Poll

Was That Noobish Of Me ???

Yes it was .78%78% - 52
No it wasn't .3%3% - 2
Well if it got you an reward hell , good for you...18%18% - 12
Total: 66
thctunnelrat
+1|6763
Ok , Last night i was playing "Golf Of Oman" on 32 man. All i needed was a engenir badge to have prety much all the bageses and i have been trying to get my repair badge so i figured what the hell you know what im going to do, im going to start to destroy the UAV , Radar etc. Then i would go back with my wrench and fix it to get the badge. (i truly didn't care about the points just wanted badge) so thats what i did and it worked now i got my badge. But was this noobish of me ?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6822|Delaware
I'm sure the commander didn't appriciate that, so in a sense: yes.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6789|England
I needed 1 more point for my veteran repair and I had about 10 tickets left and since I had been trying for this for a while and this was the closest id been to it I did the very same thing.

Of course Ive found a much better way now, simply drive a humvee half into the water (this works best on sharqi by the MEC chopper spawn) then when you start taking damage switch to a passenger position where you are able to repair and start repairing!
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
I don't know as 'noobish' is the right word, but it was not good tactics. I know if I'd been playing with you I wouldn't have appreciated the wasted efforts of a team member, especially to disable vital equipment which can make or break a team's effort.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6775|Golden, CO

thctunnelrat wrote:

"Golf Of Oman"
FORE!!!  Can someone get that tank off the green?
frasierdog
laff @ internetz
+2|6764
You're the kind of person that's ruining BF2
iamamuts
+2|6757|Lisse, Netherlands
you only play city maps frasierdog
divided
Clear!
+3|6774
bwned
SlickWRX
+6|6744
That was smacktardish of you.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6742|Vermont

iamamuts wrote:

I do as well.  The idea that people only play city maps because they can score more points is stupid.  I play them because there is more action, which means more fun for me.  Why do people insist on passing judgement on others just because they like infantry battles?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Yeah, lets not be dicks to each other here. A lot of people only play city maps. That's their choice.
And that killing own commander assets thig, yeah, It's a pretty lame tactic, but no-one cares in the end do they? You have your badge and no-one else gives a flying fuck.
Even if they were playing on that particular server at that particular time I bet they don't give a fuck. It's not like they go around talking to people saying, "oh yeah, this was this faggot once on BF2 who blew up my Commander assets. It ruined my life man!"

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-20 16:19:09)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

Tyferra wrote:

"oh yeah, this was this faggot once on BF2 who blew up my Commander assets. It ruined my life man!"
rofl! Though there are people around who take this game VERY seriously you know... I reckon to get the 1337 badges, medals, etc and rack up the playing time some of the top guys have means being chained to yer pc, no life, food on a drip...
frasierdog
laff @ internetz
+2|6764

iamamuts wrote:

Not always. Whatever map I'm in I'm only doing ground combat. So meh
Mario-C
+0|6744|Wellington Nz

deject wrote:

thctunnelrat wrote:

"Golf Of Oman"
ROFL
nzjafa
+2|6767
ive only ever done that ONCE cos i was one point away from the veteran repair and there were 10 or so tickets left in the game and i thought 'i'm fucked if i'm going to finish with 9 points again' so i blew it up then fixed it, got my point and my badge... but im not gona do it again cos its a pretty lame thing to do.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6757
yes, but with only one point needed I could see doing it.
ud bslapper
+0|6778
you loose points for team damage and u gain for repair so ud be wasting ur time and making no head way
Just drive ur jeep into the water Hop in the back and repair like u have a socket set
SteikeTa
+153|6749|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

deject wrote:

thctunnelrat wrote:

"Golf Of Oman"
Hehehe.

Hmm, 04:57, i should go to sleep now.....
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6757|NH - USA
Your a dishonorable discharge.
AirForce2076
+1|6743|MN
Well, EA made it lame anyways..
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6787

deject wrote:

thctunnelrat wrote:

"Golf Of Oman"
LMAO
Now that would make for an interesting map.

While it was pretty selfish of you to destroy the commander assets like that, at least you had the deceancy to repair them, I saw one guy accidently blow an artillery piece up, he just ran off over the hill.
OUROBOROS
+0|6759

Tyferra wrote:

"oh yeah, this was this faggot once on BF2 who blew up my Commander assets. It ruined my life man!"
it did ruin my life man! now i live in a van down by the river.
ayb
+0|6756|Orlando, FL
people like you are why stats have become so meaningless.
Superaap
+0|6747
Pretty lame..destroying your own teams assets.
The way I got the egineering badge was simple...get in the AA turret on the carrier (Gulf of Oman) and shoot the crap out of any enemy plane you see.. This will annoy all the enemy pilots and they will start bombing the AA turret...now this is your chance to get some repair points and to get some bonus points/badge for the AA kills you make....
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland
That whas pretty much lame yeh..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard