crime would begin to stop happening.

We buy Cigs. smoke die, we drink at all ages drive and most times kill some nice person just on the way home. We smoke dope, snort crank, coke and whatever else and die but I can not have a gun to protect me and my family and maybe yours from the 92% of prople out there who can not get a concealed care Lic. because of their back ground? Only 7% of people in the USA can qualify to conceal carry.

One message for the crook, do not come to Texas or any other great state with conceal carry and be on the news in a casket. From my warm sweety palm, I will carry. Ron Texas

Last edited by KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit (2005-11-13 05:47:04)

-=Rekvisita=-Blyant
+0|6748|Norway
well if a guy walk up close and puts a gun in my face it really wouldnt be that much of a problem to disarm him....
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6752
I see no problem with guns, but I see a problem with retards and guns..
The Netherlands has a good gun control program I think, oce you qualify you can have 5 guns for the basic permit or more with a special permit.
Qualification takes 1 year, and you need to be a member of a gun club and have 25 shooting days in a year every year for 5 guns.
Got qualification when I was 18 :-)

Last edited by delta4bravo*nl* (2005-11-13 14:02:28)

Yea I had a friend who thought the same way and tried to take a knife from a guy and became a victim with a knife in his gut. I like you macho boys. I am a retired policeman and even with my training I would be very concerned if a gun was in my face with a thug who really has the upper hand because he has more than likly planned to do harm and you the victim are surprized. If you have never been on the receiving end you can only guess what you would do so if you try this if it happens, you can also be on TV. (Man tried to disarm a thug with a gun with his bare hands and services will be held today for him and his wife who was bruttally raped and killed by four unknown men. Good luck, God bless.
>HzK<PhoeniX
+0|6741|france
in france , for have a gun (or more) you need : more than 21 year
                                                                     a licence in a gun club
                                                                     the gun club have to be agree for that (they make a paper for
                                                                     a juge)
                                                                     you have to go every year , whith your guns , at the police
                                                                     for show if they aren't modify .

BUT, you can't walk in a street whith a gun.....you just have the right to go at your gun club , you have to disable your gun , put it in a closed box , and bullets in a other closed box.
for the house you need the same.
AUS is very safe I hope. I also hope the Crooks follow your Laws also. I am sure they do...NOT...
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837
can I turn in my firearm last, after all the criminals give up theirs?
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
In order to inforce ANY absolute laws then every gun should be registered and the guns bullet mark recorded.  Even gun advocates have little reason to object to keeping tabs on all the guns that are sold so the bullets can be ID''ed is found where they souldnt be (Inside someone)
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6771|Atlanta, GA USA

MurrayP wrote:

In order to inforce ANY absolute laws then every gun should be registered and the guns bullet mark recorded.  Even gun advocates have little reason to object to keeping tabs on all the guns that are sold so the bullets can be ID''ed is found where they souldnt be (Inside someone)
That's all well and good in theory, but criminals don't get their guns the legal way.  They buy them illegally (or steal them).  The only people who would really be affected would be the law abiding citizens.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6771|Atlanta, GA USA

Varsol wrote:

Unless you procure a special licence, full automatic weapons are illegal in the US.
This is a good point that I think a lot of people don't realize.  Most people equate assault rifles with fully automatic weapons, which is incorrect.  It has been illegal to own a fully automatic weapon without a special license (which is hard as hell to get, I've heard) in the US since the 20s (I think).  It was a result of the gangsters using Tommy guns.
So when people talk of buying assault rifles, they are talking about semi-automatic versions.  For instance, the AR-15 is a semi-automatic version of the M16.
It is possible to convert an AR to make it fully automatic, but it is illegal.  In addition, other (non assault) rifles can be converted to be fully automatic as well.  For instance, I have heard of a certain 22 rifle (don't know which one) that can be made fully auto by placing a magnet behind the firing pin.
section9
+9|6847|USA
Guns suck if anything this game should teach people how stupid war is.....don't get me wrong I enjoy playing the game frustrating as it is at times but who in their right mind would want anything to do with the military or guns after playing these games?

Last edited by section9 (2005-11-20 17:09:20)

Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837

atlvolunteer wrote:

Varsol wrote:

Unless you procure a special licence, full automatic weapons are illegal in the US.
This is a good point that I think a lot of people don't realize.  Most people equate assault rifles with fully automatic weapons, which is incorrect.  It has been illegal to own a fully automatic weapon without a special license (which is hard as hell to get, I've heard) in the US since the 20s (I think).  It was a result of the gangsters using Tommy guns.
So when people talk of buying assault rifles, they are talking about semi-automatic versions.  For instance, the AR-15 is a semi-automatic version of the M16.
It is possible to convert an AR to make it fully automatic, but it is illegal.  In addition, other (non assault) rifles can be converted to be fully automatic as well.  For instance, I have heard of a certain 22 rifle (don't know which one) that can be made fully auto by placing a magnet behind the firing pin.
Most of the conversions to full auto require a machine shop and a lot of precision work to be done.  And even then it's really illegal to do.  And most of the "real easy" conversion stuff is so unsafe or unreliable that sane people don't do it.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6753

Burning_Monkey wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

Varsol wrote:

Most of the conversions to full auto require a machine shop and a lot of precision work to be done.  And even then it's really illegal to do.  And most of the "real easy" conversion stuff is so unsafe or unreliable that sane people don't do it.
And not to forget the fact that most of the guns that you can convert, are guns you have to get a federal firearms license for, which if you are going that route you might as well go the full route and go through the paper work and stuff to own and buy a machine gun.

And the classification of an "assault" weapon according to the now sunsetted assault weapons ban meant weapon features that were for the cosmetic or ergonomic features were illegal. They banned grenade launchers(like m203) and bayonet clips. Thing is you can get the a grenade legally with a 200$ IRS fee, and paperwork, and those are highly regulated and not handed out to anyone that asks.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837

freebirdpat wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

And not to forget the fact that most of the guns that you can convert, are guns you have to get a federal firearms license for, which if you are going that route you might as well go the full route and go through the paper work and stuff to own and buy a machine gun.

And the classification of an "assault" weapon according to the now sunsetted assault weapons ban meant weapon features that were for the cosmetic or ergonomic features were illegal. They banned grenade launchers(like m203) and bayonet clips. Thing is you can get the a grenade legally with a 200$ IRS fee, and paperwork, and those are highly regulated and not handed out to anyone that asks.
Well, I was more talking about stuff like an HK93 which requires parts to be fabricated and your upper reciever to be milled within .0001 of an inch tolerance or the thing is worthless afterwards.  Don't know about most people, but I really don't want to dump upwards of $700US on a rifle and then screw it up and make it unusable because I ground off too much of the slide track or something.  And the other wonderful thing about converted weapons is that there is no safety stop on full auto if you convert, at least not for modern military weapons.  The AK's might be the only difference.
AFCOP
+0|6732
Kllroy, you make some good points, most of which are already true, except your first one, which wasnt a good point anyways. I have been shooting since i was 7, enlisted in the Air Force, Hunter safety instructor, and am part of the Combat Arms team in the Air Force. Discipline is the key to gun control. Proper instruction and observation of a 5 yr old can turn into a wonderful thing, shooting is one of the best pastimes in America. Right now im sitting in a room with a 240B heavy machine gun, 3 M-4s, an M-16, and a 203 grenade launcher on an M-16. The military trusts me with a TS clearance and access to the worlds most powerful weapons. All of that to an 18 yr old. God Bless America.
I love my guns and country God Bless our Military. Retired Air Force
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837
If you have the means to modify a Firearm you could just as easily produce one. Until the advent of mass production. Your local blacksmith would make and Repair weapons. I can make and SMG in about 30 hours.
I could teach most people how in 12.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837

Horseman 77 wrote:

If you have the means to modify a Firearm you could just as easily produce one. Until the advent of mass production. Your local blacksmith would make and Repair weapons. I can make and SMG in about 30 hours.
I've never thought about it like that, but yeah, I could probably make a pretty nice SMG in a couple of days.
Pig_Fooker
+1|6737|Temecula, CA
I believe its the parents responsibility to shoot there children before they kill, especially when they already know that they are emo.  Therefore I blame Elmo, or whomever emo kids worship.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6753

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

I've never thought about it like that, but yeah, I could probably make a pretty nice SMG in a couple of days.
The Mythbuster guys made a rocket in 48 hours, I am guessing if you had the resources available on you already, you could probably make a SMG in under 24 hours.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6837
Yep its really a non issue like " Banning Tigers in city parks to keep our kids safe " Fcuking tiger owners or so reckless.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837

freebirdpat wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

The Mythbuster guys made a rocket in 48 hours, I am guessing if you had the resources available on you already, you could probably make a SMG in under 24 hours.
Rifleing the barrel would be a little tough.  I don't have the machinery for that.  But most everything else I have on hand.  And the Mythbuster guys have built rockets before, prior experiance goes a long way when building stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard