Poll

Points, Kills, Wins or Awards? What's Your Objective When Playing?

To Score Points17%17% - 22
To Kill22%22% - 28
To Win21%21% - 27
To Get Awards18%18% - 23
To Do The Bunny-Hop Polka4%4% - 6
Other (Please Explain)13%13% - 17
Total: 123
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
Im a points guy, which Is why I like support!  I can hold my own against any class + get resupply points.  Medic is also good for point guys like me but support is pretty damn fun.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6782|The Hague, Holland
Bunnyhop polka !
deject
Got His War On
+37|6774|Golden, CO
I play mostly for fun, but I do try to get badges if I know I'm close to getting one.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6838|government yard in trenchtown.
Nowadays, I play for kills, since I really want to get that Combat Action Medal in the next few weeks.
Bloody Sky
+2|6845|Texas
Number one objective -- To kill!

Even if that means jumping in a jet and suiciding into a full Blackhawk!
I know, I know. It pisses most of you guys off when I "have no skill" and run my jet (and myself!) into your full squad of a Blackhawk..... BUT HEY!! I got to live up to my name!

And if you don't like that, then well, you can get the Hell out of my server...
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6755
I think everything is always second to having a good time & enjoying the time your spending on the game, getting medals, a better rank etc are all just an added bonus that adds to the element of fun in the game. Well for me anyway.

I hope that the expansion enhances just as much on enjoyability of the game as on fresh weapons, vehicles & maps.

Last edited by -=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon (2005-11-20 15:53:26)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I play for awards, fun, cudos, but the only stat I really care about, (apart from how good, sorry, crap a sniper I am, ) is the "Worst enemy of" statistic. I want as many as possible. They are like trophy heads from game hunting.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6841|Missoula, MT
Other:  I play for the enjoyment of a team win.  If my team wins because we worked together as one, I'm happy. 
Buzerk1
+44|6836
Not in choice...I played for overall improvement of my gaming skills...K/D ratio, Points and I want my team to win...
SteikeTa
+153|6748|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

superfly_cox wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

you left out "to have fun"
if i had put fun as an option then obviously everybody would have voted for that and what's the point of the poll?

seriously, does anybody not play the game for fun?  is anybody out there trying to increase their earning potential by play BF2?  or trying to impress chicks?  or maybe you're doing your doctoral thesis on the subliminary imagery regarding the inclusion of numerous wheelbarrows through out the bf2 landscape and their effects on the players' potential to punish for team kills?
Damn, that must be the most none-understandbeble sentence i have ever read in my life. Then again, english is not my language. Hmm, not saying that its a stupid sentence. Dont get me wrong!!

I play the game for almost all of the reasons mentioned. I want to be better than my friends. Have more kills, wins, medals and so on.
nzjafa
+2|6766
i like to set my sights on a badge and play until i get it. i think its a good addition to the game, cos i use an internet cafe with my friend, and he usually gets more points than me, and other friends play more often or own the game, and it means i still have something to compare with them despite difference in time played
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6756
Other.  I attempt to stay alive as long as possible, while still helping my team as much as I can.  I have had a few rounds where I did not die at all, but still was of assistance to my team. . . usualy as a medic.

I should mention lately I have started working on my vet badges.  simply for S&G's

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2005-11-20 18:22:25)

slidero
Recently I've been playing to win for the war college ribbon, and that nets me plenty of points (tank/jet whoring etc)
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
I am a team player. I like team work. I like working towards the over goal of winning a map. I do everything I can to help my team to that goal. I play whatever kit is needed for my squad. If I am a squad leader I attempt to get into position to best gain a point. I play to Win because teamwork is the avenue to that goal.

And recently I have been attempt to get my knife badge just to get the 1st Sergeant rank. But that's just a side goal.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Fearnight
+0|6735
Depends on what class I'm currently playing. For a medic my main objective will be to score points through healing, reviving, and flags. For say a sniper my main objective will be to get as many kills as possible.
dshak
+4|6813
just win baby.

I find that if you are doing everything you can to help your TEAM be successful, quality kills and scores just come naturally. I can honestly say that other than selecting a kit just because I didn't have the badge yet, I've acheived just about all of my awards through natural play, that is, without "setting out to earn" this badge or that one. The two exceptions to this would be my veteran spec ops and anti-tank, but I earned both as a commander so my push for 20 kills came through arty and didn't effect my team play at all.

I digress.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-20 22:01:07)

Heretic
+3|6777
I be playing to obtain all those pretty little awards and ribbons. They are a challenge that keeps me coming back. Teamwork when it shows up. It's what makes the game unforgetable. And those great moments like when you respawn and your character gives out his dying sigh. You know, the " AAAWWWW "

Holy fk everytime that happens I laugh loudly.

Graphics, sound, weapons, all reasons I come back for.
ayb
+0|6755|Orlando, FL
my bf2 play has evolved. it went from competition to fun to personal growth. i was never much of a sniper in 42 and bfv so i decided to try something different, and when the details of the minimum deviation bs were revealed it made me strive even harder for those headshots.

and cheesy as it may sound, i usually try to play for a team victory over a personal one. i'll sprint for the tow when a tank approaches and swing that sucker around to get a shot off. i know i'll probably die soon and i sometimes won't even get the kill, but if i can hit it i know i've made it easier for the next person to take it out.

Last edited by ayb (2005-11-20 22:28:22)

Boogie
+1|6746
Right now I am playing to win.  Kinda stuck with the ribbons and what not.  Don't have 200+ hours so I dont have to worry about medals quite yet.  Silvered out most of the 15+ hour combat badges, the only ribbon that is eluding me at the momment is the "Crew Service".

But after I meet the time requirements for the medals and badges, aquiring those will be my main concern.
1234BGD
+1|6750
1. To win the battle
2. To kill as many opponents, and I try not to die too many times
3. To help my team win the battle

However, I love, ABSOLUTELY LOVE GETTING MEDALS AND STUFF.

Like when I found out first about BF2s I was into - wow, I want the medals - then I realised that actually medals will come by themselves, as I improve my skills. So it kindda works well for me.
Alku
Out of Nowhere
+0|6737|Helsinki, Finland
For kills and trying to improve my accuracy. Not very teamworkish I know, but thats what I like to do while I play.

But in the back of my head I try to drive my team to victory and glory. It's instics nowdays and I dont give my thought about it I just try to do my part.

And everyone should just have fun in the game, thats why they are made for: Entetainment.

Last edited by Alku (2005-11-21 01:38:05)

EM3Robertson
+0|6765|Goose Creek, SC
Get the kills and the rest follows.....going for the win entails the kills and teamwork though......

...well.....I tricked myself into multiple answers
vedds
+52|6755|Christchurch New Zealand
For me its that feeling you get when you pull off the impossible shot. bwning a cobra with a TOW, Sniping the bunny hopper engaging a teamate miles away, that sort of shit.

Also when you are in a real good voice squad with everybody playing thier role and following the SL. it is just so much fun flanking people while the support keeps their head down ( i got my solitary knife kill that way)

The awards are cool when they just pop up - i must admit i have tried for c4 pistol and knife badges but i never try for long cos years of alcohol abuse mean my attention span is cr.... ooh look over there
Shift-Key
+0|6734
Can some tell me if the war college ribbon is for 3 win ratio overall or 3 win ratio as commander?
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6814
My favorite part of this game, is throwing a grenade or two, getting some kills with that, then switching to assault rifle and getting 3+ kills, then switching to pistol, getting a kill with that and finally grabbing your knife and charging the remaining troops.

Often enough i can actually get the knife kill(s) and reload my weapons and repeat.

God I love that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard